This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sears is offering 100% Back in SYWR Points for Select DieHard Phone Accessories with free in-store pickup. Note: Shop Your Way Membership is free to sign up for!

Notable Offers:

• DieHard 10,000mAh Power Bank Portable Charger; $37.99
  • DieHard 7,800 mAh Waterproof Power Bank Portable Charger $39.99
  • DieHard Cases for iPhone 5 or 6; $19.99

Note: Make sure to check your SYWR Deal Center for additional coupons or offers that may stack. You can not use points on this purchase or you will not receive the 100% back offer.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
So this deal turned out very well for me. My order was canceled and I didn't get what I ordered. Slightly disappointing.... (more)

sdskees (Aug. 05, 2016 @ 12:20a) |

Same here. I'm surprised and impressed with Sears's response. Haven't really had positive service in a while from them a... (more)

novocane (Aug. 05, 2016 @ 3:34a) |

Agreed, got the points and didn't have to make a fuss. Not as good as the deal would have been, but better than zero.

kirbydog (Aug. 07, 2016 @ 3:48p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice! Wish I had a Sears/Kmart gift card to use buying these chargers.
C'mon eBay, put a sale on those along with an ?x eBay Bucks promotion!

N1OP.

Check out this 4-Port USB Car Charger for $17.99 with 100% back in points. 

http://www.sears.com/diehard-4-port-usb-car-charger-black/p-0573...

Bought 4 of those, great deal!!!

I've got to say that all of these "get 100% back in points" offers lately have made me a big spender at Sears and Kmart lately, but seriously, this can't be a sustainable business model for them... it's sustainable for me though.

sdskees said:   I've got to say that all of these "get 100% back in points" offers lately have made me a big spender at Sears and Kmart lately, but seriously, this can't be a sustainable business model for them... it's sustainable for me though.
  What?  You mean like the dot bomb deals in 2000 ...

Good deal, with $10 off $75 coupon and cashback, and paying with discounted K-mart GCs (from eBay), this is a pretty decent MM.

Thanks op! I bought 4 items for pick up: an iPhone 5 case, iPhone 6 case, the waterproof power bank portable charger, and charge and sync cable. I paid $111.56 and got $119.16 back in points. Yay!

sdskees said:   I've got to say that all of these "get 100% back in points" offers lately have made me a big spender at Sears and Kmart lately, but seriously, this can't be a sustainable business model for them... it's sustainable for me though.
 ​Well, it does depend what you buy. These diehard batteries are rebadged Chinese batteries, the gross margins on them are going to be quite high. Probably like 70-80%. Meanwhile, they give you back points with a lot of limitations, including expiry if you don't use them. At the end of the day, suppose you spend $100 in new money. You get $100 worth of vastly overpriced diehard items and $100 worth of points. So you have $100 cost, with $200 in "value", though $100 of that value is locked in with overpriced and high margin diehard accessories. At best, this is a 50% discount, but giving you $100 back in points feels (to most people) like a much better deal than getting 50% off $200 in spend, including $100 in diehard crap =). If you then use your $100 in points to buy very low margin stuff, then Sears could be a loser. But if you buy more high margin crap or let the points expire, then basically Sears is still making money. 

novocane said:   
 ​Well, it does depend what you buy. These diehard batteries are rebadged Chinese batteries, the gross margins on them are going to be quite high. Probably like 70-80%. Meanwhile, they give you back points with a lot of limitations, including expiry if you don't use them. At the end of the day, suppose you spend $100 in new money. You get $100 worth of vastly overpriced diehard items and $100 worth of points. So you have $100 cost, with $200 in "value", though $100 of that value is locked in with overpriced and high margin diehard accessories. At best, this is a 50% discount, but giving you $100 back in points feels (to most people) like a much better deal than getting 50% off $200 in spend, including $100 in diehard crap =). If you then use your $100 in points to buy very low margin stuff, then Sears could be a loser. But if you buy more high margin crap or let the points expire, then basically Sears is still making money. 

What he said.

jschuman said:   
  What?  You mean like the dot bomb deals in 2000 ...

cyberrebate.com

drmorb said:   
novocane said:   
...you have $100 cost, with $200 in "value", ..$100 of that value is locked in with overpriced and high margin diehard accessories. At best, this is a 50% discount, but giving you $100 back in points feels (to most people) like a much better deal than getting 50% off $200 in spend....

What he said.

Took the liberty to make it concise.

KHTC said:   Check out this 4-Port USB Car Charger for $17.99 with 100% back in points. 

http://www.sears.com/diehard-4-port-usb-car-charger-black/p-0573... 

I paid $6 out of pocket at radio shack last year for this

Anybody get an order cancellation? I bought two of the 10,000 mAh power banks and they canceled on me.

novocane said:   
 ​Well, it does depend what you buy. These diehard batteries are rebadged Chinese batteries, the gross margins on them are going to be quite high. Probably like 70-80%. Meanwhile, they give you back points with a lot of limitations, including expiry if you don't use them. At the end of the day, suppose you spend $100 in new money. You get $100 worth of vastly overpriced diehard items and $100 worth of points. So you have $100 cost, with $200 in "value", though $100 of that value is locked in with overpriced and high margin diehard accessories. At best, this is a 50% discount, but giving you $100 back in points feels (to most people) like a much better deal than getting 50% off $200 in spend, including $100 in diehard crap =). If you then use your $100 in points to buy very low margin stuff, then Sears could be a loser. But if you buy more high margin crap or let the points expire, then basically Sears is still making money. 

I use pretty much all of my points on entertainment.Kmart.com (which is technically outsourced to some entity that isn't Kmart, but you can use your points to buy anything on there, including surprise points most of the time), and I've got a long list of things I want to buy on there. A lot of the stuff on there is as cheap or cheaper than Amazon.com, so to me, it is like I'm buying things that I would be buying on Amazon.com, using surprise points to combine with it, and getting these items for free as a bonus. For those purposes, I tend to come out pretty far ahead... not to mention that I stock up on discount gift cards to buy these things to begin with.

sdskees said:   Anybody get an order cancellation? I bought two of the 10,000 mAh power banks and they canceled on me.
  Yep, mine was cancelled too. Once again, Sears shows how bad they suck.

novocane said:   
sdskees said:   Anybody get an order cancellation? I bought two of the 10,000 mAh power banks and they canceled on me.
  Yep, mine was cancelled too. Once again, Sears shows how bad they suck.

cannot agree any more.  mine is the same.

novocane said:   

Yep, twice, had a feeling it would happen when the rewards points were clocking in higher than the price. 

drmorb said:   
novocane said:   

Yep, twice, had a feeling it would happen when the rewards points were clocking in higher than the price. 

Yep, canceled for explanation.

The DieHard 10,000mAh Power Bank Portable Charger now says "temporarily unavailable".

None is available

how do u spend their points? everything is overpriced at Sears and Kmart. i tried to spend $10 in points the last time at their k-mart store. after an hr, i walked out empty handed. for small items, WalMart has everything cheaper. if i would have to spend them on their regular prices, that means these items are not really free after 100% back in points.

How do I spend my points?

For starters, I really like K-Mart's all-you-can-drink 99 cent Slurpees. They also have good prices on near expiration food items. The other day I picked up several boxes of $1 or less Cheez-it Grooves snack crackers and Ritz crackers. I also buy sale items that are competitively priced. Some of the store coupons will take money off your purchase even if you pay with points and they also accept manufacturer coupons. Thrre is also no sales tax when redeeming points making it a little more attractive that way, too.

microkelvin said:   
  how do u spend their points? everything is overpriced at Sears and Kmart. i tried to spend $10 in points the last time at their k-mart store. after an hr, i walked out empty handed. for small items, WalMart has everything cheaper. if i would have to spend them on their regular prices, that means these items are not really free after 100% back in points.

As I mentioned, I like building movie and music collections. Their online store for that (which is sort of separate from the main Kmart website at entertainment.Kmart.com, and operated by the same wholesale distributor that handles online media sales for Target, Best Buy, WalMart, and many other major retailers) for that usually has competitive prices on all of that stuff with 99 cent shipping per order, and you're able to combine with surprise points on there too. Of course, if you aren't into that (I know most people don't see the value in collecting these things anymore and prefer to just Netflix/Spotify everything), I'm not really sure what is worth buying.

MrVietnam said:   How do I spend my points?

For starters, I really like K-Mart's all-you-can-drink 99 cent Slurpees. They also have good prices on near expiration food items. The other day I picked up several boxes of $1 or less Cheez-it Grooves snack crackers and Ritz crackers. I also buy sale items that are competitively priced. Some of the store coupons will take money off your purchase even if you pay with points and they also accept manufacturer coupons. Thrre is also no sales tax when redeeming points making it a little more attractive that way, too.

good idea, but you have to be willing to stroll through K-mart.  I personally find it unbearable, while WalMart seems a little more bearable.

purchased gift cards from gift card granny to save another 7%

The Wal-Marts in my area are very clean (including restrooms), well lit and organized. We have shifted most of our shopping (including groceries) to WalMart. Asbolutely prefer it to Target where I have found multiple food items more than 6 months past their sell-by date and on the shelf despite having bought it to the section manager's attention the previous week!

amhidogha said:   The Wal-Marts in my area are very clean (including restrooms), well lit and organized. We have shifted most of our shopping (including groceries) to WalMart. Asbolutely prefer it to Target where I have found multiple food items more than 6 months past their sell-by date and on the shelf despite having bought it to the section manager's attention the previous week!
  This is even true around here, however Target have a way to drop to reach WalMart status.  Now our remaining Kmart and Sears stores are just down right depressing on all counts.

Is anyone having trouble in seeing your points on shopyourway? I see something that says under points
02 Aug 2016
Bonus points - Shell offer to be used to remove points for duplicate accounts

$80 of my points gone. It's just me and my husband that have accounts?? Then I logged back in and it asked me to join again then I clicked again and it says that there is maintenance?? I also had an order and now I wonder if that order is good as gone?

No need to worry just yet. They have frequent glitches where they take away your points, only to be reinstated the following day.

I ordered 4 DieHard items for gifts.  Only my 10,000 power bank was cancelled.  The order status for the other 3 are OK.  I've picked 1 up and 1 has a UPS tracking and 1 is processing.  I've already gotten over $100 in point awarded.  I use the points at Kmart and Sears for trying to complete my Gladiator garage or for buying detergent or cleaning products at Kmart and Sears.  I also use points to buy Xmas gifts (Craftsman garden tools or hand tools) for parties and for family and friends.  Buying these just put me in SYWR Silver status so now I have access to more SYWR deals for the rest of the year.

The 10000mah battery looks almost like the KMASHI 10000mAh except for the color of the case. Sellers on Amazon are selling them for 9-14.00 each. But free is free.

huh916 said:   The 10000mah battery looks almost like the KMASHI 10000mAh except for the color of the case. Sellers on Amazon are selling them for 9-14.00 each. But free is free.
  Except that it's not free. You pay $38+tax and get $74 in stuff (of which the $9 Amazon battery is one of them). $38-$9 is $29. So essentially, you're paying $29+tax to get a highly restricted and expiring $38 in points.

MrVietnam said:   How do I spend my points?

In addition, just today I picked up some toy Hot Wheels-type Jurassic Park 5 packs of cars that were normally $5.99 plus tax on ckearance for just 47 cents each with no tax (since I was paying with points). So I guess my point is K-Mart has really good clearance deals that you can stumble upon from time to time and that will also help you spend your points down.

SweetDee1 said:   Is anyone having trouble in seeing your points on shopyourway? I see something that says under points
02 Aug 2016
Bonus points - Shell offer to be used to remove points for duplicate accounts

$80 of my points gone. It's just me and my husband that have accounts?? Then I logged back in and it asked me to join again then I clicked again and it says that there is maintenance?? I also had an order and now I wonder if that order is good as gone?

Did it work itself out in the end?

So this deal turned out very well for me. My order was canceled and I didn't get what I ordered. Slightly disappointing. But because of the inconvenience, they went ahead and just gave me $15 in points. I didn't even contact them to complain or anything, they just showed up. So if you ended up getting a cancellation, look out for that.

sdskees said:   So this deal turned out very well for me. My order was canceled and I didn't get what I ordered. Slightly disappointing. But because of the inconvenience, they went ahead and just gave me $15 in points. I didn't even contact them to complain or anything, they just showed up. So if you ended up getting a cancellation, look out for that.
  Same here. I'm surprised and impressed with Sears's response. Haven't really had positive service in a while from them and this is refreshing.

novocane said:   
sdskees said:   So this deal turned out very well for me. My order was canceled and I didn't get what I ordered. Slightly disappointing. But because of the inconvenience, they went ahead and just gave me $15 in points. I didn't even contact them to complain or anything, they just showed up. So if you ended up getting a cancellation, look out for that.
  Same here. I'm surprised and impressed with Sears 's response. Haven't really had positive service in a while from them and this is refreshing.

Agreed, got the points and didn't have to make a fuss. Not as good as the deal would have been, but better than zero. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017