This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Consumer Reports $15.95 at Best Deal Magazines

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Consumer Reports is $15.95 today at Best Deal Magazines when you use code fatwallet16.

Best Deal Magazines 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Their ratings on cars are so bad, you can tell they haven't even driven some of the cars they rate. For example, the 2006 Hyundai Accent was rated "A nice Quiet ride", yet every person who stepped into my accent commented that it was the noisiest car they ever rode in.

you may not realize this, but your car is 10 years old.  Cars get noisier as they age...

I don't own the car anymore, I only owned it for 1.5 years (from 2006 when I bought it new until 2008 when I traded it in). When I owned it, that is what every person said. I got rid of the car after 1.5 years because of the noise level and the trunk (what imbecile would make a car where the trunk doesn't automatically lock when closing it - you need to put the key back in and turn it to lock the trunk - another thing consumer reports didn't mention in their report.)

Funny thing is, I ran into a friend in 2010 who had the Accent and asked them if they realized their trunk doesn't automatically lock and they couldn't believe it - for 2 years they didn't realize that their trunk had never been locked.

jpessin3 said:   Their ratings on cars are so bad, you can tell they haven't even driven some of the cars they rate. For example, the 2006 Hyundai Accent was rated "A nice Quiet ride", yet every person who stepped into my accent commented that it was the noisiest car they ever rode in.
I have the Dec. 2006 Consumer Reports with a review of that car, and they gave an average rating for noise, as they did for the Kia Rio, Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, and manual transmission version of the Nissan Versa (CVT automatic was rated better than average for noise).  In the report, CR said one of the lows for the Accent was "noisy highway cruise with manual".

jpatricks2 said:   you may not realize this, but your car is 10 years old.  Cars get noisier as they age...
  Even after new engine mounts and struts?

I am glad to know you have a consumer reports from 10 years ago lying around (sarcasm). What's next, you are going to sell me the golden gate bridge? Please stop making stuff up, I know what I read in consumer reports, the exact words were "a relatively quiet ride."

jpessin3 said:   I am glad to know you have a consumer reports from 10 years ago lying around (sarcasm). What's next, you are going to sell me the golden gate bridge? Please stop making stuff up, I know what I read in consumer reports, the exact words were "a relatively quiet ride."

There is some dust in your Consumer Reports.  It says, "a relatively quiet ride while wearing headphones."  We also rate the trunk higher than average due to the quick release mechanism.  This comes in Handy when you need to grab a bag of chips out of your trunk without the hassle of fumbling for the keys.  

I used the code but only got $4 off...so total price was :
Subtotal: $29.00
Vintage Superstore Pays: - $4.64
Customer Order Total: $24.36

Am I doing it wrong? I wont order it for that price.

Am I doing it wrong? I wont order it for that price.

Trying to order this magazine, that is your problem.
I cancelled my subscription after the Sherwin Williams Paint Fiasco along with the baby seat (for cars) fiasco.
They tried to pawn it off on their "contractors"////////lol

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017