Ringlpus Flash Promo - Double Bring It Over 2 plan - 5000 minutes, 5000 MB

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free/month plan with 5,000 minutes, 5,000 texts, 200 MMS, and 5,000 MB of Full-Speed 4G LTE data + unlimited 128k MB LTE add ons (you’ll have the possibility to add a zero dollar ($0) Add On of data (throttled at 128k) everyday if you don’t need full-speed 4G LTE data on any given day)
https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/6953/double-bring-it-over...

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I was in, but then I realized, why pay $30 for each of my two phones that I haven't upgraded, since they are just emerge... (more)

ElGuache (Aug. 03, 2016 @ 11:56p) |

Perhaps I am glad I missed it. I wasn't sure if they were going to charge me additional $30 for the upgrade.   I have Mo... (more)

gocint (Aug. 04, 2016 @ 6:05a) |

Even though the positive review thing was optional, entering something in the space was apparently mandatory in the orde... (more)

amhidogha (Aug. 04, 2016 @ 10:03a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've been MIA on R+ lately with work. There must be some catch, maybe not. I'll take a free dashboard upgrade tomorrow. PPN is actually keeping up lately http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2015/10/ringplus-promotions-trac...

Not totally free. There is a top up of $30+tax.

I've been on ringplus for 2 weeks now. I paid around $35 for the initial top up and get 4gb LTE per month. It's been great. If you can get a compatible phone, I highly recommend it.

Karl is a terrible writer.  Hard-to-understand syntax, missing words, etc.  Needs remedial English Comp course.  Proof your work, Karl!

This went way too fast for me.

Did you see this part of the deal?

"+ earn additional 500 MB LTE Full Speed/Month if you help us and post a positive review to help us increase our member base on another forum than RingPlus or Slickdeals or if you reply to someone's tweet helping him out with his telecom problem and tell him why RingPlus would be better for him (we will ask you for a link during sign up to gain the free allotment)."

Redbeard25 said:   This went way too fast for me.

"+ earn additional 500 MB LTE Full Speed/Month if you help us and post a positive review to help us increase our member base on another forum than RingPlus or Slickdeals or if you reply to someone's tweet helping him out with his telecom problem and tell him why RingPlus would be better for him (we will ask you for a link during sign up to gain the free allotment)."

Indeed, you are not as quick to catch up as other FW members.
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1517290/

Wow, look at all these great reviews. Karl, these people have earned their 500MB bonus.

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/6953/double-bring-it-over...

"Earn a 500 MB bonus every month if you post a "nice" Tweet about RingPlus on Twitter. Earn an another 500 MB/month for posting a positive review of RingPlus on any forum except the SlickDeals or RingPlus forums or for replying to someone's tweet to help them with telecom problem or to tell them why RingPlus would be a better choice for them."

Does anyone understand clearly how these promos work? They are incredibly difficult to understand for me sometimes . So is it possible to UPGRADE a current plan at 8pm tonight ? (Wednesday)

anorexicwallet said:   Does anyone understand clearly how these promos work? They are incredibly difficult to understand for me sometimes . So is it possible to UPGRADE a current plan at 8pm tonight ? (Wednesday)

Which part do you have trouble understanding?

Yes, there will be upgrades, but it might not be worth the effort in trying to get one. Not going to be that many available due to timing of the double promo + high demand, server will probably be down and it will be luck if you get in.

anorexicwallet said:   Does anyone understand clearly how these promos work? They are incredibly difficult to understand for me sometimes . So is it possible to UPGRADE a current plan at 8pm tonight ? (Wednesday)

Yes, you can upgrade at 8pm (PST) tonight.  However, only a limited number of upgrades are available, and the server will most likely be overloaded.  Thus, you need to be quick and lucky.  If you get a free upgrade, then this is one of the best plans from Ringplus.

nice plan but upgrade is getting all the buzz. I never imagined free 5GB and I've been around awhile. Glad it's over the dashboard, I messed up on classified last time and had to refund two upgrades.

voyagerbob said:   Not totally free. There is a top up of $30+tax.
  its never FREE ring+ shills are always saying it is, but you are ALWAYS putting out money.

I'm going to copy and paste a review that I just wrote for another thread:

I'm an old member and have been with RingPlus several months and have moved my family over with the exception of my daughter who is about to move. I've had a good experience and only lost service when traveling through the mountains of Vermont and an area in KY where my Verizon phone lost service as well.

I've waited for special promos for every phone. I had the Beach Ball with 5,000 everything and didn't think it would get any better than that, but last week they had a promo with 8,000 everything. I had a phone and sim ready and my son now has way more than he needs or will ever use when I send him away to college in two weeks.

Edited to say that my husband HATES the ads, but when asked if he would like to move to one of their plans for about $11 a month so that he wouldn't have to hear the ads, he balked! I don't like the ads, either, but will put up with them for a free phone service.

that's done on purpose so the folks don,t know what amount of money the so called FREE plans are costing them. karl is a master of that.

Is there a direct link to sign up for this ?  I am not seeing it. Sorry if that is a dump question. 

Edit :  I am logged into my account but not seeing any 5000 plan under FREE plan 

delete

MelissaB said:   I'm going to copy and paste a review that I just wrote for another thread:

I'm an old member and have been with RingPlus several months and have moved my family over with the exception of my daughter who is about to move. I've had a good experience and only lost service when traveling through the mountains of Vermont and an area in KY where my Verizon phone lost service as well.

I've waited for special promos for every phone. I had the Beach Ball with 5,000 everything and didn't think it would get any better than that, but last week they had a promo with 8,000 everything. I had a phone and sim ready and my son now has way more than he needs or will ever use when I send him away to college in two weeks.

Edited to say that my husband HATES the ads, but when asked if he would like to move to one of their plans for about $11 a month so that he wouldn't have to hear the ads, he balked! I don't like the ads, either, but will put up with them for a free phone service.

If you choose the classical music channel the ads are very few are far between.

withnoe said:   
MelissaB said:   I'm going to copy and paste a review that I just wrote for another thread:

If you choose the classical music channel the ads are very few are far between.

Thanks so much!  I'm changing this on all of my phones now. 

gocint said:   Is there a direct link to sign up for this ?  I am not seeing it. Sorry if that is a dump question. 

Edit :  I am logged into my account but not seeing any 5000 plan under FREE plan 

New Line was yesterday, free upgrades go live over the dashboard at 8pm I believe. Don't quote me on that and I really doubt many upgrades will be available. They really should charge a little for such a huge upgrade but don't tell them I said that. I'm too busy lately to keep track of this, it takes time to figure it out but it's worth it in the end. 

Monkeybiz said:   
gocint said:   Is there a direct link to sign up for this ?  I am not seeing it. Sorry if that is a dump question. 

New Line was yesterday, free upgrades go live over the dashboard at 8pm I believe. Don't quote me on that and I really doubt many upgrades will be available. They really should charge a little for such a huge upgrade but don't tell them I said that. I'm too busy lately to keep track of this, it takes time to figure it out but it's worth it in the end. 

Thanks ! I missed the new line. I could upgrade though.  I will check at 8.00PM.  

yes, ringplus sign ups take some reading and some work, but it's worth it for free cell service IMO. I didn't really understand the process myself at first, but it wasn't hard to figure out. I've been with R+ for over 8 months, and I'd recommend them. They also have a user forum that is pretty active. They can help you out if you have problems and questions. There's always a trade off, but overall, great alternative to the other service providers.

The upgrade deal is up tonite. I am ready to upgrade.

sold out in less than a minute!

sold out in 4 minutes. I was in but i had forgotten to post a positive review.     

What does R+ membership give you ? 

gocint said:   sold out in 4 minutes. I was in but i had forgotten to post a positive review.     

What does R+ membership give you ? 

Same here, was in but was asked about the positive review for 250MB more. Think I saw a message that the plan would be upgraded the beginning of next cycle or so but don't know if I actually got in or not. How do I check? Thanks.

for those who got in, did the plan change right away or is there any confirmation?

update: it would show on the dashboard activity log.

I find it very interesting that they didn't sell out on the new lines yesterday (I think I saw someone say they had 500 available), but only got 127 new members on this plan. So there were an equal number of upgrades for existing customers available tonight. 

While it is clear that Sprint's crackdown on the subsidized prepaid phones has had an effect on new subscribers, I can tell you that I have been very pleasantly surprised by my experience with RingPlus. The Sprint coverage is very good, and actually better than I expected, both in terms of geography as well as data speeds. While I did see some small gaps in some more rural areas, I've had LTE in just about everywhere else, and nearly all of the non-LTE locations had a very useable 3G signal.  Call quality has gotten better too, and while not as good as T-Mobile, it's close to Veeizon's CDMA (non VOLTE) quality (Sprint doesn't offer VOLTE yet). 

And the plans are either free or very low cost compared to the other MVNOs.  The caveat is, just like the legacy carriers, you don't want to go over as the overage rates for most plans are high compared to the base costs.  So if you can get your hands on a iPhone 5s/5C (Sprint or Verizon), iPhone 6/6S (Spirnt, Verizon or unlocked GSM), or for those Android users a Sprint capable Nexus or the new Moto G4, you'd have a great plan at a great price. Obviously these 2GB+ plans come around fairly regularly, just wait for one that more than meets your needs (if you need 1GB, wait for 2GB -- if you need 2GB, wait for at least 3GB, so you have some wiggle room). 

I missed the free upgrade tonight, the twitter part threw me off my game. Turns out you only needed to avoid leaving survey field blank. Win some lose some, din't really need it.

I was in, but then I realized, why pay $30 for each of my two phones that I haven't upgraded, since they are just emergency phones. So I didn't upgrade.

ElGuache said:   I was in, but then I realized, why pay $30 for each of my two phones that I haven't upgraded, since they are just emergency phones. So I didn't upgrade.
Perhaps I am glad I missed it. I wasn't sure if they were going to charge me additional $30 for the upgrade.   I have Momentum now.  (No free MMS though)

Anyone use their tethering add  on ?  How good is it ? 

Even though the positive review thing was optional, entering something in the space was apparently mandatory in the order process and the the order wasn't completed. WTF! If it was optional, why block the transaction in its entirety? This was the line that R+ had downgraded from Hip-Hop1 to TF-Upgrade. Well, have to wait for the next promo.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017