Posted with ToGo

Nexus 6P 64GB Matte Gold LTE Unlocked Smartphone

$399.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875606073

Promo Code: EMCEMEK36

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i have an s5. Im happy. But if it was a ton better i might switch.
What r the differences ? Just chipsets and appearence ?

owenscott said:    i have an s5. Im happy. But if it was a ton better i might switch.

Google Nexus 6P vs Samsung Galaxy S5

owenscott said:    i have an s5. Im happy. But if it was a ton better i might switch.

Nexus has a much bigger screen, which some people really like, but is hard to handle with one hand.
Nexus gets Google software security updates and new features much more quickly.
Samsung comes with Samsung software, which some people hate and others tolerate.

Remember that the new Nexus phones are rumored to be released any day now.

​I'm waiting for the newer nexus to debut. Then, the price should really drop!

Jes1 said:   ​I'm waiting for the newer nexus to debut. Then, the price should really drop!
  ditto.

thank u joemi ... but thats kinda technical talk. Which didnt really help me. I was looking for more like reviews. Mainly its hard to function with one hand ... which means i should stay away as my phones hard enough.
 Thanks.

i have a Nexus 6 and I cant get myself to upgrade to the 6P. Based on the specs. the 6 vs 6p is just an added fingerprint reader and a faster processor. Also the 6 is a 6inch screen vs the 6p 5.7" screen. staying with the 6 till the 7p comes out.

FWjunkie2 said:   
Jes1 said:   ​I'm waiting for the newer nexus to debut. Then, the price should really drop!
  ditto.

Tritto.

I have a Nexus 6 that I spent about a week researching then buying, for about the same price. Coming from a Sam Sung S2 it was nice on my old eyes. Yes, especially with a case it's probably too big for one hand texting, but what I've done several times (being a hopeless tech nerd) is to make a exact size model of it out of cardboard/paper/tape to show the form factor. Try it in a old case, stick it on your dashboard/cup holder, take it to bed and put it under your pillow (ok, that's probably too much, but place it on your bedside table, and dream...).

Yes, it does seem to get  updates before many other Android models. I would like to strip out some bloatware but I don't know enough about having to root it and making it a paper weight, so many scroogle apps will remain.

Problems, only 1 great problem for 3 days that was between that model and my carrier. I couldn't send SMS and would lose cell data when away from WiFi occasionally. Reboot would fix things. Not to shill for TMO, but their support told me of the glitch, working on it, tech also called me back the next day and sent me a SMS with work around instructions. Works fine now.

That said there are some things I absolutely hate that might be solved with some app I haven't found yet (any app devs reading?). There it sits with its black blank screen. I know I have 2 messages, but after telling me several times it goes black again. If I bump it, I see again, but it goes back to sleep. There's probably an app that would let me set an important email or phone # (spouse, doctor, bookie) where it'd stay blinking on screen and/or beep or yell at me.

There are 2 problems with Nexus 6P which prevents me from considering. First, it does not allow expanded storage like most other Andriod phones do. Second, it does not offer dual SIM.

you should get oneplus 3 or zte axon 7 at $399.00

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016