This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

ARRIS - SURFboard 600 Series DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - White
$79.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/arris-surfboard-600-series-docsis-3-0-cable-modem-white/9082019.p?id=1219389047410&skuId=9082019

This ARRIS SURFboard 600 Series SB6183 cable modem features Gigabit Ethernet connectivity and offers DOCSIS 3.0 channel bonding of up to 16 download and 4 upload channels for optimal performance.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP. Bought it for $10 more at Costco, but my Cities Price Rewind will get me this $10.

Might want to put "6183" in the title, instead of the nebulous "600 Series."

$10 less for a refurb at Amazon. If you're paying to rent a modem, get one of these, it'll pay for itself in <10 months.

https://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-SURFboard-SB6183-DOCSIS-Cable/dp/B0...

can I use this for Comcast Xfinity Internet and TV service?  I.e., replace the monthly rental I have now?

sijaz said:   can I use this for Comcast Xfinity Internet and TV service?  I.e., replace the monthly rental I have now?
  It would seem so, according to Comcast's DOCSIS Device Compatibility and Capability page, at http://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/

12345Michael54321 said:   Might want to put "6183" in the title, instead of the nebulous "600 Series."
  came here to say the same thing ... especially since it seems there are at least 3 different model in the 600's

I always hear that these surfboard modems are the best for Time Warner and Comcast. However, aren't these 16 channel modems only useful if you have internet service that exceeds 100mbps downstream? Like 200mbps or 300 mbps?

If the prices are close, might as well spend more to get this one and have a future proof modem should you want to increase your speeds in the future, or if Google Fiber enters your area. But, if you're running 20-50mbps, you're not going to notice anything.

Back up, deal dead.

donsanedrin said:   I always hear that these surfboard modems are the best for Time Warner and Comcast. However, aren't these 16 channel modems only useful if you have internet service that exceeds 100mbps downstream? Like 200mbps or 300 mbps?

If the prices are close, might as well spend more to get this one and have a future proof modem should you want to increase your speeds in the future, or if Google Fiber enters your area. But, if you're running 20-50mbps, you're not going to notice anything.

Unless you're getting service over 100Mbps, there's no benefit to the 6183 vs the 6140.  That said, with the pace that speeds are increasing (Charter basically won't sell any new service below 60Mbps, and the default is moving toward toward 100Mbps pretty quickly), some degree of future proofing makes sense. 

Note that these modems won't help you with Google Fiber - they only work with cable company internet service.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017