This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I bought one of these contraptions about ten days ago and can tell you:  This WindTunnel 2 vacuum cleaner REALLY SUCKS!!  I was transfixed watching this darn thing clean my carpets, sucking out more dust and dirt than I could imagine.  I was like, where the heck did all that dirt come from!!

Anyway, they are on sale again now.  You have to use the coupon code

SUMMERSALE16

Shipping is free.  They are shipped from Ohio via FedEx, not from China or anywhere else overseas as too often is the case for these Hoovers.  Mine arrived very quickly, however:

Hoover did not give me a tracking number.  That is about the only negative aspect I can report regarding my purchase.  Everything else was amazing.

Link to WT2 sale 

Addendum:

In the spirit of "some people are never satisfied", I realize certain individuals do not believe a vacuum cleaner as good as the WT2 can be had for only $55.  OK, I aim to please.  If you want to spend extra, a whole array of Hoovers is on sale, offering you the opportunity more readily to lighten your wallet.  They will not clean any better than the $55 WT2 IMO, but you will have the satisfaction of knowing your wallet is thinner:

Link to all the sales 

Whichever way you decide to go, have fun.  These vacuum cleaners are really amazing for the money!  

Member Summary

Hoover WT2
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks a lot OP!! Just moved and looking for a good but not overpriced vaccum machine. This one looks very good to me!

Bought this for my wife. She wasn't happy when I told her it was on its way. Very, very fussy when it comes to her cleaning brands and vaccums. She liked it better than her more expensive Dyson which was about $300. The Dyson broke down in less than a year. Hoover still going strong year later. Impressive machine considering the $54 price.

Thanks OP, decided to go with the WT3 Pro Bagless Upright Vacuum, UH70905 instead for $67.99 + tax. If you have pets, the UH70935 is the pet model with a different brush attachment for "pet hair", otherwise identical and is a couple bucks more.

I liked the WT2 UH70805 for the price and the larger canister but didn't like that the roller brush cannot be turned off. Even turning it to bare floors only "lifts" it off the floor but it keeps spinning. I have toddlers, so worried that they might stick their fingers while my back was turned away using the hose.Also, the ON/OFF switch is positioned somewhat lower and awkwardly if you're taller. I like ebing able to to turn the roller brush at the push of a button when I go from carpet to hardwood or if I accidentally catch a cord or something in the roller.

My past experience: Currently have an older WT T-Series UH70210 with the ON/OFF switch positioned up top on the handle and a separate switch to turn the roller brush on/off, it also has a retractable power cord reel ... all these carry over to the UH70905 and I like them all. One complaint I have is that the cup is not as big since they had to accomodate the cord reel, so need to empy more frequently and dirt gets up in to the upper areas but hoping the WT3 cyclonic is better than the WT T-Series in keeping dirt down so that's a non issue.

Ebates has 2.5% CB, searched for Ebates and a direct link is listed for each of the vacuums on sale through SUMMERSALE16

Thanks OP

I appreciate so many positive responses.  Unexpected.  Surprised.  Thanks

Just a further note on my WT2:

Before I bought the vacuum naturally I saw the "high capacity" feature mentioned;  paid no attention;  thought that was just hype.

Well, I was wrong.  The high capacity feature really is an important feature of the WT2.  It is not a feature found on every Hoover bagless vacuum.

A canister having larger capacity means emptying can be less frequent.  That is a good thing.

People can and they DO disagree with this.  But I believe outdoor canister emptying is the only viable option.  And even then be darn watchful of wind direction.  It is summer now where I live, so outdoor emptying is easy and straightforward, a real piece of cake.  But in winter here we can have several feet of snow on the ground.  That will make outdoor emptying more of a challenge.  So I think in winter the high capacity canister will be even more appreciated than it is now.    

shinobi1 said:   I appreciate so many positive responses.  Unexpected.  Surprised.  Thanks

Just a further note on my WT2:

Before I bought the vacuum naturally I saw the "high capacity" feature mentioned;  paid no attention;  thought that was just hype.

Well, I was wrong.  The high capacity feature really is an important feature of the WT2.  It is not a feature found on every Hoover bagless vacuum.

A canister having larger capacity means emptying can be less frequent.  That is a good thing.

People can and they DO disagree with this.  But I believe outdoor canister emptying is the only viable option.  And even then be darn watchful of wind direction.  It is summer now where I live, so outdoor emptying is easy and straightforward, a real piece of cake.  But in winter here we can have several feet of snow on the ground.  That will make outdoor emptying more of a challenge.  So I think in winter the high capacity canister will be even more appreciated than it is now.    

Completely agree as I have an older WindTunnel with a small canister and my main gripe is that it should be bigger.

My tip: I empty mine in the kitchen trash can but instead of using the bottom release that dumps everything out in a cloud of dust, I unscrew the canister from the top and tip it in to the trash. Less messy.

How is this compared to the Sprint™ QuickVac Bagless Upright Vacuum - UH20040 ? It was previously on sale at Target for $40 + shipped. I like the turn off roller feature mentioned by avash.

Perfect timing. Just ordered one for my mom. Thanks

voonli said:   How is this compared to the Sprint ™ QuickVac Bagless Upright Vacuum - UH20040 ? It was previously on sale at Target for $40 + shipped. I like the turn off roller feature mentioned by avash.

My wife ordered a hoover with the on/off roller during last years Prime sale.  Most of what ends up on our floor is food.  If the food is not completely dry, you set yourself up for a moldy vac. It is a good idea though. I still prefer to do double duty and sweep with a damp mop. 

We had a Hoover Windtunnel vacuum cleaner for about 9 years. It served us well but it's time to replace with the item featured in this post. Thanks, OP!

in 4 1. got a dyson for home recently, it'll be interesting to see the comparison. one will be demoted to my business.

Nice find OP....I'm in for 2!

Expired now

lazypinkmonkey said:   Expired now
Yes, this particular sale is over.  But this is at least the third sale of its kind in only the past several months.  Apparently Hoover runs this sale every few weeks, at least they have done so recently.

Those wanting a new vacuum cleaner at sale price, but not pressed for time, should keep a "weather eye".  If past is prologue, this sale will be on again long before Black Friday.

One final thought on Hoover purchases, and this is strictly JMHO:

Avoid foreign sellers, even though prices are very low.  Stick with American sources on this one.  Before buying my WT2 direct from Hoover, I did an Amazon deal on a Hoover vacuum.  Without even realizing, I had bought from a China seller!  The vacuum never arrived and I ended up waiting over a month for nothing.  I did not lose money because Amazon made good on the money.  But I lost the opportunity to participate in a Hoover sale similar to the one in the OP (sale came and went while I was waiting on China).  The Hoover sale prices, like in the OP, are very competitive as compared with overseas sellers.  It's better, IMO, to have the vacuum shipped from Ohio and to have the certainty of Hoover warranty and service coverage. 

Received mine today about 10 minutes after my wife vacuumed and I re-vacuumed and could see the carpet lift a bit on the pull it picked up a good amount of extra fiber and dust/dirt.

Not pretty, but is sucks like a champ -- Found a keeper!

Thanks OP

shinobi1 said:   
lazypinkmonkey said:   Expired now
Yes, this particular sale is over.  But this is at least the third sale of its kind in only the past several months.  Apparently Hoover runs this sale every few weeks, at least they have done so recently.

Those wanting a new vacuum cleaner at sale price, but not pressed for time, should keep a "weather eye".  If past is prologue, this sale will be on again long before Black Friday. 

how would i find a similar deal for hoover? (when it pops back up again)
i had given green on this the other day when i bought one. after receiving it just recently, i thought it would be good to buy another for someone.
thanks,

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017