This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

HP - 27" IPS LED HD Monitor - Natural silver
$179.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-27-ips-led-hd-monitor-natural-silver/5029800.p?id=bb5029800&skuId=5029800

Immerse yourself in work or play with this wide 27-inch HP LED HD monitor, which features 178/178 horizontal and vertical viewing angles so you can see the screen from anywhere. This HP LED HD monitor lets you connect both analog and digital devices with VGA and two HDMI inputs increasing its versatility.

Member Summary

HP - 27" IPS LED HD Monitor
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

nutcase said:   https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0199W9UMS
  That's a different model. Look at the bases

Keep in mind that 1920 resolution looks really crappy on any monitor over 23"...

Mulox said:   Keep in mind that 1920 resolution looks really crappy on any monitor over 23"...
  Please explain what you mean by "crappy"

I used an old 32 inch 720p Samsung TV as a computer monitor for over a year and it was sharp as a tack. Movies and internet websites looked great to me.

blueribb said:   
Mulox said:   Keep in mind that 1920 resolution looks really crappy on any monitor over 23"...

I used an old 720p Samsung TV as a computer monitor for over a year and it was sharp as a tack. Movies and internet websites looked great to me.

Were you less than a foot away from the screen?  Crappy is a good description of a 27" screen at less than QHD.  

If you were using it for movies you won't notice much, but reading small print you will.  I considered this one for my office and ended up with an Acer UHD instead -- fair bit more expensive of course and I run it scaled to QHD.

RedWolfe01 said:   
blueribb said:   

I used an old 720p Samsung TV as a computer monitor for over a year and it was sharp as a tack. Movies and internet websites looked great to me.

Were you less than a foot away from the screen?  Crappy is a good description of a 27" screen at less than QHD.  

If you were using it for movies you won't notice much, but reading small print you will.  I considered this one for my office and ended up with an Acer  UHD instead -- fair bit more expensive of course and I run it scaled to QHD.

I don't understand your question. I usually sit about 2 - 3 ft from my 24" Dell monitor and when I was using a 32" 720p Samsung TV, I sat around 4 ft away. The fine print was sharp with no artifacts. The icons were larger than I wanted but with 720p resolution, I expected that. 

I'm looking to buy a 27" IPS monitor soon.  I'm looking at the HP 27" posted by the OP or the AOC I2769VM.  Both can be had for $169 or so right now.
The AOC is 5ms where the HP in the OP is 7ms.
The AOC has MHL port, HP does not.
The AOC has built in speakers, not that I would need them.
Warranty HP 1 year, AOC 3 year.

Right now I'm leaning towards the AOC I2769vm which is $169.99 at Newegg currently, but I was going to have Staples pricematch it, so with the 110% pricematch, it should be around $165 or so from Staples.

Any thoughts between these two 27" IPS monitors?

blueribb said:   
RedWolfe01 said:   
blueribb said:   

If you were using it for movies you won't notice much, but reading small print you will.  I considered this one for my office and ended up with an Acer  UHD instead -- fair bit more expensive of course and I run it scaled to QHD.

I don't understand your question. I usually sit about 2 - 3 ft from my 24" Dell monitor and when I was using a 32" 720p Samsung TV, I sat around 4 ft away. The fine print was sharp with no artifacts. The icons were larger than I wanted but with 720p resolution, I expected that. 

Let us just accept that we have different standards of "sharp" and let it go.    I tried to go backwards from higher resolution at home and it drove me crazy enough to buy a new monitor for work.  (Acer B276HK)  I have a 34" 3440x1440  u3415w ultrawide at home, paired with a 28" in 2560x1440 so I am willing to admit that I am finicky.   I went from 3x 1920x1080 displays, to the ultrawide.  

its not you, its me....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016