• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
​Amazon Tap -- $79.00 + FS at Lowe's

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
tks for sharing.

andystarr08 (Aug. 09, 2016 @ 12:51a) |

Lowes canceled my order with $15 off coupon. lame.

BananaQ (Aug. 23, 2016 @ 10:04p) |

Has anyone actually got one delivered from Lowes yet?  I am still waiting.

humphreydog (Aug. 26, 2016 @ 10:06a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

tks, wanted one of these for a while now. Discover has 5% cashback on home repair stores going as well.

Amazon Echo vs. Dot vs. Tap: What Are the Key Differences?
link

Best Buy matched the price - easier for me because I can pick it up in store.

Nice find. don't forget $15 off $50. Makes it $64

Great deal, thanks for posting.

Tks for the $15 off $50 mention.  $65 is even better and the 5% off from discover.  Had to talk to customer support, but they added it without issue.

Can someone help on the 15 off $50. I tried the codes I found but they are not applying.

I just used google $15 off $50 and a site that generates the codes came right up.  Code worked without issue.

If your looking at the Amazon Tap you might look at this one Amazon Echo   $129.00 today which is $50 off.  Use the 15 off 50 coupon for $114.00.  Amazon reviews Here 
When I checked last night the tap was only available online at Lowes but most all stores had the Echo in stock

Idiocracy, with all these devices, a frictional movie might become a true story.

exmiuwu said:   Idiocracy, with all these devices, a frictional movie might become a true story.
  I had to read this a couple of times before I realized what was bothering me.   LOL   

Saw this on Bed Bath and Beyond as well. It says no coupons allowed, but they generally still honor the coupon on all "exceptions" when you purchase in-store. Might have to check it out later today.

wtjc said:   If your looking at the Amazon Tap you might look at this one Amazon Echo   $129.00 today which is $50 off.  Use the 15 off 50 coupon for $114.00.  Amazon reviews Here 
When I checked last night the tap was only available online at Lowes but most all stores had the Echo in stock

Already have an echo and use it daily.  Wanted one of these for working outside etc.  If they would link them together that would be very Handy.

Got one, found the $15 off generator, it worked. I also got 5% off using my Lowes card for an extra few bucks off.

We have an Echo, have been using it daily since they first came out. We have been wanting a second one, but didn't really want to pay $100 plus.

spdracer5g said:   Got one, found the $15 off generator, it worked. I also got 5% off using my Lowes card for an extra few bucks off.

We have an Echo, have been using it daily since they first came out. We have been wanting a second one, but didn't really want to pay $100 plus.

Been using Echo daily since Prime Day. Took it outside a couple times already. A bit cumbersome with power cord. The Tap was a no brainer for outdoors. The battery is key.

If you want your every bahaviour and utterance ingested and scrutinized by some of the largest and most powerful entities on the planet and then used for their benefit, not for yours, then this is the perfect device for you.
If you want the po po to sniff your line without your knowledge then this is the perfect device for you.
If you want ever hacker in the world to have easy access to your data then is the perfect device for you.

http://www.naturalnews.com/050347_Amazon_Echo_spy_device_Big_Bro... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-glxN0n8ys

If you're good with that then by all means, get one. Just make sure you go in with eyes open. I posted this PSA for those who like to keep their private life private and who are also unaware of the encroachment these devices bring to bear and what they are giving up for the novelty and the perceived convenience.

Thank OP. Just picked up at Best Buy. They price matched with no hassle and got to use some Best Buy reward certificates that were lingering around.

@pushback Same could be said about any Google sponsored android device "ok google", any apple device "siri", any windows mobile device "cortana", the XBOX ONE, Fire TV... I mean, the list goes on. Really anyone who wants your info or browsing habits probably already has it. If you want to protect yourself, live under a rock. Just make sure you have that rock in the middle of an island away from any sovereign nation.

Good deal posted for those of us with a sensible understand of "personal" information exchange.

pushback said:   If you want your every bahaviour and utterance ingested and scrutinized by some of the largest and most powerful entities on the planet and then used for their benefit, not for yours, then this is the perfect device for you.
If you want the po po to sniff your line without your knowledge then this is the perfect device for you.
If you want ever hacker in the world to have easy access to your data then is the perfect device for you.

http://www.naturalnews.com/050347_Amazon_Echo_spy_device_Big_Bro... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-glxN0n8ys

If you're good with that then by all means, get one. Just make sure you go in with eyes open. I posted this PSA for those who like to keep their private life private and who are also unaware of the encroachment these devices bring to bear and what they are giving up for the novelty and the perceived convenience.

How is this device any more susceptible to eavesdropping than the smartphones we all carry everywhere we go already? You have multiple cameras, microphones and light sensors on just about every current smartphone, but people worry about devices that are specialty devices. You are already carrying a device that would give far more access to your private life, but you worry about this one.

For those who doesn't know, naturalnews is run the self described "health ranger" aka Mike Adam, a conspiratorial nut case who threaten the life of scientists that published a site with name and home addresses of scientist and encouraged people to "take them out".

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/07/28/fbi-turns-up-h...

I had one of these for about 3 weeks and sent it back. Really stupid device. Sound quality was terrible, I have quite a few bluetooth speakers. I have two dots and a full size Echo. I don't understand why Amazon doesn't make more dots! The demand was very high and I want one more.

65 bucks is dirt cheap for this device. Good Find

The only thing I dislike about the Tap is when using the Amazon protective case, you can not use the charging base.

I just bought the Amazon Echo at Lowe's with the $15 coupon and with my Discover card, so my final price is something like $118.73

What concerns me is how its on special at Best Buy, Lowe's and Bed Bath & Beyond at the same time.

Are they going to update the hardware on this thing? You would imagine that since its cloud-based, there shouldn't be any reason to update it, unless they're going to improve the speakers or something like that.

nice deal ,thanks for sharing

exmiuwu said:   Idiocracy, with all these devices, a frictional movie might become a true story.
  Love those old XXX 'frictional' movies

wtjc said:   
  I had to read this a couple of times before I realized what was bothering me.   LOL   

Did it rub you the wrong way?

I get the Echo (have two).  I get the Dot (have one).  I don't get the Tap.  Other than a bluetooth speaker, the lack of handsfree voice control seems kind of lacking.

machinez said:   
spdracer5g said:   Got one, found the $15 off generator, it worked. I also got 5% off using my Lowes card for an extra few bucks off.

Thats strange, everytime I use ANY coupon code whatsoever at Lowes, the Lowes credit card 5% off is automatically dropped. And cashiers have also told me that as well.

tks for sharing.

Lowes canceled my order with $15 off coupon. lame.

Has anyone actually got one delivered from Lowes yet?  I am still waiting.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017