Chamberlain Ultra-Quiet 3/4 HP Smartphone-Controlled Wi-Fi Belt Drive Garage Door Opener w/ $214.99 FS @ HomeDepot

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.homedepot.com/SpecialBuy/SpecialBuyOfTheDay

• Control your opener from anywhere with your smartphone
  • A quiet "whisper" drive offers the ultimate in noise reduction
  • 3/4 HPS motor for frequent use
  • MyQ smartphone control with built-in Wi-Fi
  • Ultra-quiet whisper drive
  • Powerful 3/4 HPS motor
  • Wall control panel with motion sensing light switch
  • Certain vehicle makes/models may require a compatibility bridge device to operate your garage door opener via the HomeLink buttons
  • Two 3-button remotes
  • Wireless keypad

Member Summary

chamberlain
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks for the info, I have my patch panel for the ethernet in the garage, so I could hardwire it with no issues. Some p... (more)

Dilbertic (Aug. 11, 2016 @ 8:47p) |

Should be easy enough.... as long as the garage openers use the same type remote signal.  For the types I'm familiar wit... (more)

Danzilla (Aug. 11, 2016 @ 9:03p) |

I bought the 1.25 HPS model and found a local installer to R&R it, thanks for the info people

Dil

Dilbertic (Aug. 12, 2016 @ 6:52p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have one and it has malfunctioned twice in less than a year, if you use your smartphone to open it when you are away from the house and it it doesn't close you are out of luck. i would never get one of these again, buyer beware.

Just bought this a couple of months ago when Lowes had a similar sale. After 10% coupon it was ~ 200. check if Lowes will pricematch.

note for 7 foot garage doors

the 8 foot door requires a retro kit, which is 60 bucks.

Wads

philipcoxirrific said:   I have one and it has malfunctioned twice in less than a year, if you use your smartphone to open it when you are away from the house and it it doesn't close you are out of luck. i would never get one of these again, buyer beware.
  What if you don't use it with the smartphone function?  Did the whole drive perform poorly or was it just the smartphone feature that did not work?

Wads said:   note for 7 foot garage doors

the 8 foot door requires a retro kit, which is 60 bucks.

Wads

Showing $47.99+tax for me in Cumming, GA.  Just fyi

I would also add that the reviews for this extension are not all glowing.  People are understandably frustrated that paying an extra $50 to get another 12" of drive is a rip-off.  I tend to agree and I don't see too many 7 foot garage doors around here.

How does Chamberlain compare Sears Craftsman openers?

2cheap2eat said:   How does Chamberlain compare Sears Craftsman openers?
  Some of the models share the same equipment. 

I have a 3 car garage w/ 2 garage doors. Can I use one remote for both openers i.e. different buttons on the same remote operate the diff. openers?

Sure, that' what I did.  And when I bought it they included a light switch & that works on the 3rd button.

I set it up so that it will close after 5 minutes of no activity & have it notify me every time the door is opened.

I have a single large garage door ( 2 car ) and I currently have a 3/4 HP I am guessing screw drive. I am looking for a newer one that has a battery backup on it, not to worried about all the internet application and stuff but if it comes with it whatever. Can anyone suggest one, since the one listed here doesn't have the battery backup and the one that does from this company is a 1.25 HP which seems a bit of over kill. Also whats the better opener type, chain, screw, belt ???

Thanks,

Dil

Sears had this for under 200.00 ( Linky )

I have 2 of these. They work great, and the WiFi unit will control my 3rd lift master also.

They work just fine on my 8' doors. You just need to remove the stop screw to let it travel a little farther. There is enough track without having to buy anything extra.

https://s10.postimg.org/iksy7u189/20160809_062754_HDR.jpg

How difficult is the installation?

philipcoxirrific said:   I have one and it has malfunctioned twice in less than a year, if you use your smartphone to open it when you are away from the house and it it doesn't close you are out of luck. i would never get one of these again, buyer beware.

The initial setup with MyQ is hit or miss. Even if you follow the instructions verbatim, it may not work right. If you look on AMZ reviews for MyQ, it's a common problem.

If it doesn't work right, you have to completely start over setup. Delete the device from MyQ and re-add. I followed some tips from AMZ reviews of MyQ which mentioned this, but every time I had to initialize setup again, I also changed the name of the opener to start fresh and not deal with whatever funky MyQ settings were causing a problem. I repeated the SAME EXACT STEPS (and felt like I was losing my mind) deleting and re-setting up the device about 20 times and for whatever reason, it finally set up correctly and it has worked perfectly ever since. Once it is set up properly, you never need to go through that setup mess again even if you lose power. For as frustrating as this was, the frustration was worth it. 

The app gives instant push and/or email alerts, and I love this thing. 

Home depot has both of these, but not sure which one to get ( both seem to have wifi access 199.00 vs 228.00 )
WD850KEVG
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Chamberlain-1-HP-Belt-Drive-Garage-Do...

or
HD950WF 

I have the Craftsman version and love it.  Phone app has never malfunctioned. 

I've had over a year, I got a Costco package including a few extra bells and whistles, but love the wifi app, saved my bacon a couple times. Mine has battery back up as well. The belt drive is VERY quiet, works nice if you have bedrooms over the garage.

Dilbertic, one link is bad, but the second one has battery backup.

Chamberlain 1 HP Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with MyQ Technology and Free Gateway-WD850KEVG - The Home Depot
Disclaimer
Hi I updated the link the 1st one is the one I wanted everyone to take a look at it, has a couple different features like motion and stuff, here is the link again

Linky 

compare linky

looks like biggest difference is more expensive unit is higher HP rating, and builtin wifi, instead of using the gateway. Gateway is small box that connects to your router. The MyQ adapter Communicates with opener head, by wireless, but the adapter is hardwired into your network.

More expensive unit seems to have wifi compatability built in directly, to operate on your existing wifi network.

Thanks for the info, I have my patch panel for the ethernet in the garage, so I could hardwire it with no issues. Some people have complained about the HP rating on the 1 1/4HP unit saying it's really not that size. I do like the digital controller on the 1 1/4 system.

Thanks

Dil

johnstonjr said:   I have a 3 car garage w/ 2 garage doors. Can I use one remote for both openers i.e. different buttons on the same remote operate the diff. openers?
Should be easy enough.... as long as the garage openers use the same type remote signal.  For the types I'm familiar with, the remotes are pre-set and the garage openers learn the signal from them before use.  So you just have to program each opener to a different button.
Even if not, you can get an aftermarket 'universal' remote that should do the trick even if you have different brand openers.

I bought the 1.25 HPS model and found a local installer to R&R it, thanks for the info people

Dil

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017