Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart 1000-Watt $69.99 at amazon.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart 1000-Watt $69.99 at amazon.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart 1000-Watt
$69.99
https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-IP-LUX60-Programmable-1000-Watt/dp/B0073GIN08

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just ordered one, excited to give it a try making some jambalaya.

I love my instant pot. I have this model. One word of warning. Always make sure the sealing ring inside the lid is on right. I made this mistake once and had a mess all over the kitchen counter
when the pot overflowed. This is a good deal but the next model up for $69.99 on prime day was an awesome deal. Bought one for my son. That was then, this is now, no going back.

Just for information

The LUX series has one pressure level, the DOU has two pressure levels. Most people only need one, but some people may want the choice. The DUO series goes on sale periodically, too.

While I still am not sold on the long term reliability of electric models, the Instant pot is better quality build than the PowerXL you see on TV. The only benefit to power xl is that it can also be purchaced in larger capacities. Remember REAL WORLD use capacity is NOT 6QT. That is the size of the pot. In the real world, you should only fill it 2/3 or 3/4 full. When the company misleadingly shows it full on TV, that says a lot about it's integrity and the veracity of it's claims. Instpot does not try to mislead you.

NEITHER of the big names should be used for canning, even though powerxl tells you you can, and they reach the same number of "millibars" as the XL. It CAN be done. It can physically work. But isn't to the same food safety level as what is recommended as "safe"

dafish said:   This is a good deal but the next model up for $69.99 on prime day was an awesome deal. Bought one for my son. That was then, this is now, no going back.
I got the 6qt rual pressure 7-in-1 IP-DUO60 for $49.99 on prime day by using the $10 + $10 prime now app promo. But, like you said, there's no going back.

harrisonh said:   ...The only benefit to power xl is that it can also be purchaced in larger capacities. Remember REAL WORLD use capacity is NOT 6QT. That is the size of the pot. In the real world, you should only fill it 2/3 or 3/4 full...

NEITHER of the big names should be used for canning, even though powerxl tells you you can, and they reach the same number of "millibars" as the XL. It CAN be done. It can physically work. But isn't to the same food safety level as what is recommended as "safe"

FYI: Instant Pot now makes a dual 8qt model (IP-DUO80)

Here's what IP had to say about canning in the Q&A: "There are two types of canning: boiling-water canning at 100C/212F (for acid fruits, tomatoes, pickles and jellied products) and pressure canning at 115~121C/240~250F (for low acid vegetables, meat and poultry). Please refer to "USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning" for more details.Instant Pot can be used for boiling-water canning. However, Instant Pot has not been tested for food safety in pressure canning by USDA. Due to the fact that programs in Instant Pot IP-CSG, IP-LUX and IP-DUO series are regulated by a pressure sensor instead of a thermometer, the elevation of your location may affect the actual cooking temperature. For now, we wouldn't recommend using Instant Pot for pressure canning purpose. Please note this correction to our early inaccurate information. see lessBy Instant Pot ( on January 6, 2014)"

Usually we add extra water in manual pressure cookers. I have to dry the water out by cooking uncovered for few minutes. Can you do this with this pressure cooker?

king0fSpades said:   Usually we add extra water in manual pressure cookers. I have to dry the water out by cooking uncovered for few minutes. Can you do this with this pressure cooker?
I'm not sure you'd find the need to add extra water in the Instant Pot, it looses almost no water during cooking, including the steam release valve. However, yes, you can use it with the lid off (e.g., keep warm or saute modes) for extended periods to reduce liquids if you choose (e.g., the pressure cooker requires more liquid to operate than you want in the final Dish and you don't want to lose the nutrients and flavor in the liquid by discarding it).

Any code needed? it shows regular price for me

no any discount?

good news (but bad news for me who bought the 6QT Duo during Prime week). I would have preferred the 8QT. I'm still relatively happy with it on short term usage and liability.

Yes, the Instant pot is more honest than Power XL. My training as a CC and servsafe wouldn't let me do it, but some people can for very short term very cool temporary storage. PowerXL sells it as a big feature, but IP is more honest

Thanks for the heads up about the 8QT!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017