http://www.t-mobile.com/accessories/t-mobile-wi-fi-cellspot-router.html 

Promo Code: WIFI50

Member Summary

cellspot
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Will this work well as a router with the stock firmware, or will I need to flash it?

sold out

Out of stock

Nevermind, I see the post was updated to include the model number, ASUS TM-AC1900 Wireless-AC1900

So it says for me $49.99 with that promo code WIFI50. i tried checking out and it said call to order, unable to order online. Now I've been transferred to tech support, the 3rd person i have talked to so far. And she didn't know they were selling these, instead of paying the $25 deposit and "leasing" them.
Edit: transferred again, back to web and phone sales. they are OOS back ordered more than 3 weeks, can't add any new orders.

dannthemannpirate said:   Will this work well as a router with the stock firmware, or will I need to flash it?

Apparently this works pretty well stock, but T-Mobile has been slow to update their firmware compared with the frequency of Asus. If you want to flash it to Asus or other firmware, there is a fairly complicated process to follow to not brick the router, but I was able to do it. There is a LONG thread over at a slippery (slick) deals site of people buying this router from TMO for months already. If the router T-Mobile firmware is one of the latest, it's completely locked and there is no way to flash it to non T-Mobile firmware. Most people were getting earlier firmware though that have been buying and flashing this, so a little bit of a gamble if that is what you're after.

call to order? will they honor the price?

I have been using two of these (stock) and they are pretty awesome. The first one is connected directly to FIOS, thus eliminating the need to use the Verizon Gateway (saving $10/month rent) and the second one is cascaded through the first as a OpenVPN router thus encrypting all the traffic. Couldn't have been happier. Definitely a hot deal. I paid $99 for the router last month for one and the other one is leased without charge from Tmob.

Get em while you can!

zmmnj said:   call to order? will they honor the price?
  did you read my post? I spent 30 mins on the phone with them.

The person I talked to wasnt willing to even order it. I do have the SKU which would make your life easier if it does come back into stock.

SKU 214637642

Grimace94 said:   

Really?  I just ordered (another) one via phone support, even though I didn't need it. Apparantly they have just received a new batch of these routers and this promo code applies to those. (I know this because I was also trying to get them to match this price to the one I bought 20 days ago for $99, but was told that this code only applies to the new batch, I have to reorder and return the earlier one for refund)   Not expired, try again

You can flash stock asus firmware or merlin even if you're on latest tmobile firmware, just a different way to get it in recovery mode,i just did it to mine 2 days ago.

Euklid81 said:   You can flash stock asus firmware or merlin even if you're on latest tmobile firmware, just a different way to get it in recovery mode,i just did it to mine 2 days ago.
  Hi,
Could you share how to flash it with merlin firmware step by step.

Thanks

starlights said:   
Grimace94 said:   

Really?  I just ordered (another) one via phone support, even though I didn't need it. Apparantly they have just received a new batch of these routers and this promo code applies to those. (I know this because I was also trying to get them to match this price to the one I bought 20 days ago for $99, but was told that this code only applies to the new batch, I have to reorder and return the earlier one for refund)   Not expired, try again

What department did you ask to speak to?

starlights said:   
Grimace94 said:   

Could you tell me what phone number you used to call? I tried 1-877-413-5903   but they didn't know how to place order, they told me to go to the store to buy it.  

I will update from work tomorrow - left it on my desk - I originally called the 611 Tmob CS # to get my earlier order of $99 price adjusted. The CS transferred me to the accessories dept. I managed to get the price of my earlier order adjusted down to $49.99 from 99.99. Before hanging up I asked them for their direct #. Will update this thread tomorrow with the # they gave me. GL to all.

EDIT: The TMob  number I called is : 1 800-672-5390

starlights said:   
Grimace94 said:   

i would be interested to see if you actually receive it. the final person i spoke to said they are on back order over 3 weeks, and thats why he couldnt enter another order. the reason being, its highly unlikely they will be able to fulfill all those orders.

Grimace94 said:   
starlights said:   
Grimace94 said:   

i would be interested to see if you actually receive it. the final person i spoke to said they are on back order over 3 weeks, and thats why he couldnt enter another order. the reason being, its highly unlikely they will be able to fulfill all those orders.

Got a shipping confirmation mail today.    I believe some others from SD also managed to get in on the deal before these went out of stock.
Additionally, got a call back from Tmob rep telling me that $50 have been credited back to my earlier purchase of the same router at $99 (purchased about 20 days ago)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017