This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Sony PlayStation Plus 1 Year Membership Subscription Card - NEW! $38.99 at ebay.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Sony PlayStation Plus 1 Year Membership Subscription Card - NEW!
$38.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-Plus-1-Year-Membership-Subscription-Card-NEW-/121345728193


Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Bought one from Newegg for $35.99 using promo code EMCEMFH37. Not sure why Newegg is charging tax. Amazon, BestBuy, WalMartTarget, etc., don't charge tax for this item.

FatWKing said:   Not sure why Newegg is charging tax. Amazon, BestBuy, WalMartTarget, etc., don't charge tax for this item.
  
Newegg does not "charge" tax since Newegg is not a government entity.  

If Newegg collects tax (because they are required to given they have facilities in your state)  that has nothing to do with "Newegg" themselves. 

respdoc said:   
FatWKing said:   Not sure why Newegg is charging tax. Amazon, BestBuy, WalMartTarget, etc., don't charge tax for this item.
  
Newegg does not "charge" tax since Newegg is not a government entity.  

If Newegg collects tax (because they are required to given they have facilities in your state)  that has nothing to do with "Newegg " themselves. 

  Did you read my post carefully? All other major retailers are not charging tax for this item. This is "like" a Sony gift card. This is a non-taxable item. It doesn't have anything to do with where I live and whether Newegg has a warehouse there.

FatWKing said:     Did you read my post carefully? All other major retailers are not charging tax for this item. This is "like" a Sony gift card. This is a non-taxable item. It doesn't have anything to do with where I live and whether Newegg has a warehouse there.
  
Did you read mine ? Regulations can vary from state to state.  If you think Newegg is incorrectly collecting tax on this item for you....contact them...since debating it on a deal-finding site won't change it.

respdoc said:   
FatWKing said:     Did you read my post carefully? All other major retailers are not charging tax for this item. This is "like" a Sony gift card. This is a non-taxable item. It doesn't have anything to do with where I live and whether Newegg has a warehouse there.
  
Did you read mine ? Regulations can vary from state to state.  If you think Newegg is incorrectly collecting tax on this item for you....contact them...since debating it on a deal-finding site won't change it.

  I read yours. I already sent Newegg an email. If there is a state specific regulation, it should apply to all retailers for the item in question.

I posted that info here to inform others, get feedback, and not for debate.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017