This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

picture
Disclaimer
I was looking for a dual OS tablet and found this..

Chuwi Hi8 Pro Tablet PC Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 64bit Quad Core 1.44GHz 8 inch WUXGA IPS Screen 32GB ROM Cameras OTG  -  WINDOWS 10+ANDROID 5.1  WHITE

http://www.everbuying.net/product1158593.html
There is a coupon that brings the price down to $80 (Coupon Code : MM-Hi8pro )
And if you register a new account, you get $2 in EB points which you can apply on this order bringing the total down to $78

Main Features:
CPU: Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 ( Intel Atom-X5 Z8300 ) 64bit Quad Core 1.44GHz, up to 1.84GHz is equipped with better performance, delivering plenty of power for multitasking and fueling casual games and movies
GPU: Intel HD Graphic Gen8 processor is better and faster in playing games and watching videos than the previous generation
RAM + ROM: 2GB + 32GB offers ultra-fast surfing online, video playing and 3D gaming experience enhanced with DDR3L memory which makes all applications faster. Whether it is needed for work, study or play, it will suit your all needs 
TF card: Up to 128GB (not included)
Windows 10 32bit system: The latest system with more excellent interface, compatibility and running effect
8 inch screen: 1920 x 1200 WUXGA IPS screen offers good experience for watching videos and browsing the Web
4000mAh battery: Can meet the current, power and the temperature and increase the performance dynamically 
Bluetooth 4.0: Supports fast transmission of data, pictures and files, and more faster than Bluetooth 3.0 
HDMI output: You could use a HDMI cable to connect your tablet to output the tablet display onto TV screens, monitors or projectors, creating your personal home theater
Type-C: Two-way plug Type-C slot, about 8.3mm x 2.5mm dimension, bringing much more conveniences to connect USB slot
OTG function: Can connect with keyboard, mouse, projector and so on
Gravity sensing system: Can fluently and sensitively run various applications
Other functions: WiFi/MP3/MP4/Calendar/Calculator supported
Specification:
Basic Information

• Brand: CHUWI
  • Type: Tablet PC
  • CPU Brand: Intel
  • CPU: Cherry Trail Z8300
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphic(Gen8)
  • Core: 1.44GHz,Quad Core
  • Optional Version: Windows 10 + Android 5.1 Version, Windows 10 Version

Storage

• RAM: 2GB
  • ROM: 32GB
  • External Memory: TF card up to 128GB (not included)

Network

• Support Network: WiFi
  • WIFI: 802.11b/g/n wireless internet
  • Bluetooth: Yes

Display

• Screen type: Capacitive (10-Point),IPS
  • Screen size: 8 inch
  • Screen resolution: 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA)

Camera

• Camera type: Dual cameras (one front one back)
  • Back camera: 2.0MP
  • Front camera: 2.0MP
  • Video recording: Yes

Connectivity

• TF card slot: Yes
  • Type-C: Yes
  • Micro HDMI: Yes
  • 3.5mm Headphone Jack: Yes

General

• Battery Capacity(mAh): 4000mAh
  • Battery / Run Time (up to): 3 hours video playing time
  • AC adapter: 100-240V 5V 2A
  • G-sensor: Supported
  • Youtube: Supported
  • Speaker: Supported
  • MIC: Supported

Media Formats

• Picture format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,JPG,PNG
  • Music format: AAC,ACC,AMR,FLAC,M4A,MP3,OGG,WAV,WMA
  • Video format: 3GP,AVI,M4V,MKV,MP4,MPEG4,WEBM
  • MS Office format: Excel,PPT,Word
  • E-book format: DOC,EPUB,FB2,HTML,PDF,TXT
  • 3D Games: Supported

Languages

• Pre-installed Language: Windows OS supports Chinese and cutomers can download multiple languages by connecting WiFi

Additional Features

• Additional Features: Alarm,Bluetooth,Browser,Calculator,Calendar,E-book,Gravity Sensing System,HDMI,MP3,MP4,Wi-Fi

Dimensions

• Product size: 21.12 x 12.32 x 0.93 cm / 8.31 x 4.85 x 0.37 inches
  • Package size: 25.00 x 16.00 x 5.50 cm / 9.84 x 6.3 x 2.17 inches
  • Product weight: 0.350 kg
  • Package weight: 0.700 kg

Package Contents  

• Tablet PC: 1
  • Charger: 1
  • USB Cable: 1

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

buying fron these china places,,GearBest etc,,read the reviews,i did and bought local ....your rolling the dice if you buy from them...

In-depth review of the Hi8.  Reviewer notes: single speaker and no HDMI port. Perhaps the model for sale now is a newer version.

Buckmann said:   In-depth review of the Hi8.  Reviewer notes: single speaker and no HDMI port. Perhaps the model for sale now is a newer version.
You are correct: Your linked review is for the Hi8, while this deal is for the Hi8 Pro, which apparently does have a mini HDMI port.

As for the speaker, I can't speak for certain, but I can't see where they would have been able to improve that much. Based on my experience with the original Hi8 -- I've had mine for a year or so now, and aside from some odd Device Manager glitches that came up when I upgraded it to Windows 10, it runs quite nicely -- I wouldn't buy this expecting the built-in sound to be anything more than for basic utility.  It's really anemic.

tgersinthewhhouse said:   buying fron these china places,,GearBest etc,,read the reviews,i did and bought local ....your rolling the dice if you buy from them...
Agreed that if you have a choice between this and local, and the prices are the same, you should go for local, if for no other reason than you can expect shipping from GearBest to take a month or so.

When I picked up my Hi8 (non-pro), I wound up going local for the device itself, and GearBest for the keyboard case designed for it. The case was shipped China Post, and took well over a month to arrive.  I've since picked up one or two other odds-n-ends from there, and have had similar results.  But, on the bright side, outside of the crazy-long shipping times, I've had no problems with them.  Orders have been filled accurately, and the stuff I've received has been good quality.

I have always received whatever I ordered fro these sites. They ship it with a tracking number which you can track on usps for later stages. Once I had an issue with a drone, made a small video of the issue and they issued me a refund without asking me to refund it.
I understand the time it takes to get the items fro China and all that but I have had better customer service from these guys than the local $hit buy which concentrates on robbing all the tourists we get here.

pepperminty said:   I have always received whatever I ordered fro these sites. They ship it with a tracking number which you can track on usps for later stages. Once I had an issue with a drone, made a small video of the issue and they issued me a refund without asking me to refund it.
I understand the time it takes to get the items fro China and all that but I have had better customer service from these guys than the local $hit buy which concentrates on robbing all the tourists we get here.

+1  Took them 3 months back and forth conversation, finally they did refund my money.

I had this tablet for a while, but ultimately returned it. Battery life is horrendous. Even lost charge when I had it plugged into the wall. You spend more time charging this than you do using it. The display is gorgeous, but the rest of the components don't allow you to do much at all.

actives said:   I had this tablet for a while, but ultimately returned it. Battery life is horrendous. Even lost charge when I had it plugged into the wall. You spend more time charging this than you do using it. The display is gorgeous, but the rest of the components don't allow you to do much at all.
  This specific model? Any other such battery reports? 

abhisurf said:   
actives said:   I had this tablet for a while, but ultimately returned it. Battery life is horrendous. Even lost charge when I had it plugged into the wall. You spend more time charging this than you do using it. The display is gorgeous, but the rest of the components don't allow you to do much at all.
  This specific model? Any other such battery reports? 

While not nearly as bad as what actives experienced -- I have to think that they experienced some sort of failure on that one -- I do have to agree that battery life on these is the biggest sticking point.  It's notoriously poor.  On my non-Pro, I usually get a little under four hours of light-to-moderate use on the Windows side, and a little over four hours on the Android side, which is adequate for what I used it for, but terrible compared to most other tablets out there nowadays.

Battery capacity is unchanged between the Hi8 and Hi8 Pro (4000mAh), and while they have the CPU running at a lower(!!!) speed on the Pro, and a mildly more power-efficient chipset, the big power sink is that 1920x1200 screen used on both models, so I wouldn't expect that much of an improvement from my Hi8 to the Hi8 Pro.  Benchmarks I'm finding online seem to bear this out.

I have 2 of these. Nice machine but have 2 fatal flaws.

1. Root memory is just 8gb and it's partitioned terribly. As soon as that fills up, which it will after 20 or so apps, windows struggles, android struggles.
2. Battery life is atrocious after a few months. Don't let this device ever lose its charge completely. It will barely boot after that. The last time it did that, it took a few days of charging and boot attempts just to get it running again.

Overheating... it overheats occasionally and the the LCD dims if you run anything needy on the android side (3D games, HD streaming, DJI drones)

Also important to note these units lack GPS.

chewy
Disclaimer
Chuwi

I have the non Pro version of this tablet and it's been great. Recently used it on a 4 hour flight to watch movies. Battery lasted more than 2 hours. I brought along a power pack and was fine. It's speedy and the screen is pretty good too. IMHI well worth the $90 or so regular price. The pro version at $78 is a steal.

CHUWI Hi8 Pro Dual OS Windows10 Android5.1 8 inch 2GB/32GB
Disclaimer
If you don't want to deal with this site, Geekbuying has it for about $8 more.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/CHUWI-Hi8-Pro-Dual-OS-Windows10--...

emmagata said:   If you don't want to deal with this site, Geekbuying has it for about $8 more.

Check your math, thats not $8 difference ($78 vs $96) but a $18 difference and that is significant for a $78 item.

pepperminty said:   
emmagata said:   If you don't want to deal with this site, Geekbuying has it for about $8 more.

Check your math, thats not $8 difference ($78 vs $96) but a $18 difference and that is significant for a $78 item.

It was at the time I posted. The prices on these things can move daily.

It is a cheap Chinese tablet

chenhaoninja said:   It is a cheap Chinese tablet

But it works well. When it breaks in 2 years, buy a new one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017