This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

LG Google Nexus 5X-32GB Factory Unlocked Android 5.2" Smartphone (NEW CUSTOMERS) $229.99 at groupon.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

LG Google Nexus 5X-32GB Factory Unlocked Android 5.2" Smartphone (NEW CUSTOMERS) $229.99 at groupon.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

LG Google Nexus 5X-32GB Factory Unlocked Android 5.2" Smartphone (NEW CUSTOMERS)
$229.99
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-lg-nexus-5x-h790-32gb-gsmcdma-phone

New Groupon Customer get $40 OFF with Promo Code: FIRST

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › LG
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks

Would this work with T-Mobile's 4G LTE network? If so, will it work with wireless tethering on an unlimited plan?

It is possible to get white or carbon, or just carbon?

echecoparcarter said:   Would this work with T-Mobile 's 4G LTE network? If so, will it work with wireless tethering on an unlimited plan?

Yes.

Note: No microSD card slot. Huge design flaw. Probably one of the few Android phones that doesn't support expandable memory.

ArmchairArchitect said:   Note: No microSD card slot. Huge design flaw. Probably one of the few Android phones that doesn't support expandable memory.
  It's not a design flaw.  It's a feature that was not included in this version.  Most of the Android flagships went through a time period where they stopped offering it ... and enough complaining ensued that they brought it back.

silentbob007 said:   
ArmchairArchitect said:   Note: No microSD card slot. Huge design flaw. Probably one of the few Android phones that doesn't support expandable memory.
  It's not a design flaw.  It's a feature that was not included in this version.  Most of the Android flagships went through a time period where they stopped offering it ... and enough complaining ensued that they brought it back.

nexus phones dont have sd card slots.

Be it Nexux tabs, phones or laptops, Google devices don't come with external storage. Their idea is to use the cloud and do away with physical drives.

That's a pretty good deal. Almost half off for the 32GB. Might be a little cheaper when the new Nexus phones come out, but not a lot.

rockymast said:   

Be it Nexux tabs, phones or laptops, Google devices don't come with external storage. Their idea is to use the cloud and do away with physical drives.

And really PI$$ off their users. Along with a battery you can't replace and other quirks I'm amazed that some manufacturers would downgrade a popular phone to save a few bucks. I'm sure their research dept said go for it but the longer us fan persons use devices the more we get set in our ways. I avoid scroogle as much as I can (wow, You Tube gave me a googlepus account that I never asked for).
And for those who refused the Win 10 downgrade, did you notice when the free (?) OS was no longer offered suddenly I got >60 important security upgrades for Win 7, and it's taken over a week to download them and I'm still not finished. Thanks, M$. Old fan person rant over now.

rockymast said:   

Such a load...
Their 'idea' is to force users to buy the more expensive versions with the extra storage costing several times more than it's worth.  Costs them extremely little ($1/ unit?) to include a uSD slot and most users obviously want it. Only real reason not to do it is same as Apple's, to drive profits.  If wireless data were truly ubiquitous and inexpensive it might make sense, but it's not.  Any claims to the contrary as to why are mere excuses. 
If they REALLY wanted everyone to use the cloud, they'd only offer a single model and no premium 64GB version... let alone 128GB (6P).

Not to mention the fact that if you're somewhere without a signal, you have absolutely no access to any of your files. That alone makes it the stupidest thing ever. Screw every person who has ever tried to force the usage of cloud data while completely removing support for the ability to add your own storage, and not having to pay ridiculously huge monthly fees just to have reasonable amounts of storage space. All besides the fact that you also cannot store most app data in the damn cloud..... I really don't understand why they would simply alienate every customer who would otherwise buy their devices if it weren't for that huge, glaring flaw. They will surely lose more money than what they might gain from people paying for cloud service or the phones with more storage. Makes me so angry!

Another thing that kept me away from this phone is that it uses USB-C connector for charging and data transfer...  So you might have to end up buying more stuff if you aren't already on the USB-C standard with another device.

I have had this phone for about a year and have loved it. As noted, the two biggest issues are lack of SD storage and the USBC connector. I purchased several USBC to micro USB adapters inexpensively on eBay and have kept one in a small pocket on the phone case that I have for those times when I am out and need to "borrow" a charger from someone. I usually run between 18GB and 25GB used on my phone, but I offload photos often. I listen to books so am quite often moving files to and from the device and usually these consume 3-5GB of space. It has been a fast, responsive, phone overall and I would not hesitate to recommend purchasing one. I do wish they would add the SD card slot though.

Anybody else get the H791 in their shipment, not the H790 listed in the ad? Going back...

There was actually a technical reason they have avoided the SD slots -not that I agree with it. In later versions of Android they introduced a form of memory pooling with the SD which is great if you have a basic handset and want to add a little capacity. The slower read speeds are not a big deal.

On "flagship" devices that pooling will be a major performance hit if you run enough stuff at the same time. By making you use the much faster flash they can keep it going faster. Even the "new" flagships that have slots specifically DISABLE that function.

I consider a replaceable battery a bigger deal, and here I am with a flagship that has a SD but the battery is not removable. (for "easy" definitions of removable)

ECoaster said:   Another thing that kept me away from this phone is that it uses USB-C connector for charging and data transfer...  So you might have to end up buying more stuff if you aren't already on the USB-C standard with another device.

That USB C is becoming the standard, kinda sucks having to carry the adapters and paying the premium for the cables, but it does charge very fast. 

Opusnbill7 said:   Anybody else get the H791 in their shipment, not the H790 listed in the ad? Going back...
  I got the H791, but it works with Project Fi and that was my main thing. 

I received my order a few days ago. The seal was broken, the box looks old, and it keeps restarting. I am going to return it.

Deal is now 25% off using the FIRST code.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017