This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

OBDII Scanner Code Reader CAN OxGord MS300 OBD2 Scan Professional Tool $13.45 at ebay.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

OBDII Scanner Code Reader CAN OxGord MS300 OBD2 Scan Professional Tool $13.45 at ebay.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

OBDII Scanner Code Reader CAN OxGord MS300 OBD2 Scan Professional Tool
$13.45
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBDII-Scanner-Code-Reader-CAN-OxGord-MS300-OBD2-Scan-Professional-Tool-/400986254369

Member Summary

OBDII Scanner Code Reader CAN OxGord MS300 OBD2 Scan Professional Tool
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

eBay $13.45, free shipping, tax in one state
Amazon $14.95, free shipping (with $35 filler), tax in 28 states

you'd better get a bluetooth adapter with cell phone software. this kind cheap stuff is of very limited use.

qqzj said:   you'd better get a bluetooth adapter with cell phone software. this kind cheap stuff is of very limited use.
  care to explain a bit?

I bought this pos and it didn't work on my car.

governor said:   I bought this pos and it didn't work on my car.
  Funny I bought 3 Bluetooth and found those as POS.

I bought this one (OP post) and I love it!

governor said:   I bought this pos and it didn't work on my car.
  Many car manufacturers use proprietary codes that regular scanners can't use. Still. this should read at least some codes on all cars sold in the US since 1996.

knickdigger said:   eBay $13.45, free shipping, tax in one state
Amazon $14.95, free shipping (with $35 filler), tax in 28 states

eBay:  on your own
Amazon:  1 year warranty

Bought one of the Bluetooth ones for ~$6 and works fine. My dads old BMW has some issue with the transmission occasionally slipping (IIRC) that results in an error code. Only fix is to replace the whole transmission apparently, and it's not worth it for an error that only pops up 3-4 times a year in a 15 year old car. After getting the dongle connected and setup we cleared the error in just a minute or two. Same thing the local garage charged him $30 for (and the dealer probably a couple hundred).

On another note, using one of the Bluetooth models with a smartphone is a lot easier to deal with IMO, if only based on the 2 line LCD and 2 button interface on this model.  With a smartphone's touchscreen, an app like Torque means you can do more quickly and easier than this model. 

That being said, despite the large # of dongles that work just fine, I've seen a good number of complaints from people that have had problems with theirs.  They're all generic copies of the original ODBII / bluetooth interface chip, the ELM327, and made as cheaply as possible in order to sell them for $5 a pop, so manufacturing defects aren't uncommon.  Though to some extent that can be true of most any mass produced inexpensive electronics these days.

PS.  Is this even a hot deal?  Aren't the inexpensive ones like this usually around $14-$15 anyway??  Besides the one on Amazon a quick looks finds
http://www.ebay.com/itm/U281-OBD-2-Car-Truck-Diagnostic-Engine-S... 
this one for $13.88 and
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EOBD-OBDII-OBD2-Auto-Diagnostic-Scanner-... 
this one for $15.22

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017