• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History

Posted with ToGo

Cricket Wireless - Samsung Galaxy Core Prime 4G LTE with 8GB Memory Prepaid Cell 

Stay connected to friends and family without an annual phone contract with this Cricket Wireless Samsung Galaxy prepaid smartphone. Front and rear cameras let you capture beautiful images, and the Android 4.4 KitKat OS offers easy navigation. Boasting a 4.5-inch touchscreen display, this Cricket Wireless Samsung Galaxy prepaid smartphone offers easy viewing of images and videos.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Certainly a nice price on a legitimate, not tiny, Samsung smartphone, but my wife and I didn't have much success with these.

We each got one a year ago free from MetroPCS (our first smartphones - welcome to the 21st century!). While overall, they did their job, we had a few nagging problems with them:

a) the call quality between the two of us was terrible. Call quality to and from other phones was generally fine. MetroPCS thought the problem was was my wife's phone, but even after swapping it out (and after much troubleshooting), the problem persisted.

b) The button in the lower right corner you press to access all open apps is EXTREMELY unresponsive. There were instances where had to press it a dozen times for it to do anything. Sometimes we'd just give up.

c) It's fairly slow. Surfing the web was generally satisfactory, but it bogged down with more resource-intensive apps. Some games were unplayable.

We recently upgraded to the ZTE Zmax 2 (AT&T pre-paid which I then unlocked for MetroPCS) that has been $60 at BestBuy and it's SO much better. A ton faster, infinitely more responsive (every button works the first time, every time), and the screen is bigger and nicer, though the latter is personal preference. The Samsung 's screen looked plenty good to me and the size was good.

I'm not saying people shouldn't get the Samsung at that price if they need a cheap smartphone, but just wanted to give my experience so people know what to expect with some of its weaknesses.

The zte zmax 2, is a steal, it is in a different category, than samung core prime. Best buy has it at $59.99 every month. But it is the best Samsung you can get for $29.99.. Even the ZTE maven, $29.99 is a better phone, newer hardware, newer android.

the Zmax 2 is on Amazon for $60.

One advantage the Samsung has (besides price) is that it's easier to find good cases and other accessories for it than it is for the Zmax.

Does anyone knows if this phone can be used without activating it? (just web based)

eddierd said:   Does anyone knows if this phone can be used without activating it? (just web based)
  yes it'll work fine via wifi.

Is it compatible with Automobile Blue Tooth?

back to $49.99 now!

8GB anymore is nearly unusable. You will get constant insufficient storage, even with a microSD. Android OS alone is gonna account for nearly half that storage. Just be careful.

Is this or can this be unlocked? I need one for a short overseas travel.

Yes its back to 50/-

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016