Amazon Fire Kids Edition 8GB 7" Wi-Fi Tablet (Assorted Colors) - $69.99 + FS @ Amazon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Fire Kids Edition - Amazon Official Site - Tablet for Kids
Disclaimer
Amazon has the Amazon Fire Kids Edition 8GB 7" Wi-Fi Tablet (Assorted Colors) on sale for $69.99 with free shipping

Rated 4/5 stars based on 9,733 customer reviews. According to Camelcamelcamel, this price is a historic low. Most customers recommend purchasing a microSD card to add more memory to the device. Choose from blue, green, or pink. 

• 1 Year of Unlimited Amazon FreeTime (Access to 10,000 kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, apps, and games)
  • 7" IPS Display
  • Front & rear cameras
  • 8GB Internal Storage (expandable to 128 w/ microSD card)
  • Kid-Proof Case Included
  • Parents can create personalized profiles and choose age-appropriate content
  • 2-Year Worry-Free Guarantee (no questions asked)

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is there an app that will lock the touchscreen and all the buttons while playing video? Could use this for long trips to Disney but my two year old keeps touching the buttons and screen accidentally on an android phone I use for this purpose while holding it watching his movies. The iPad has restrictions built in that do this but is 5x the price.

CognacXO said:   Is there an app that will lock the touchscreen and all the buttons while playing video? Could use this for long trips to Disney but my two year old keeps touching the buttons and screen accidentally on an android phone I use for this purpose while holding it watching his movies. The iPad has restrictions built in that do this but is 5x the price.

I think that with Amazon FreeTime, you can make it so that activities are restricted unless you put in a password. I'm not sure if that means your little one wouldn't be able to use the device at all, but it is a kid-friendly way for them to operate the device. They can touch different characters to see different videos, etc. Amazon Freetime is included for one year with purchase. 

Learn more here: https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=12528011011

I hope that helps!

You might want to pick up two refurbished "normal" Kindles for a hair less. No bumper guard though.

Redbeard25 said:   You might want to pick up https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00TSUGXKE/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&mv_color_name=0&mv_configuration=0&mv_digital_storage_capacity=0 for a hair less. No bumper guard though.

Or two-year no-questions-asked warranty! Still a good deal though!

Does this kid tablet have the mode of eye protection?

I love the Free Time App for my kids having age appropriate games and time limits are awesome! It is also fast so my games are fun to play too

Speaking from experience, pay the extra $10 to get 16 GB of built in storage. Even though you can add a micro SD card, the tablet acts wonky if all of the built in storage gets filled up. The Free Time mode on this is awesome.

CognacXO said:   Is there an app that will lock the touchscreen and all the buttons while playing video? Could use this for long trips to Disney but my two year old keeps touching the buttons and screen accidentally on an android phone I use for this purpose while holding it watching his movies. The iPad has restrictions built in that do this but is 5x the price.

MX Player will do this on any Android, and it's a great video player.  In the tools you can set a lock, which makes it so the screen and buttons are disabled unless you click the little lock button to access the menus.  They also have a plug in for Kids Lock which I believe makes you touch the four corners in a combo to unlock the screen and buttons (forget exactly, mine finally grew past the touch every button phase!).  Check it out, it's all free too!

-Svence

You have to sideload Google Play and you can't use Google-downloaded apps on profiles (i.e. Kid Mode). Amazon apps are often abandoned and glitchy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017