• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Newegg is selling stuff on eBay for a lower price than on their website, so they're undermining their own site and giving eBay the commissions. Why?

Maybe they're selling second-rate batches of goods this way, to avoid having the bad reviews show up on their site and "polluting" the reviews for the product?

Notice that you CANNOT leave reviews for Newegg on eBay, unlike for regular sellers!
If Newegg sells nothing but failing products on eBay, nobody will ever know.

Samsung is a good brand for an SSD though.  Could this be a batch with potential issues? Maybe quietly refurbished and sold as new?

Without knowing why they do this, and since eBay deliberately prevents reviews of Newegg, I don't like buying from their eBay site.

For some odd reason, they sold brand new Xbox One S consoles and in 3 or 4 additional games, new in retail copies, for the same price that the console is selling.

When I received the console, it was inside another box that looked like it arrived direct from Microsoft, Newegg just slapped another shipping label and sent it straight to me. And they sent me the free video games in another package.

It was definitely a brand new console. It may be that the quantities were so low that they couldn't put it up on their website, or else it would sell out quickly, and they don't want to have pages that show Unavailable or Out of Stock. So they get rid of them through eBay.

They should come with factory warranties (as far as I can tell on the eBay add--could have missed the "catch" though). Many of us are blind to the fact they MAKE A KILLING OFF THE DRIVE! The margins are not always as tight as we think they are, so there is the possibility they just have a glut to sell since PC sales with SSD are slow.
Most people I work with have no idea what I am talking about when I say SSD drive--it only makes sense when you describe the speed increase potential. Possible they just overproduced because they can.

Hey I appreciate it.

Check your email, you may have a 6% ebuck targeted promotion from eBay. It only valid till midnight PST tonight.

love this deal. its going closer to the 1tb for a $100.

ctgolfer said:   Samsung 750 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-750500BW

It's okay, but not sure a 12% reduction off Newegg price is that big a deal.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016