This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

60W LED 4pk. $2.97 - @ Walmart

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Here they are at  at www.walmart.com for $7.97.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-GVRLA6027ND4-Great-Value-L... 
They had it in my local stote on an Aisle with some 40w' LED bulbs for $7.97. I stepped around the other side and saw the 60w's for $2.97. That's $5 off per box. They are non-dimmable & 800 Lumens.
They scanned for $2.97 at the register. Isn't this HOT????
CLEAN THEM OUT BEFORE THEY CHANGE THE PRICE!!!

Member Summary

On the Aisle
Thanks antikilowatt
Disclaimer

60W 4pk. LED
Thanks antikilowatt
Disclaimer

walmart
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks pretty good, but with them being non-dimmable and me being spoiled by 60c 40W LEDs at Lowes, I think I'll skip these for now.

B&M only, and this is likely a YMMV.

Went to my local wally world, they wouldn't honor the price difference. Dallas, Texas area.

It may very well be just at my local store.
I had an old employee / friend check it and the local scan listed 2.97. They believe the price was set by WalMart Corporate.
Let's wait a bit & see if anyone else confirm the price.

russ0519 said:   Looks pretty good, but with them being non-dimmable and me being spoiled by 60c 40W LEDs at Lowes, I think I'll skip these for now.

Are the 40W still available at that price?  Sounds like a great item to stock up on.

Stocked on 60W non-dimmable last week at ShopRite when they were free AC (or 7c per bulb for tax).

But I need 100w equivalent and dimmable.

russ0519 said:   Looks pretty good, but with them being non-dimmable and me being spoiled by 60c 40W LEDs at Lowes, I think I'll skip these for now.

Never mind - looks like still in stock nearby. Now, does Lowes accept internet coupons? If so, I'll be set!

rsuaver said:   Stocked on 60W non-dimmable last week at ShopRite when they were free AC (or 7c per bulb for tax).

Depending on how much space you have in your lamp, you could do a socket split mod. A light socket splitter costs $1 on eBay, and you can put 2 60w led bulbs into the lamp. This is what I did in my living room.

wizardking said:   
rsuaver said:   Stocked on 60W non-dimmable last week at ShopRite when they were free AC (or 7c per bulb for tax).

Depending on how much space you have in your lamp, you could do a socket split mod. A light socket splitter costs $1 on eBay, and you can put 2 60w led bulbs into the lamp. This is what I did in my living room.

Won't work.  I'll keep looking... They'll go lower in price eventually...

Got that price a week ago in Eastern PA. They're out there. I'm tempted to go and get a few more.

antikilowatt said:   It may very well be just at my local store.
I had an old employee / friend check it and the local scan listed 2.97. They believe the price was set by WalMart Corporate.
Let's wait a bit & see if anyone else confirm the price.

Where is your local store?  These are often subsidized by the local utility company.

My local home depot has an 8-pack; similar specs, for $12, and that's a pretty good deal around here.

Yeah, light bulb prices are almost always subsidized by the local utility so you need to mention the state at a minimum and sometimes the city as prices can vary depending on the local utility.

wizardking said:   

Depending on how much space you have in your lamp, you could do a socket split mod. A light socket splitter costs $1 on eBay, and you can put 2 60w led bulbs into the lamp. This is what I did in my living room.

Do you think a cheap chinese splitter is safe?

Slickone said:   
wizardking said:   

Do you think a cheap chinese splitter is safe?

I'm not an electrician, but since most of those splitters are rated for >100W and we'll be putting something like 15W through it, I think it should be safe. 

Yeah, every time I drive out to Az or CA I stock up when I see cheap bulbs..

I also saw WalMart had 60W GE LED bulbs for $5 for a 2 pack. These are dimmable and the only ones I found that do not buzz. I've tried Philips and Cree, and can't stand the buzz. The GE ones are the only ones that are virtually silent.

ohmic314 said:   I also saw WalMart had 60W GE LED bulbs for $5 for a 2 pack. These are dimmable and the only ones I found that do not buzz. I've tried Philips and Cree, and can't stand the buzz. The GE ones are the only ones that are virtually silent.
  What brand / kind of dimmer are you using? For me, Lutron Maestro C-L dimmers don't cause lamp or dimmer buzzing and can be low-end trimmed so that the dimmer will not dim below the lamp's capability.  

looks good for outside use. i think 60w is just to bright for my tastes.

discoballmusic said:   looks good for outside use. i think 60w is just to bright for my tastes.
  Depends on where you use them.  For me these 60W (800 Lumens) are too dim.

Also in our local 99 cents store, these are 4 for 99 cents.

Looks Great Value LED Light, I like the Great Value brand item.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017