This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

1-Year Sam's Club Plus Membership + $20 Gift Card + Coupons (New Members Only) $45 at samsclub.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

1-Year Sam's Club Plus Membership + $20 Gift Card + Coupons (New Members Only)
$45
https://www3.samsclub.com/best-deals/membership-deals/offer

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I see those items on my Instant Savings list, but with no savings. I do see the Taylor Farms Organic Spring Mix (431710)... (more)

billrubin (Sep. 05, 2016 @ 2:44p) |

Free items should show up in your instant savings within 48 hrs (mine showed up within few hrs) -- take the offer printo... (more)

jatan1986 (Sep. 05, 2016 @ 8:18p) |

Technically this expired on the 5th, but I went to Sam's yesterday and the customer service rep pushed it through and ga... (more)

ufgators2k (Sep. 07, 2016 @ 7:34a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Better offers in this Post 

If renewing, Plus level Sam's members can score a $35 Sam's GC and Savings level members get a $20 Sam's GC when paying with MC.

Mastercard Gift Card Promo

Don't forget the free membership if you have the AMEX offer

JonnyRock said:   Don't forget the free membership if you have the AMEX offer

....Don't forget to post the necessary information/link when you write information saying "Offer X exists"...

ragingwookiee said:   1-Year Sam's Club Plus Membership + $20 Gift Card + Coupons (New Members Only)
$45
https://www3.samsclub.com/best-deals/membership-deals/offer

When is Costco going to offer a deal for a membership?  I have been looking for a deal since my membership expired January 31, 2016...The longer I look, the less I remember why I want a Costco membership at all! 

My membership expired last month. Will I be considered a "new member" for this offer?

Thanks OP! i got it now. Its really impressive.

Not a good sign: I clicked the "Join Now" link in the offer and got a Sam's Club screen telling me, "Your browser is out of date!"

I am running the latest everything: Mac 10.11.6, Chrome 52.0.2743.116, Firefox 48.0

So, never mind.

Yes   I renew with a month gap.. The only thing you might have to use a different email address when ordering online..

mewgirl said:   
JonnyRock said:   Don't forget the free membership if you have the AMEX offer

....Don't forget to post the necessary information/link when you write information saying "Offer X exists"...

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1510375/

UncaMikey said:   Not a good sign: I clicked the "Join Now" link in the offer and got a Sam's Club screen telling me, "Your browser is out of date!"

I am running the latest everything: Mac 10.11.6, Chrome 52.0.2743.116, Firefox 48.0

So, never mind.

Same thing here, with both Chrome and IE

Just signed up but what a hassle. I took the code and email I received after giving them my email addy to my local SAMs. The person at the counter hadn't done one of these before apparently but continued to plug away for 15 mins or so, took my pic for the card and said that will be $80. I said I understood it was supposed to me much less than that she said nope it's definely $80 and I was getting the plus membership that's usually $100 for $80 and I'd get a $20 gift card. I said I didn't want to pay $80 and left. In the car I read the fine print and it was clear $45 is all I should of had to pay. I went back in she called a manger and after another 15mins they straightened it out. She didn't know she was supposed to ring up my sale as a regular membership for $45 and then after I paid she had to upgrade me to the plus for no extra charge. At least that's how it worked at my Sams. I tried to get the free pizza and cookies that day and the cashier told me I had to wait 24hrs to use that benefit. I explained I probably wouldnt be able to make it back to SAMs before my deal expired she called over the same helpful manager who fixed it. At least the $20 gift card worked. I saved a bunch on my groceries so it was worth it in the end but they definitely could make this easier. Very glad I came in when the lines were short so I didn't have a ton of folks waiting behind me, thanks for posting this deal!

UncaMikey said:   Not a good sign: I clicked the "Join Now" link in the offer and got a Sam's Club screen telling me, "Your browser is out of date!"

So, never mind.

Had the same issue with the error message--- thought it was due to either using Internet Explorer, or being late night. [last night]

Tried again with FireFox, and had the same error.

Glad that this isn't isolated, but not exactly happy that Sam's Club can't get their crap together-- if the page is invalid, Sam's Club/WalMart's IT department should fix the error, or remove the page.

MidwestUSDealGuy said:   

So, never mind.

Had the same issue with the error message--- thought it was due to either using Internet Explorer, or being late night. [last night]

Tried again with FireFox, and had the same error.

Glad that this isn't isolated, but not exactly happy that Sam's Club can't get their crap together-- if the page is invalid, Sam's Club /WalMart 's IT department should fix the error, or remove the page.

Took a quick look at the code on page. Looks like they do not actually check for browser version but direct to upgrade page on the "Join Now" button. Maybe an IT problem or they are intentionally directing all requests to "browser update" page due to popular demand

I brought all the paperwork for this deal to SamsClub, and it took a group of 3 employees a half hour to figure out how to transact it properly, even with the step by step instructions, and also tried to charge me $100 instead of $45. Geez SamsClub, get your crap together. With prior deals, they would give you a printed coupon for the free pizza & cookies. Now they said it will be loaded on your card within 72 hours. I asked what the heck that meant. They told me that when checking out with those two items, the cost will automatically be deducted. So, I'll have to make a repeat trip to pick those up.

Loading bonuses to the card is how they did the promos last year. Make sure you watch your item numbers since each variety has its own item number. It did not take a full 72 hrs to load to my card but that was just my experience.

Frugalengineer said:   I brought all the paperwork for this deal to SamsClub, and it took a group of 3 employees a half hour to figure out how to transact it properly, even with the step by step instructions, and also tried to charge me $100 instead of $45. Geez SamsClub, get your crap together. With prior deals, they would give you a printed coupon for the free pizza & cookies. Now they said it will be loaded on your card within 72 hours. I asked what the heck that meant. They told me that when checking out with those two items, the cost will automatically be deducted. So, I'll have to make a repeat trip to pick those up.
  I am a basic member but have recently moved and have utility bills showing my new addy which is in the same town. I gave this a try and it worked but with pretty much the same issues others have encountered. I only had 2 employees helping with one having dealt with this successfully yesterday and was still a long ordeal. Bottom line it worked and paid $45 for a Plus membership.  Will have to keep the paperwork I printed for this deal to be sure I get all the extras. On a side note I almost feel like I could've done this without the addy change because they had my middle name as my given name.

pprogram said:   Loading bonuses to the card is how they did the promos last year. Make sure you watch your item numbers since each variety has its own item number. It did not take a full 72 hrs to load to my card but that was just my experience.

How long does it take for the bonuses to load? It's been 5 days for me now, no sign of them. The fine print on my offer said it could take 14 days, but they only give you 30 days to take advantage of them.

I don't know if you can actually see them. Last year they were on by the next day.  I was asked to checkout at customer service so they could adjust if needed but you should ask your store what to do in order not to make a special trip.

You can see them if you download the Sam's Club app and log in and go to the "Shop" drop down tab and tap "Instant Savings" and tap the "Now" section- there should be the two free items listed (pizza and cookies) at 100% off.

sbrodzik said:   You can see them if you download the Sam's Club app and log in and go to the "Shop" drop down tab and tap "Instant Savings" and tap the "Now" section- there should be the two free items listed (pizza and cookies) at 100% off.
  Thanks for the suggestion, but nope, not there. I've signed in from my desktop and using the app, they seem to show the same standard Instant Savings offers, but not the ones associated with this specific offer. I've emailed Sam's, we'll see what they say.

Amex has a bonus offer $45 statement credit for opening a new membership, I wonder if the deal stacks

Sam's Club website is very frustrating. I signed on this morning to see if my Instant Savings offers had loaded, and now there are 1,189 items! The page will only display 18 at a time, and there is no way to search. Ridiculous.

UncaMikey said:   Sam's Club website is very frustrating. I signed on this morning to see if my Instant Savings offers had loaded, and now there are 1,189 items! The page will only display 18 at a time, and there is no way to search. Ridiculous.
  you hit the jackpot!!!!!!!!!!

pprogram said:   
  LOL, what an optimist! Unfortunately, each page of 18 offers takes a minute to load even on a fast Internet connection, I don't have to patience to scroll through hundreds and hundreds of offers of absolutely no interest to me.

Costco is way better. These guys run an incompetent organization. First, they took my picture for the card but my membership card somebody's else picture. And they repeated this three times. I think their objective was to make sure that I am no longer smiling for the picture and they succeeded. Then they give me the regular card. When I asked about the plus card, they said that it is encoded as a plus membership. Well if it is a plus membership, give me the appropriate card!

Then I asked about pizza etc. They told me to just get the items and the manager will override. So I go to the pizza counter and ask them to make me a veggie take-n-bake while I shopped for few other things. Come back to the pizza counter and the pizza is not ready. The guy simply forgot! BTW - the take and bake looks horrible - the crust is some kind of pre-fabricated disc.

Then I go to the checkout. Obviously, the manager had to come out to do the override. According to him, I should not have been asked to go shop for those free items - those would be loaded on the card in 48 hours. After wasting another 10 minutes of my time, I finally out with the free stuff [actually not 100% free since he charged me $0.01 for each item - this is why class action lawsuit exists - I am fine with $0.01 but I bet some guy will go postal on them and file a class action.

On the whole, happy to have my free goodies but if they had any chance of converting me from Costco to them, it is all flushed down the drain.

[Based on reading other FW posts, looks like the free items were going to post later on the card. Hoping that I can double dip - that would be a good payback for all the stupidity I had to deal with].

I just did it today and it went quite smoothly. I paid $45 with my Amex offers loaded card. I got a plus membership card, a $20 GC, a sheet of useless $100 offers and the promise that my freebies would be loaded to my account within 24 hrs.

My current membership expires 9/8 but I just bought a new membership. There was no mention of a renewal. I was given a new membership card.

pprogram said:   I just did it today and it went quite smoothly. I paid $45 with my Amex offers loaded card. I got a plus membership card, a $20 GC, a sheet of useless $100 offers and the promise that my freebies would be loaded to my account within 24 hrs.

My current membership expires 9/8 but I just bought a new membership. There was no mention of a renewal. I was given a new membership card.

You must be in Arkansas. Can't expect this in CA or NY.

It has been over a week and my freebies are still not loaded yet

pprogram said:   I just did it today and it went quite smoothly. I paid $45 with my Amex offers loaded card. I got a plus membership card, a $20 GC, a sheet of useless $100 offers and the promise that my freebies would be loaded to my account within 24 hrs.

The free items are loaded to my account.  I can see them on the Sams Club app.  My store did the process correctly and I'm not in Arkansas.

That was a tongue in cheek comment where what is meant is opposite to what is said.

serenity22 said:   That was a tongue in cheek comment where what is meant is opposite to what is said.

I know.  Arkansas is the HQ of WMT so I assume they would process it correctly.

Based on my experience, if the freebies are not in your account after a short period of time they probably did not process it correctly.

It's been about 10 days, and the special offers have not been loaded on my card. I wrote Sam's Club an email and they actually answered (!!!) two days later. They said to print out the offer and my receipt and take it to my local store, and they would load the discounts on my card there. They also reminded me that I have only 30 days to use the discounts.

UncaMikey said:   
pprogram said:   Loading bonuses to the card is how they did the promos last year. Make sure you watch your item numbers since each variety has its own item number. It did not take a full 72 hrs to load to my card but that was just my experience.

How long does it take for the bonuses to load? It's been 5 days for me now, no sign of them. The fine print on my offer said it could take 14 days, but they only give you 30 days to take advantage of them.

In my case, they were loaded between the time I activated the membership in the store and the time I actually checked out with a bunch of stuff. So maybe a half hour at most?

I am currently a sams member and my membership wont expire till end of Nov- didnt get add or get a card for my spouse under my membership. Can my spouse sign up for this offer under the same address? We have diff phone number and email. Thanks!

pprogram said:   

The free items are loaded to my account.  I can see them on the Sams Club app.  My store did the process correctly and I'm not in Arkansas.

How do you check for the items being loaded to the account? Is it the long list of offers?

KETAX said:   I am currently a sams member and my membership wont expire till end of Nov- didnt get add or get a card for my spouse under my membership. Can my spouse sign up for this offer under the same address? We have diff phone number and email. Thanks!
 I would wait for another opportunity around then instead of losing 3 months. These promotions do come around.

serenity22 said:   
KETAX said:   I am currently a sams member and my membership wont expire till end of Nov- didnt get add or get a card for my spouse under my membership. Can my spouse sign up for this offer under the same address? We have diff phone number and email. Thanks!
 I would wait for another opportunity around then instead of losing 3 months. These promotions do come around.

True, but not likely when the AMEX offer is in effect.

Has anyone tried joining if they're already a secondary member on someone else's card? Is that considered a new member?

Skipping 5 Messages...
Technically this expired on the 5th, but I went to Sam's yesterday and the customer service rep pushed it through and gave me a $25 GC. With the AMEX $45 credit this is a great deal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017