This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Dell Refurbished 45% off laptop, 40% off desktop plus free ground shipping. dellrefurbished.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
 45% off any Dell Laptop, plus free ground shipping.           40% off any Dell Desktop, plus free ground shipping. Coupon Code: SCHOOLDAY Expires Friday, August 19th 11:59 PM CST      Not valid on extended warranty purchase, while supplies last.          Shipping offer excludes AK & HI, excludes Dell Servers.

Member Summary

dell
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP, got a latitute e5420 i5 processor, 4GB RAM, 500 GB HD for $146.54 total!

Thanks OP, got a desktop for the office for $160.

Says coupon expired when trying to buy cheapest laptop at $180.

These computers are so old, what is the point? spend a little extra and get something worth using. Most of these processors are almost 5 years old! complete junk and a waste of money....

Dell is a sad case when they are taking advantage of the computer literate.

yeah @keaton85, i agree. however i was going to wipe them and install linux then lease them as dedicated servers to the computer literate.

keaton85 said:   These computers are so old, what is the point? spend a little extra and get something worth using. Most of these processors are almost 5 years old! complete junk and a waste of money....

Dell is a sad case when they are taking advantage of the computer literate.

Similar newer models would run hundreds of dollars more. A fully licensed i5 computer for $150 is still a good deal, especially for use cases where someone wants a basic web browser/desktop PC. You won't make money flipping these, but there are some decent deals in there to be had for someone who just wants a basic computer.

gludlow said:   
keaton85 said:   These computers are so old, what is the point? spend a little extra and get something worth using. Most of these processors are almost 5 years old! complete junk and a waste of money....

Dell is a sad case when they are taking advantage of the computer literate.

Similar newer models would run hundreds of dollars more. A fully licensed i5 computer for $150 is still a good deal, especially for use cases where someone wants a basic web browser/desktop PC. You won't make money flipping these, but there are some decent deals in there to be had for someone who just wants a basic computer.

Agreed. A $150 i5 laptop is more than adequate for Windows 7/8/10 for web, office apps, etc., and basically anything except games or maybe software dev, video or graphics work.

Especially if you can snag one with a 1600x900 display for that price-- if there are better offers elsewhere, I'd like to see them.

Also, try ebates for 2.5%... appears to work.

Thanks OP.

thanks, just picked up a E6420 for 148.44.

Got a laptop and a desktop. What a deal.
Thanks OP!

jimbaum said:   Got a laptop and a desktop. What a deal.
Thanks OP!

Someone telling code it not working.
is it working now?

I have been using a Dell E6520 for 3 years, and it was used when I got it. Dropped in a SSD, and 2 x 8GB sticks of ram. It has ran everything I have wanted except high end games. This 5 year old laptop is going strong, and I don't see it stopping any time soon.

Even that isn't an excuse though, I was able to spec 1920x1080 Dell laptops back in the late 1990s. (in 17", true) That is always the issue I have is that the laptop market has dragged behind resolutions forever and only started to make it more standard when Ultrabooks and Surface came out.

I personally think Intel should have required FHD for their Ultrabook minimum but the marketplace fixed that.

Use FATWALLET to get 50% off.

RaoMonger said:   Use FATWALLET to get 50% off.

Thanks OP and RaoMonger!  Just got an E6530 w/ i7 and 8 GB of memory for 320.  Awesome deal in my opinion.

Bought a desktop a few days ago also.  It arrived yesterday and it is in great condition.

These won't be eligible for win 10 upgrade. Correct ??

chaudha42014 said:   These won't be eligible for win 10 upgrade. Correct ??
  If they have a Windows 7 key or if they have Windows 8.x (key baked into BIOS/UEFI), scratch install is still a valid method.  Upgrade from inside of existing OS was technically gone as an option but some searching might find a way to that.  I'd do a scratch install from a Windows 10 install disc/USB to be safe.

I received mine today and ran the diagnostic on the Dell website- it has a bad hard drive. It should be covered by their 100 day limited warranty. I will call them on Monday. Since these are refurbished machines, I suggest everybody that buys one should run diagnostic software to see if there are any problems with the machine.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017