This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Best Buy 50th Anniversary Sale (Starts 11PM ET Tonight)

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

No RSVP Needed: Best Buy Celebrates 50th Anniversary with 50 Deals for 50 Hours | Business Wire
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Best Buy 50th Anniversary Sale (Starts 11PM ET Tonight)

http://www.bestbuy.com 

Read More at: https://corporate.bestbuy.com/no-rsvp-needed-best-buy-celebrates-50-years-with-50-deals-for-50-hours/

Deals included in the Best Buy 50-Hour Anniversary Sale:

• Save $150 on select MacBook Pro computers

• Students can save an additional $150, for a total savings of $300 with Best Buy’s Student Deals program

• Save $400 on a 65-inch Samsung 4K UHD TV
  • Save $180 on Beats Studio wireless on-ear headphones
  • Get an iPhone 6s starting at $1 or an iPhone 6s Plus starting at $99.99 with two-year activation on Sprint or Verizon Wireless (Save $200) – or get a $200 gift card with purchase of iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus and activation with an AT&T Next plan
  • Save up to 70 percent on LEGO Dimensions, Skylanders and amiibo
  • Save $50 on Garmin Vivosmart HR activity tracker
  • Get “Destiny” and your choice of two other select games for free with purchase of the PlayStation 4 “Call of Duty” bundle
  • Get a $50 gift card with purchase of a Swagtron T1 self-balancing scooter(online only)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Looks like the phone itself plus tax will run you about 600 with the 200 off.

drmorb (Aug. 20, 2016 @ 4:52a) |

does anyone have a student code i can use? thanks

mysteryAgain (Aug. 20, 2016 @ 1:27p) |

About the $15/mo ...

I"m off- contract on my vzw plan. Have to stay with Vz for coverage reasons. All I get is $15 off pe... (more)

eurekaa (Aug. 20, 2016 @ 2:12p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'd be interested to know if anyone sees any good laptop deals for a new college student.

snake said:   I'd be interested to know if anyone sees any good laptop deals for a new college student.
  BestBuy.com/StudentDeals

So I'm guessing the Samsung TV will be this one for $899? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-65-class-64-5-diag--led-2160...

Redbeard25 said:   So I'm guessing the Samsung TV will be this one for $899? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-65-class-64-5-diag--led-2160...
  Sale is live, this tv went down to 999.

That's a whole lot of (pre) thread green......for what seems like mostly non-deals compared to many average  "sale" prices.

informative share.thanks.

Great! We are just wait. Thanks OP!!

From the Corporate announcement "Best Buy is turning 50, and to celebrate, we’re throwing a birthday bash for you, our customers. The party kicks off tonight with a 50-hour sale featuring 50 Black Friday-like deals on the latest technology."

Can anyone point out where is the 50 Black Friday-like deals? I see DOTD have better prices than their 50-hour sale.

snake said:   I'd be interested to know if anyone sees any good laptop deals for a new college student
All depends on what makes a good deal.
here is my advice:
What are student's needs?
First year I bought a $550 Toshiba i3 for daughter. Screws fell out and hinges became inoperable (out of warranty). Had NSSI student insurance WITH accidental protection for $80/year... insurance company opted to refund full purchase price instead of repair. I paid $25 deductible. BTW, this coverage is for all their personal belongings not just computer.
Next bought Asus X205 on BF for $99. 12 hour battery life and VERY lightweight. She used this the remaining two years and loved it. Got a BS in geophysics and used the university high power computers when she needed anything more than the lil lappie could manage. 
You are here on FW and probably appreciate that your computer need not be a white fruit brand for general purposes.
​Best advice is get the NSSI student insurance with accidental damage coverage and peace of mind for theft, cracked screens, orange juice spills etc.   

HKSturboKid said:   From the Corporate announcement "Best Buy is turning 50, and to celebrate, we’re throwing a birthday bash for you, our customers. The party kicks off tonight with a 50-hour sale featuring 50 Black Friday-like deals on the latest technology."

Can anyone point out where is the 50 Black Friday-like deals? I see DOTD have better prices than their 50-hour sale.

We actually did a write-up about this exact issue! This went out last night, so it was before the sale went live and is based only on what they announced, but I did some comparisons between last year's Best Buy Black Friday deals and this 50-Hour Anniversary sale. I'm actually in the process of updating it with the released deals right now: http://bit.ly/2bBrMyU

Hope that helps!

snake said:   I'd be interested to know if anyone sees any good laptop deals for a new college student.
  There's this laptop that posted when the sale went live: HP Pavilion 13.3" Touchscreen with Intel i3, 6GB memory, 500GB hard drive for $349.99 (was $499.99). Comes with 6 months of Kaspersky anti-virus, too. It's pretty decent for a starter laptop; I'd just be worried the i3 might not hold up to anything more than word processing and some video streaming. 4.3/5 rating (123 reviews, 86% would recommend). There's a cheaper Dell with less memory but a 1TB hard drive for $249.99 (was $329.99). Also comes with Kaspersky for 6 months. 4.2/5 rating with 363 reviews. Hope that helps your search!

respdoc said:   That's a whole lot of (pre) thread green......for what seems like mostly non-deals compared to many average  "sale" prices.

People sometimes talk about the "FW" effect. This seems more like the "SD" effect.

So this is weird too - they hyped a "65-inch 4K Samsung TV for $400 off." The sale itself is promoting a 60-inch 1080p Samsung TV (with a whopping 2 HDMI inputs.)

HKSturboKid said:   

I'm wondering if this statement is less an endorsement of this particular sale having great deals, and more an indictment of how poor Best Buy's Black Friday sales have been these past few years.

brusbrother said:   
First year I bought a $550 Toshiba i3 for daughter. Screws fell out and hinges became inoperable (out of warranty).

I wanted to iterate that the majority of the screws in all the laptops (Asus, Dell, Toshiba) I own have fallen out, and I have two laptops (Asus and Toshiba) with broken hinges.

psxzombie said:   
  I wanted to iterate that the majority of the screws in all the laptops (Asus, Dell, Toshiba) I own have fallen out

What are you doing with/to your laptops ?

hah, I haven't opened my old Lenovo laptop lid in years. Still mint condition since it's parked away safely as a HTPC over Vizio P50 4k and wireless K/M.

grabbed Fallout 4 on sale for instore pickup. Won't get my xbox S until Tues, putting the cart before the horse.

The iPhone 6S Plus 64GB for $199 (VzW 2-year contract) is pretty much the lowest you can get it for, right? I am out-of-contract on Verizon Wireless (and have to be on Verizon) so this would add $15/mo*24 months over the contract period. So, the phone will cost me $199 + $360 = $559.

eurekaa said:   The iPhone 6S Plus 64GB for $199 (VzW 2-year contract) is pretty much the lowest you can get it for, right? I am out-of-contract on Verizon Wireless (and have to be on Verizon) so this would add $15/mo*24 months over the contract period. So, the phone will cost me $199 + $360 = $559.
How do you get $15/month using your math?

eurekaa said:   The iPhone 6S Plus 64GB for $199 (VzW 2-year contract) is pretty much the lowest you can get it for, right? I am out-of-contract on Verizon Wireless (and have to be on Verizon) so this would add $15/mo*24 months over the contract period. So, the phone will cost me $199 + $360 = $559.
  Looks like the phone itself plus tax will run you about 600 with the 200 off.

does anyone have a student code i can use? thanks

About the $15/mo ...

I"m off- contract on my vzw plan. Have to stay with Vz for coverage reasons. All I get is $15 off per line per month for being off contract. With this $199 phone and contract extension I will go back to $15 more per mo for 2 years. YMMV.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017