This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

BUCK A BAG
Disclaimer
see scan for all items at $1 each. MANY to choose from.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Check the package size on the items. The mushrooms are 6 ounces, which is smaller than your normal size package (usually 8 ounces).

Other stuff like grape tomatoes and baby carrots seemed standard.

billrubin said:   Check the package size on the items. The mushrooms are 6 ounces, which is smaller than your normal size package (usually 8 ounces).

Other stuff like grape tomatoes and baby carrots seemed standard.

Yes, but still good prices compared to what even the 8oz pack is not on sale at most supermarkets (about $2). Sometime S&S and Giant have the 8oz for $1 and Aldi for 69c, but it's always hit and miss, and since Fresh Mushrooms don't stay very long, you can't really stock up, so you have to go with who has the best sale that week.

The steamer bags of fresh veggies are an excellent price as are the bagged salads, especially the spinach. Even Aldi never sells it that cheap.

the 3 lbs Idaho's are a great price for 1.00

MISTERCHEAP said:   Yes, but still good prices compared to what even the 8oz pack is not on sale at most supermarkets (about $2). Sometime S&S and Giant have the 8oz for $1 and Aldi for 69c, but it's always hit and miss, and since Fresh Mushrooms don't stay very long, you can't really stock up, so you have to go with who has the best sale that week.
You can slice and freeze mushrooms. Obviously doesn't work if you want to use them whole. I didn't realize that we were low on mushrooms until last week, at which point I'd missed the $1 sales at Acme (regular size container, with coupon) and S&S (no coupon needed).

billrubin said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   Yes, but still good prices compared to what even the 8oz pack is not on sale at most supermarkets (about $2). Sometime S&S and Giant have the 8oz for $1 and Aldi for 69c, but it's always hit and miss, and since Fresh Mushrooms don't stay very long, you can't really stock up, so you have to go with who has the best sale that week.
You can slice and freeze mushrooms. Obviously doesn't work if you want to use them whole. I didn't realize that we were low on mushrooms until last week, at which point I'd missed the $1 sales at Acme (regular size container, with coupon) and S&S (no coupon needed).

BTW  1lb bags of Peanuts in the Shell are $1 too, which is an excellent price! Great for ball games and general munching.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017