This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

HP - 27" IPS LED HD Monitor - Natural silver -- $129.99 w/VISA Checkout at Best Buy

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks like a a good deal saw this last time, my question for everyone is, I am replacing a old Dell 2407 monitor ( 24" ) it's been a great monitor but Dell no longer supports drivers for this monitor so I thought I would upgrade to a 27".. People have warned that the picture is not great looking on 27" monitors do to scaling issues and this HP would have the same issue, I have a 980 video card but I weant to make sure like on macs the scale is clean...

Also this will be used for gaming to slow?

Dil

I got one. I think it is a great monitor. Buy one and check it out. Best Buy has a 2 week return policy.

Is it worth the extra 19.99 for the 4 year warranty?

Drivers huh?

would have loved a black one.

I ordered it, and yes wish it had a black frame, I read a few of the reviews so I added in the 4 year warranty for 19.99, it's worht the price if it break and the headache trying to get it replaced / fixed by HP....  As for the Dell yes the 24" is no longer supported for Windows 8 and 10, I have looked and other people saying the samething, great monitor and will end up on my Mac since it doesn't care.

I consider myself an advanced amateur photographer of some skill and I did not want to get anything that could not keep up with my photographic skills as they progress. This display screen is extremely competent in that regard.

Dilbertic said:   I ordered it, and yes wish it had a black frame, I read a few of the reviews so I added in the 4 year warranty for 19.99, it's worht the price if it break and the headache trying to get it replaced / fixed by HP. ...  As for the Dell yes the 24" is no longer supported for Windows 8 and 10, I have looked and other people saying the samething, great monitor and will end up on my Mac since it doesn't care.
  Why do you need Dell drivers for a monitor?
I have a Dell 19" monitor that's not even 1080p. It' about 8 years old. It runs just fine on Win 10.
Windows supplies the drivers for your monitor.

I would suggest trying the 24" monitor on WIn 10 and see what happens. Just use the regular windows driver.

The Dell 24" has built in USB ports and it also shows under win 8 and win 10 as a generic monitor, this wasn't the case for windows 7 which had Dell drivers that work.  I have been using the monitor on win 10 for sometime now, but it using the default Generic PnP MS one...

ordered one for pick up, will see it any better than my 21inch Dell ultrasharp.

Worth a shot, just wish it was greater than 1920x1080 resolution.

BigWhy said:   ordered one for pick up, will see it any better than my 21inch Dell ultrasharp.
  Dell Ultrasharp may be better quality but I'd pick a decent 27" over a really good 21".
Put them side by side and I think you'll agree.

I use visa checkout at best buy but I am being charged $149.99+tax instead of $129.99+tax.
Did I miss some steps to get the extra $20 discount?

It is slightly brighter than my older LED monitors. The controls are intuitive and easy to access.

fb89 said:   I use visa checkout at best buy but I am being charged $149.99+tax instead of $129.99+tax.
Did I miss some steps to get the extra $20 discount?

The price for the monitor has gone up from $139.99 to $149.99.  I think the Visa Checkout discount at Best Buy was only for a couple of days and you probably missed it.  Nevertheless $150 for a 27 inch HP monitor isn't bad.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017