16 GB Huawei Honor 5X 5.5" 1080p 4G LTE Unlocked GSM Android Smartphone
$159.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875863046

Apply Code: ESCEMGE24EDU

Member Summary
This deal is only valid for silver.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Just came to the forum to post this, so +1 for the OP. This sounds like a great phone for the price and, based on a comment in a Newegg review, is getting the Android Marshmallow upgrade. Good job Huawei.

Thank you, in for one.

PhilGil said:   Just came to the forum to post this, so +1 for the OP. This sounds like a great phone for the price and, based on a comment in a Newegg review, is getting the Android Marshmallow upgrade. Good job Huawei.
  6.0.1 has been available for this since the beginning of July. They are releasing it OTA in stages. 

Best price I have seen on this phone was on Amazon prime day sale, $120

Good price but just curious how useful is 16gb running Marshmallow? My 16gb Galaxy S4 running KitKat is constantly running low on memory and crashing. Anyone care to chime in?

You're confusing memory with storage. This phone has 2GB of memory, of which I always seem to have no less than 500MB free at anytime I check it. If you need more than 16GB of storage, just add a Micro SD card.

I don't think I am confused. With Kitkat (android 4.4), OS, system data, apps, app data (for instance emails, browser data, etc.) all eats up the 16gb on board storage. MicroSD expansion is good for photos, music, etc... but can't run Android and many apps + their data from MicroSD cards.

sprof said:   You're confusing memory with storage. This phone has 2GB of memory, of which I always seem to have no less than 500MB free at anytime I check it. If you need more than 16GB of storage, just add a Micro SD card.
  Just adding an SD card isn't a perfect solution. For my wife's Moto something Android, the only things you can really move to the SD card are photos and videos.

Sure they take up a lot of storage, but you can't easily put things like apps on the SD card -- at least not on my wife's phone.

Okay, everyone has a different usage scenario. I moved apps to the SD card, multiple maps and podcasts. With Marshmallow, you can format the SD card as internal storage.

sprof said:   Okay, everyone has a different usage scenario. I moved apps to the SD card, multiple maps and podcasts. With Marshmallow, you can format the SD card as internal storage.
  That's good to know.

Sprof, thanks for Marshmallow setup info. That was what I was wondering (treating the MicroSD card as internal storage) as KitKat could not do. And thanks OP for posting the deal.

Is 256GB really the max Android can support? What if you put a 512GB card in?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017