cooper243 (Sep. 07, 2016 @ 7:07p) |

$17.83 GearBest

acquavallo (Sep. 07, 2016 @ 9:22p) |

Worked for me. Thanks.

dynochristophe (Sep. 08, 2016 @ 12:09a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's a wireless router. Please put that in the title.

king0fSpades said:   It's a wireless router. Please put that in the title.
  Done, thanks. 

what does this do ????
 Wouldnt i plug my modem into this ? Im clueless.

Its 27.99 now.

Oxymoron123 said:   Its 27.99 now.
"My Cart" shows $27.99 - $18 Limited Time Offer = $9.99

I changed browsers and it works now. Thanks OP!

Yes its $9.99

"My Cart" shows $27.99 - $18 Limited Time Offer = $9.99

Just placed an order.

Got one of these from Newegg a couple months ago for $5. Works great for extending range.

that link comes up dead , in my browser...

but was able to search item and get same price via EDU discount

==

this is a router without 4 typical swithports, but also has a wifi-wifi repeater mode to extend coverage

at $10, in for one,
it's nice when your family visits (hotel/friends) to repeat their wifi, so you don't have to have family all login to hotel/friend SSID/password

i ve got this, and ive set up hundreds of routers before but this is a real challenge....

tgersinthewhhouse said:   i ve got this, and ive set up hundreds of routers before but this is a real challenge....
  As is posting to a forum

tgersinthewhhouse said:   i ve got this, and ive set up hundreds of routers before but this is a real challenge....
  I think you need a new keyboard.  Yours repeats itself over and over and over and over.

LOL Maybe he just set up the same router hundreds of times.

Are you sure you really need this? I've been to a few hotels, motels, and restaurants w/ free wifi and haven't found a need for this sort of product yet.

ablang said:   Are you sure you really need this? I've been to a few hotels, motels, and restaurants w/ free wifi and haven't found a need for this sort of product yet.

it's also good as a large house repeater

many uses, $10, enuf said.

It has ethernet jack, not sure it repeats to this, or if this is only for WAN connection, would be nice to have a repeated enet jack (like DD-WRT does, e.g. so you can plug in a roku/voip/desktop/etc)

Any reviews on this? I used a wi-fi repeater before and it was terrible. Range wasn't much better than original source, and it kept dropping the connection, so you had to manually switch networks/reset the thing/dance on your head every time you moved to a different part of the house.

wyle1 said:   Got one of these from Newegg a couple months ago for $5. Works great for extending range.
  How did you set up as extender , I could not

I have had good luck using it as a router, extender/repeater, and client as I've had needs around the house.

To set it up, I connected to it, went to tplinklogin.net to login, and used "admin" as user and password. Quick Setup walked me though setting it up.

Link sends me to main Dell page, but search for WR700N and you'll see it. FYI, shipping is free.

And contrary to rumors, deal still alive... just repurchased.

ArmchairArchitect said:   Link sends me to main Dell page, but search for WR700N and you'll see it. FYI, shipping is free.
  Assuming of course, that you've enrolled in Dell Premier. 

Does this model have wisp mode?

can someone tell me if it can be used with 110-220v? Thanks.

lillazyfats81 said:   Does this model have wisp mode?
  Yes 

Yes 

Folks, bunch of questions answered on Amazon.

u2head8 said:   can someone tell me if it can be used with 110-220v? Thanks.
  Yes 

AlwaysWrite said:   Any reviews on this? I used a wi-fi repeater before and it was terrible. Range wasn't much better than original source, and it kept dropping the connection, so you had to manually switch networks/reset the thing/dance on your head every time you moved to a different part of the house.
  https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006DEBYWU#Ask

vijujoshi said:   
wyle1 said:   Got one of these from Newegg a couple months ago for $5. Works great for extending range.
  How did you set up as extender , I could not

http://tplinkrepeater.net

My printer stinks when connected to wifi, so this will be worth it just to set up a wired connection in that room for the printer.

Thanks OP! This is a perfect solution and price point to fix my spotty coverage out on the patio 

Still alive...

FYI

1. Router is on back order, scheduled to ship Sept. 9...but Dell won't tell you unless you ask.

2. Try to pay with a card whose expiration year is 2019 or before.
Amex informed me Dell Catalog software cannot handle 2020+... purchase is initially accepted but bounces 1 minute later.
It's very easy to miss the email + Dell Payment Processing only does banker's hours - no nights or weekends.

Nothing like Amazon service, that's for sure.

Newegg has TRENDnet TEW-714TRU
which appears to be pretty similar
for 4.99
it also features USB ports
Here

WindWalker said:   Newegg has TRENDnet TEW-714TRU
which appears to be pretty similar
for 4.99
it also features USB ports
Here

Fantabulous!!!! 
Just ordered one, will cancel Dell order. 
TY, RM WindWalker, you should post this!   

acquavallo said:   
ArmchairArchitect said:   Link sends me to main Dell page, but search for WR700N and you'll see it. FYI, shipping is free.
  Assuming of course, that you've enrolled in Dell Premier. 

Free shipping for me with NO Dell Premier. 

meade18 said:   My printer stinks when connected to wifi, so this will be worth it just to set up a wired connection in that room for the printer.

I has no ethernet ports for a wired connection.  The only port is a WAN connection AFAIK.  I tried connecting a PC to it in repeater mode and it doesn't work.

Skipping 9 Messages...
Worked for me. Thanks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017