This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Staples Q week of 9/4: 1c ac/er Hammermill Ream Paper, $10 ac/er Staples Case Paper

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

BUMP for 8/28 week updated Qs

bump for 9/4-10 update

I think this has probably been discussed before, but the coupon says "limit 1 coupon per customer", and the rebate says "limit 4 per customer". If I print out/bring in 4 coupons, it's up to the clerk whether to accept them or not? I think I've had problems with this in the past. If the clerk is being a jerk, can I buy 1 case, carry it out to the car, then come back in and use another coupon, etc, etc? I'd have 4 receipts with 4 separate rebate numbers. Would this make it hard to get all 4 rebates?

Yes
It depends on the clerk
No

Thanks!

b100 said:   If the clerk is being a jerk, can I buy 1 case, carry it out to the car, then come back in and use another coupon, etc, etc?

IMO, a clerk who insists on imposing the "one per customer" coupon limit is unlikely to relent simply because you walk to your car and come back right away. Might be better to try a second store and or a different cashier (go to another counter or better still a different day/time).

disguise
Disclaimer
<---- might want to invest in a disguise?

Is there a pdf of the coupon? I'm on a phone and can't get it to print, mobile or desktop.

anyone know the OTD price?

I have some large ink rewards I'd like to cash out of.

Thanks

Max

mpcase.pdf
Disclaimer
redevelope2 said:   Is there a pdf of the coupon? I'm on a phone and can't get it to print, mobile or desktop.

anyone know the OTD price?

I have some large ink rewards I'd like to cash out of.

Thanks

Max

$55.99 - $5 coupon = $50.99 out the door - $41.00 rebate = $9.99 AR

fwuser12 said:   
b100 said:   If the clerk is being a jerk, can I buy 1 case, carry it out to the car, then come back in and use another coupon, etc, etc?
IMO, a clerk who insists on imposing the "one per customer" coupon limit is unlikely to relent simply because you walk to your car and come back right away. Might be better to try a second store and or a different cashier (go to another counter or better still a different day/time).

Unfortunately, there are no Staples particularly nearby, so I try to maximize my purchases. The next nearest store is not so nearby, and the store is usually not very busy (one person at the counter at a time).

Just as a follow-up:

I went into the store, which was totally empty. I walked up to the clerk and said, "I have 4 coupons for 4 cases of paper because the rebate limit is 4. Is that ok?" She said, "if the computer accepts it, it's fine with me". Great. I found the cases (and reams), loaded up my cart, and by the time I got up to checkout, there was a huge line, so another employee materialized, grabbed my cart, and dragged me to her counter (curses!). I handed her the printed coupons. She scrutinized them and said, "1 per customer". I said, "so why is the rebate limit 4?" She said the rebate is 4, but the additional special lower pricing is limit 1 per customer.....but she let me enter all the coupons this time around as a courtesy.

I have had the same experience. "You're violating the rules but I'll let you."

Just means they won't make a stink but don't want you there the next day with another 4 coupons.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017