This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Seagate - Expansion 5TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Black
$109.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/seagate-expansion-5tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/5573233.p?id=1219653103917&skuId=5573233

Add 5TB of storage to your computer easily with this Seagate Expansion STEB5000100 hard drive with plug-and-play installation and no software to install. The easy-to-use drive offers a high-speed USB 3.0 interface and is backward compatible with USB 2.0.

Member Summary

Seagate - Expansion 5TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Im kinda wary storing 5tbs of data on Seagate drive.

skullofagoblin said:   Im kinda wary storing 5tbs of data on Seagate drive.

then don't store it anywhere. over the course of time & averages, all the manufactures are about the same when it comes to reliability. yep, they all have bad batches, bad firmwares, and bad luck, but unless their is a KNOWN reason a particular model is bad, then you don't have a reason to avoid. 

I have Samsung, Western Digital, and Seagate in my PC (14-ish drives or so), and guess what, all brands have failed over the years. 

I am in charge of maintaining and repairing over 2000 computers, in the last 20 years of doing this, I completely agree with you. There is no consistently "bad" brand. In fact, Seagate has been one of the most reliable lately.

Not available for shipping or store pickup. Seems dead to me.

Yes. its dead now.

ElPresidente said:   I am in charge of maintaining and repairing over 2000 computers, in the last 20 years of doing this, I completely agree with you. There is no consistently "bad" brand. In fact, Seagate has been one of the most reliable lately.
  I too have been doing similar work for the last 25 years... I find it quite humorous when people say "oh, stay away from brand XYZ, it's bad!" solely based on 1-2 bad experiences that one individual had.
The fact is that ALL hard drives are mechanical, and by DESIGN are inherently flawed and are DESIGNED to fail someday.  So...

1. They WILL fail... only a matter of WHEN, not IF
2. The trick is to stick with ones that have a better track record over THOUSANDS of actual drives... not individual experiences of you and I and a dozen guys who cry foul in a forum...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016