Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer w/ Micro SD Card and Sample Filament $199.99 +FS @ Amazon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer with Heated Build Plate, Includes Micro SD Card and Sample PLA Filament - 115365: Amazon.com: Industrial Scientific
Disclaimer
Amazon is offering the Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer w/ Micro SD Card and Sample Filament on sale for $199.99 with free shipping!

LINK 

Note: This is the lowest price ever on Amazon according to CamelCamelCamel

• All Filament Types: The heated build plate and wide range of extruder temperatures allow this printer to work with any type of filament, from basic filaments, such as ABS and PLA, to more advanced materials, such as conductive PLA, wood and metal composites, or dissolvable PVA
  • Compact Desktop Design: Featuring a small footprint and basic, open frame design, this 3D printer is compact enough for any desk.
  • Ready to Print: Unlike most other low-cost 3D printers, this printer ships fully assembled and has already been calibrated at the factory

Rated 4.3/5 stars from 25 customer reviews.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Picked this up at Jet when it was about $180. This is a pretty good first printer. There is lots of info on how to tweak it online. My wife uses ours and has joined the Facebook group for it.

It's the same price at Monoprice.  Although you'll need to pay for shipping (but not tax) there.  Same price at Jet too, and you can throw in a 15% off coupon there.  (There's a 15% off coupon for Monoprice, but the printer is exempted).

hpmax said:   It's the same price at Monoprice.  Although you'll need to pay for shipping (but not tax) there.  Same price at Jet too, and you can throw in a 15% off coupon there.  (There's a 15% off coupon for Monoprice, but the printer is exempted).
  this is sold by Monoprice on Amazon, so no taxes there either. Plus you get free shipping.

~~Ships from and sold by Monoprice.

$199 seems like a normal price, but still a killer price on a 3d printer. Saddly I see A LOT of unboxings and FIRST prints, which is so NOT what I want for a 3d printer review. I need videos of several prints later, and then a list of any issues that come up. Unlike many other gadgets, you cant take 3d printers at face value, shortfalls only pop up after it has been used.

Are these just toys or are there practical uses for them?

Can i print with wood filament?

russellt said:   Are these just toys or are there practical uses for them?
  I think you can use it to print another printer.

hpmax said:   It's the same price at Monoprice.  Although you'll need to pay for shipping (but not tax) there.  Same price at Jet too, and you can throw in a 15% off coupon there.  (There's a 15% off coupon for Monoprice, but the printer is exempted).
Somehow, I'd never heard of jet before. Just ordered the printer for $183.59, so cheaper than Amazon (even before taxes or Monoprice themselves with shipping.)

They are awesome if you are a modder or designer. Especially if you like to work with the mini computers like raspberry, you can easily print out cases for them. I believe Ben Heck just built a hand held clam shell emulator using a raspberry, and printing the case out in a 3d printer. 

Like most things, you will know if you need a 3d printer or not. It is like any other power tool really. 

Can someone please post a link to the printer on Jet? I tried searching jet but was unable to find it.

mabird said:   Can someone please post a link to the printer on Jet? I tried searching jet but was unable to find it.

It's out of stock.

I guess that reply isn't super useful; here's the link: https://jet.com/product/6aacb19912cd471b9a4bfa697da6cc24

Shows in stock for me. Thanks!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017