This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

APC Back-UPS® ES 750VA Battery Backup, Broadband, 750VA/450 Watt, 10 Outlets $30 at officedepot.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

APC Back-UPS® ES 750VA Battery Backup, Broadband, 750VA/450 Watt, 10 Outlets $30 at officedepot.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

APC Back-UPS® ES 750VA Battery Backup, Broadband, 750VA/450 Watt, 10 Outlets

$30
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/212752/APC-Back-UPS-ES-750VA-Battery/

Protects your computer and peripherals from spikes, surges and power loss
New green features help reduce energy waste.
All 10 outlets feature surge protection.

Member Summary

APC Back-UPS
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Missed my cancelled order email. I got cancelled too.
 Here's my question .. i already got the filler which i didnt reall... (more)

owenscott (Sep. 05, 2016 @ 11:42p) |

People on another forum had success getting Office Depot refund them for the filler item without having to return it.

killme2 (Sep. 06, 2016 @ 1:44p) |

even though my order got cancelled, my giftcard get charged, in fact four times the filler item of sourdough which got d... (more)

zenci (Sep. 19, 2016 @ 7:35p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

any good $5 fillers to get free shipping?

i'll go with this:

Utz Sourdough Nugget Pretzels 34 Oz Utz® Sourdough Nugget Pretzels, 34 Oz
Item # 971589

zenci said:   i'll go with this:

Utz Sourdough Nugget Pretzels 34 Oz Utz® Sourdough Nugget Pretzels, 34 Oz
Item # 971589

"Out of Stock for Delivery"

I went with a Lexar 32GB USB flash drive for $6.99 for the filler:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/562508/Lexar-JumpDrive-S75...

Already have a couple but spares come in Handy. Lost one the other day...

Back in stock for me (DC/VA).

zenci said:   any good $5 fillers to get free shipping?

Buy two!

I bought one using a tablet, going through the Office Max site. It redirected me to OD when placed in the cart, and upon checkout, it showed up as $30 + tax and free shipping. I did not have to add $5 as a filler.
I at first tried the Staples 110% match, but ended up paying $46 due to shipping. I canceled that order quickly. I have to say that the Staples match is not worth the hassle. Anyone else have a poor experience with that? Here is a chat log I had trying to get the Lexar 128GB stick matched earlier last week.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you beat Office Depot/max by 110%?

Hello, thank you for contacting Staples Live Chat Support. I am Rosemarie. I will be happy to help you with your price match inquiry today.

Yes, we do offer 110% price match guarantee. What is the Staples item number?

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/562577/Lexar-JumpDrive-S75...

Thank you.
Give me 2- 3 minutes here, while I do the price match.
Thank you for waiting.

Yep

Good news, the price match request is approved! If you would like to go ahead and submit your order online now and give me the order confirmation number I can apply the credit for you manually. The approved amount is $23.49.

please wait for me to place the order. that price includes tax as well, correct?

This excludes tax.

wouldn't it be 22.49 then if there is a 10% match off

I do apologize, that is already the 110% price match approved amount.

10% of $24.99 is $2.49. $24.99-$2.50=$22.49.
what am I missing?

This is now how the price match is computed.

so where does the 10% come in?

The price difference of Staples price and Office Depot multiply by 10%.
I have checked the price match log here, this is the amount approved for the price match.
Are placing your order now?

So, Staples has it for $49.99. OD/M has it for $24.99. That is a difference of $25. 10% of $25 is $2.50. While I am no math wizard, I still can't see how you are coming up with your number.

Let me resubmit a log here. Give me 2-3 minutes here, please.

ok

Thank you for holding.
You can go ahead and process your order now. The price match amount is $22.49.

For the future, was I correct, or are you just being kind?
I would like to know if I ever have this again.

On the new log I submitted, it gave me the amount of $22.49.
OK, please wait

Sure.

My order number is ****************

Thank you.

Is this for **** *****?

yes

Thank you. Delivery address is *********************?

Yes

Thanks. Give me 2-3 minutes to apply the price match amount of $22.49.\

Yep

The amount will be reduced by $29.38.

An email confirmation will be sent to *****************.

OK, thanks

Your grand total is now $24.03.

with tax?

Yes.

OK, super, thanks

You are welcome! Is there anything else I can help you with?

Nope

bye

Thank you for contacting Staples Live Customer Support today. Have a wonderful day!

What does a back up UPS actually do?

weekendcabin said:   What does a back up UPS actually do?
  It's a battery backup for your computer.  Keeps your computer running during a power outage, then instructs the computer to shut down.

Also insulates from electrical surges.

Does this qualify for the 20% off one item coupon at OD?

I misspoke.  This unit does come with the USB port and PowerChute software.

john99 said:   Does this qualify for the 20% off one item coupon at OD
  Excludes All Technology.

In for two before they're ALL GONE!!

Ordered mine. From site. Didnt want to mess around with the price match stuff.
Now watch my tv will get smoked before this arrives.

If you're worried about alarms going off at night, there are settings to disable the alarm between particular hours, or disable it entirely.

If you Price match from with Staples can you use a $5 off $25 or $10 off $50?

I really trust this brand..And I want to have it with deal..

Price just changed to $69.99

Has this deal expired? I'm only seeing it for $69.99
"Was: $99.99 / each (You Save: $30.00)"

Price jumped to $69.99 from when I first clicked on the link 10 minutes ago to now when I finally got around to trying to order it. I hate it when that happens.

was just going to order 2...were did the $30 price go?

put two in my cart at $99.99 and got this:Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll ship when available.
So the price changed because it went OOS

ordered 2 (last night) and got confirmed (overnight), then back-ordered (just now). Hope cancellation isn't the next email from OD.

ck90211 said:   ordered 2 (last night) and got confirmed (overnight), then back-ordered (just now). Hope cancellation isn't the next email from OD
  Same scenario here > ordered 2 last night, got email order confirmation last night, backorder email this morning.

Price now back to $99.99.

I ordered early Sunday afternoon, but my order was canceled this morning. Of course, my filler order - USB thumb drive I now don't really want - wasn't!

Order Cancellation Notice

Thank you for shopping with us.
We regret that, at time of order processing, we discovered that the items included in your order were not available for delivery. Those items have been cancelled, and you will not be charged.

Cancellation email from OfficeDepot on the UPS. Likely some error where it was supposed to be "$30 Off" and not $30...
I expect there will be more.

My order of two cancelled also. Cancellation email at 9:05 Central Time.

I received this message: Due to unforeseen demand for the items included in your order, they were not available for delivery at time of order processing; these items have been placed on backorder.
I called customer support and they assured me that it was drop shipped from another location and the Expected delivery date: 08.24.2016 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM 

I received an email confirmation after the call.
Now I will just wait and see

Lucky you! My order was simply canceled - no mention of backorder. Perhaps the people who ordered them earliest were allowed to get them at the $30 price (though I didn't get my cancellation email until this morning).

ahallfatwallett said:   I ordered early Sunday afternoon, but my order was canceled this morning. Of course, my filler order - USB thumb drive I now don't really want - wasn't!

We regret that, at time of order processing, we discovered that the items included in your order were not available for delivery. Those items have been cancelled, and you will not be charged.

Did you receive an initial order confirmation email or was the cancellation the only thing that was sent?

mine is back ordered BUT not cancelled.
Fingers crossed.

hooked said:   
ahallfatwallett said:   I ordered early Sunday afternoon, but my order was canceled this morning. Of course, my filler order - USB thumb drive I now don't really want - wasn't!

Did you receive an initial order confirmation email or was the cancellation the only thing that was sent?

I received an initial order confirmation on Sunday.  Then Monday morning I received the separate order cancellation message.

The initial order did not explicitly say anything was not available for delivery - it simply said the two items would arrive separately.  At the top it says, "Status:    Held Dropship", and buried in the "legend" were these status messages:

QTY:     Original Quantity Ordered
AVAILABLE:     Ordered Quantity - Backorder Quantity
B/O Qty:     Backorder Quantity

--
And then this morning, just a cancellation message.

I was able to cancel the USB flash drive order by calling them...

Got an email at 5:01pm saying there was a paypal problem, and please call us back.  Called the 866-number and they closed at 5:00pm.  I increased the limits on my CC at PP, but I'm guessing it'll be too late when I finally get to call them tomorrow AM.

I got the backorder notice - so I chatted online with the CSR and they were practically falling over apologizing about the backorder and told me some date ... so I left it at that.  Some of us might be the lucky ones!

I ordered on Sunday afternoon and received the confirmation email with a delivery date of Tuesday. On Monday morning, I got a second email saying it was backordered. No cancellation email yet.

Order
Disclaimer
It's been three days, and I only got two emails - one was order confirmation & second was the backorder notice. Never received an order cancellation notice.
So I decided to hit up chat support; the guy was really nice and offered to substitute for CyberPower CP825AVRLCD-G (SKU 817450)  for the same price. It's only 8 outlets (instead of APC's 10-outlet) but it does have a higher VA rating (if that actually means anything significant) and it does have a on-board LCD screen. $60 for a pair is still a great deal to me.

I attached a snapshot of my order.

Well Speaking to them today, they say that they will no longer be stocking that item. I asked for a substitute and they said no.. They canceled my order.

Skipping 8 Messages...
even though my order got cancelled, my giftcard get charged, in fact four times the filler item of sourdough which got discontinued and i never received. so i am down about $60 and trying to figure out how to claim my missing dollars as i get bounced from customer representative to other numbers. What a joke company.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017