Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Sceptre U505CV-U
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Repost it ?

wallsdanny said:   Repost it ?

This is the first one, not the repost.

I have the 43" of this model ($230) and use it as a PC monitor . Pretty happy with the results , picture is pretty darn good (but not perfect , not expecting it to be) input lag is basically non existent , no light bleed at all , viewing angle is good , and the panel can be tweaked abit more by assessing the service menu (just be careful what you change) .Service menu can be reached by hitting the menu button and then 7343 on the remote (may take a couple of tries) . As with other lower priced 4K units (including some Samsungs , etc ) , Iam pretty sure this is an RGBW panel ( but dont quote me on that) . Also Walmarts added 3 warranty is pretty cheap , $20-$30 .

Imo , worth it for the price .

stereo55 said:   I have the 43" of this model ($230) and use it as a PC monitor . Pretty happy with the results , picture is pretty darn good (but not perfect , not expecting it to be) input lag is basically non existent , no light bleed at all , viewing angle is good , and the panel can be tweaked abit more by assessing the service menu (just be careful what you change) .Service menu can be reached by hitting the menu button and then 7343 on the remote (may take a couple of tries) . As with other lower priced 4K units (including some Samsungs , etc ) , Iam pretty sure this is an RGBW panel ( but dont quote me on that) . Also Walmarts added 3 warranty is pretty cheap , $20-$30 .

How many years have you had it?  Any dead pixel?

I've never use WalMart warranty, but with any warranty you will discover the little that it covers when you try to use it.

WorkerAnt said:   
stereo55 said:   I have the 43" of this model ($230) and use it as a PC monitor . Pretty happy with the results , picture is pretty darn good (but not perfect , not expecting it to be) input lag is basically non existent , no light bleed at all , viewing angle is good , and the panel can be tweaked abit more by assessing the service menu (just be careful what you change) .Service menu can be reached by hitting the menu button and then 7343 on the remote (may take a couple of tries) . As with other lower priced 4K units (including some Samsungs , etc ) , Iam pretty sure this is an RGBW panel ( but dont quote me on that) . Also Walmarts added 3 warranty is pretty cheap , $20-$30 .

How many years have you had it?  Any dead pixel?

I've never use WalMart warranty, but with any warranty you will discover the little that it covers when you try to use it.

Ive only had the tv about 6 months (this model is fairly new) , no dead pixels and as mentioned no light bleed either and I do use the it daily for 4-6-hrs at a time .

Yeah , Iam not a big fan about extra warranties , but being it was  a first time purchase with this brand is why I opted for the added 3yrs for a mear $26 . Basicly a trial and error thing with Sceptre and the WalMart warranty service .

OP - Is this brand WalMart only or other stores like Best Buy also carry? Thanks

is it dead now ?

Shows $299 now.. So it's not $279 anymore... But still a good deal I guess... $349 elsewhere

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017