This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

TiVo BOLT 500 GB DVR - Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player $169.99 at amazon.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

TiVo BOLT 500 GB DVR - Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player $169.99 at amazon.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

TiVo BOLT 500 GB DVR - Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player
$169.99
https://www.amazon.com/TiVo-BOLT-500-DVR-Compatible/dp/B01DR4T754

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good buy. This may be their last DVR release. The new owner aren't too excited about being in the hardware business.

I have the Tivo Premiere hooked up to a wifi AC router in bridge mode, and I have the mini hooked up via Ethernet to my primary router, and the performance is PERFECT. If you have an AC wifi router and an AC wifi bridge, then it is more than fast enough. I haven't noticed any issues whatsoever using the wifi connection.

Note that this price does NOT include the first year of service.

Price goes up to $299

I have a roamio with $6/mo service and no 4k TVs, so this is not worth the upgrade to me.

would definitely recommend it over a roamio for new users.

would definitely recommend Tivo to any cord cutter as the simplest most complete solution for OTA and streaming in one simple interface with no complex setup on the backend.

minis are great addons as well. but would love to see a tivo app for roku/fire tv. would even pay extra $10 per endpoint for the app so tivo still makes money.

Any way to transfer my lifetime service on a Series 3 Tivo to this device?

eurekaa said:   Any way to transfer my lifetime service on a Series 3 Tivo to this device?

Never say never, but historically the answer has been no, lifetime service is attached to a particular box.

cestmoi123 said:   
eurekaa said:   Any way to transfer my lifetime service on a Series 3 Tivo to this device?
  Never say never, but historically the answer has been no, lifetime service is attached to a particular box.

maybe things change w/ new owner??

HKStallion said:   Note that this price does NOT include the first year of service.

Price goes up to $299

I have a roamio with $6/mo service and no 4k TVs, so this is not worth the upgrade to me.

would definitely recommend it over a roamio for new users.

would definitely recommend Tivo to any cord cutter as the simplest most complete solution for OTA and streaming in one simple interface with no complex setup on the backend.

minis are great addons as well. but would love to see a tivo app for roku/fire tv. would even pay extra $10 per endpoint for the app so tivo still makes money.

$6/mo service??

needhelpplease said:   
cestmoi123 said:   

maybe things change w/ new owner??

I doubt it, Rovi's not really interested in the retail business. 

Tivo is about to announce their next DVR, the Bolt+ at CEDIA. They have been teasing the upcoming release. It is probably better to wait a month and see their next product.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017