• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

frontier
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is a comment on my experience with Frontier, nothing to do with the validity of this deal.

Flew Frontier for the first time yesterday. Worst flight I've ever taken. Flight was delayed for 7 hours due to a malfunctioning light bulb. A319 had 0 creature comforts I am used to seeing flying other airlines. Paying for a carry on bag was a new one as well. I will admit I booked the flight because it was 1/2 the price of a similar Delta flight, and I was expecting less perks than normal because of that fact. Very disappointed with the overall experience. Maybe others have had a better experience with Frontier.

AnandBanned said:   This is a comment on my experience with Frontier, nothing to do with the validity of this deal.

Flew Frontier for the first time yesterday. Worst flight I've ever taken. Flight was delayed for 7 hours due to a malfunctioning light bulb. A319 had 0 creature comforts I am used to seeing flying other airlines. Paying for a carry on bag was a new one as well. I will admit I booked the flight because it was 1/2 the price of a similar Delta flight, and I was expecting less perks than normal because of that fact. Very disappointed with the overall experience. Maybe others have had a better experience with Frontier.

You have to pay for a carry on bag?  Are you allowed to bring anything at all for free?!

uafgrad said:   
AnandBanned said:   This is a comment on my experience with Frontier, nothing to do with the validity of this deal.

You have to pay for a carry on bag?  Are you allowed to bring anything at all for free?!

I think you can only bring a personal bag free, like a handbag, backpack or computer bag. 

I have a computer backpack which can hold a 15 inch laptop. Can I bring this with me free of charge? Thanks a lot.

Based on the display at the gate the size of the personal item was generous (~60% of the size of an allowed carry on luggage), and I did not see anyone being hassled over the size of their carry on items.

Edit:  Purchased in advance carry on bags are $30, Checked bag $25.  At gate prices double for both items.  

qqzj said:   I have a computer backpack which can hold a 15 inch laptop. Can I bring this with me free of charge? Thanks a lot.
  if it can fit under the seat in front of you....yes. if it will only fit in an overhead bin, then you'll have to pay for it. a laptop bag vs a backpack might be a safer choice. 

​yes you are allowed a personal item like a laptop and case or whatever you decide to put in it. A checked bag is $30 and a carryon is $35 if done online ahead of time. Curbside check in is a little more.

Frontier is basically Allegiant but with modern day planes. I trust my life with Frontier 400 percent
more than I trust my life with allegiant. I will gladly pay 2 dollars for a soda on a plane made in the last decade.

If one has a family, what is the best way to get consecutive seats w/o paying, anybody can share the experience? Thanks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017