• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History

image (1.52MB)
True story.  I found this large electric panel on Lowe's website for only $8.90 near me - normally $160!  It's going for $158 at home depot.  So I go to the store, and on the shelf the price is listed as $89 - a big difference from $8.90!  See attached picture.  So I ask an employee to check the price, and sure enough its $8.90 so I got it.  As I was checking out the cashier made me wait so he could verify I had the right item lol.  So I got this huge thing that weights 66 pounds for only $9 total.  Below is an inventory check looks like it's actually going cheaper at other Lowe's.  This is a great deal if you want to upgrade your electric panel.

Square D 40-Circuit 30-Space 200-Amp Main Breaker Load Center (Value Pack)
Item # 83357 Model # CSEDVP1

Store  Quantity  Price
Lake Elsinore, CA 2 $8.44
N. Fontana, CA 1 $16.88
W. Chandler, AZ 1 $17.92
Poway, CA 1 $18.88
Mid-city Los Angeles, CA 3 $21.94
Palmdale, CA 2 $27.34
Livermore, CA 2 $36.75
Moreno Valley, CA 2 $54.00
Escondido, CA 1 $60.40
St. George, UT 2 $60.80
Ocotillo, AZ 1 $64.00
Burbank, CA 1 $75.60
E. Mesa, AZ 1 $80.00
Lynnwood, WA 1 $86.40
E. Santa Clarita, CA 1 $87.75
E. Gilbert, AZ 2 $88.00
Sunnyvale, CA 4 $88.20
Fernley, NV 1 $102.40
Temecula, CA 1 $135.00
Santa Fe, NM 2 $151.00
Mission Valley, CA 1 $151.00

It was a good day.  YMMV.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

website just says "not available on Lowes.com"

how did you check prices?  I'd be looking in the 'other half' of the country...

can search Lowes, WalMart, Home Depot and a few others. At least that way you'd be able to tell if it's in stock. 

Are you planning on upgrading your electric panel?

you're not going to be able to search it at all, as they have pulled it from their system.

Dead Deal

tgersinthewhhouse said:   Dead Deal
  Not dead  --  Op's inventory is/was  pretty much unchanged as of this morning and is nationwide.  YMMV because inventory systems are only as good as the humans that input the data

Great find.

cyberpitstop said:   you're not going to be able to search it at all, as they have pulled it from their system.
Well your partly right       (and notice that I didn't give you a red)

For the benefit of anyone still interested  OP's list is still pretty much accurate with the following changes:   1 pm pacific time
Palmdale     0 in inventory
Elsinore       0 in inventory
Burbank      0 in inventory
E Gilbert AZ     price dropped to $50.00

The list could have human caused inventory errors but if interested you either have to go to the store with item information and have them look or possibly call store and have them do a physical check and take the risk someone there buys it instead.  Like OP said even if the item shows higher price in store have them scan it and it should show the price shown here

I saw this for $17 in chandler so I'm sure it's available at some of the stores I posted. I posted a full nationwide inventory so there's no reason to use other price checkers.

This panel is identical to my houses one. My house panel only has 24 slots, plus 5 in a sub panel. This has 30 slots, so I can replace both panels with this and have at least 1 spare slot, which I plan to use to add a 20amp circuit to power an electric car in my garage.

I have solar panels, a spa, and extra electric outlets in my house and I want to power an electric vehicle so I need more space.

Note that if the box is available in store, the box should say if it's compatible with your local utilities. The one I bought said on it it's compatible with SRP which is what I use.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016