Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service with HD2 Handset
$89
https://www.amazon.com/Ooma-Telo-Phone-Service-Handset/dp/B00PG44S2Q

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Ooma tones keep my alarm from dialing. Usless for me.

mansylvester said:   Ooma tones keep my alarm from dialing. Usless for me.
  Could you elaborate a little bit on this please.  

And this is why I went with Simpli Safe when I choose an alarm.  Cellular network and battery back up.  Some alarms can use your internet connection with a voip adapter.

Xenocrates said:   
  Could you elaborate a little bit on this please.  

Alarms that work over a standard landline won't work or won't work reliably over a voip phone line.  Some of these alarms are capable of working over an internet connection with a voip adapter thus giving you the option of getting rid of your landline.  You would need to check with your alarm company to see if that option is available and the cost of the adapter.

I'm glad you knew what he was talking about. I thought he was using his cellphone with the Ooma and it was messing up his alarms on his cellphone, but now it makes way more sense.

Love my Ooma. $4 phone bills for life.

Rhyno2000 said:   Love my Ooma. $4 phone bills for life.
  Love Ooma for the last 7 years...zero phone bill for me since I'm one of the early adopters.

how much is the activation fees ?

Been with them for 5+ years and the service actually is getting better, with consistent call connection.  I used to have to dial some locations several times to get through the switches to get a ring--that recently changed and I get through easily.  Still will have latency issues so you may have to warn people you WILL talk over them at times.  
Saved over 2K on phone bill(paying taxes only).

my ooma core bought for $200 in 2009 is still going strong. averages out to about $2.50/mo during the last 7 years. if you need a simple setup and forget landline then look no further.

Nice deal, thanks OP.

It will save a lot of my phone bill.

anyone use this on their home alarm?

Just a question - how come no one is comparing it to Obi free service? I have been using Obi for 4 years now and love this thing.

EvoX2008 said:   Just a question - how come no one is comparing it to Obi free service? I have been using Obi for 4 years now and love this thing.
  Are you still getting Obi, free?  Thought they were now charging $10 for the service.  Mine stopped working when I didn't pay.

Get a lot of info here. Lol

Obi still free with Google Voice.  I haven't paid for the past 5+ years.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017