Arris SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (REFURB) $49.99 + $5 Ship at woot.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Arris SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (REFURB)
$49.99 + $5 Ship
http://computers.woot.com/offers/arris-sb6183-docsis-3-0-cable-modem-14

This is my proudest achievement: my Arris Cable Modem. That's why I nailed it to the wall above my fireplace.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is a great deal. These very rarely drop below $70 at Amazon, and never below $60.

Just throwing this out there: If you have no intention of paying for a plan that provides over 343Mbps in the next 5 years, you can get the SB6141 (used, good condition) for $35 or less. Even if you're one that likes paying for more "just in case", get the SB6141 and then buy a new one in 3 years that supports 1.4 Gbps for cheap. I'm guessing very few getting this have an internet plan over 300Mbps but less than 600Mbps...

Dotbody said:   Just throwing this out there: If you have no intention of paying for a plan that provides over 343Mbps in the next 5 years, you can get the SB6141 (used, good condition) for $35 or less. Even if you're one that likes paying for more "just in case", get the SB6141 and then buy a new one in 3 years that supports 1.4 Gbps for cheap. I'm guessing very few getting this have an internet plan over 300Mbps but less than 600Mbps...
  However, Comcast won't provision the SB6141 for their "Extreme 250" or "Extreme 300" service. You have to have this or the SB6190 (or whatever they'll lease you.)

Time Warner Cable won't provision the SB6141 for anything above their 100Mbps service. Don't know if Charter will handle it differently. That's one thing to be aware of, Charter doesn't charge a modem lease fee, so, you can provide your own modem if you really want to, but it doesn't save you any money.

i just bought one which comcast supports arris CM820A from eBay refurb, will that be for the blast. I have an older modem and comcast guys kept saying its old and need to upgrade...
I have their blast plan

redearth said:   i just bought one which comcast supports arris CM820A from eBay refurb, will that be for the blast. I have an older modem and comcast guys kept saying its old and need to upgrade...
I have their blast plan

CM820A is listed as supporting the Blast! tier.

http://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/

cestmoi123 said:   
redearth said:   i just bought one which comcast supports arris CM820A from eBay refurb, will that be for the blast. I have an older modem and comcast guys kept saying its old and need to upgrade...
I have their blast plan

CM820A is listed as supporting the Blast! tier.

http://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/

Thanks a lot.

One thing to note is that there is no option to turn off the lights on this thing. And they are bright. I have used electrical tape to cover the front panel, but the lights come out the ventilation grills as well which I am afraid to cover since they are usually warm. So if you have to sleep in the same room with this thing, beware! Other than that this is a great modem. Never have any issues with it.

The Comcast guy scoffed at my 6141 but then realized he was hooking up 10Mb starter internet. It might not stream content very well but it's only $19.99/month gawdangit!

A warning for Time Warner users. IPV6 is not currently supported for this modem. It did until sometime earlier this year, then they needed to stop it and we (including myself) are still waiting for a firmware update to restore it. The LED lights are also very bright but can be easily dimmed by scotch tape over the LED, then Sharpie the tape. It is still bright over the sides, but at least reflections put out an a decorative pattern.

​Otherwise, it's a fine modem of TWC.  It currently maxes out the 16 channels that TWC supports meaning when the Internet gets busy, you'll slow down less than those with fewer channels.

For those complaining about the bright LEDs, you're just a torx screw away from opening it and sharpie-ing the LEDs...

Wow! Your guys are so advance. I am still using my old SB6121 with Cox 100Mb. Time for an nice upgrade.

Thanks for the great info on the modem and comcast, so let me ask instead of renting the VOIP modem for 10.00 a month, do you guys know which one will work for VOIP with comcast on eBay or other, so I can return the Comcast VOIP modem?  BTW Modem i snow sold out on Woot, that was fast...

Dil

Dotbody said:   Just throwing this out there: If you have no intention of paying for a plan that provides over 343Mbps in the next 5 years, you can get the SB6141 (used, good condition) for $35 or less. Even if you're one that likes paying for more "just in case", get the SB6141 and then buy a new one in 3 years that supports 1.4 Gbps for cheap. I'm guessing very few getting this have an internet plan over 300Mbps but less than 600Mbps...
  Eh, 3 vs 6 vs 12 channel bonding helps a lot if you are in a crowded market. I got the high-end Arris one (6190) and it absolutely flies. Future proof and all that.

Dotbody said:   For those complaining about the bright LEDs, you're just a torx screw away from opening it and sharpie-ing the LEDs...
  ...electrical tape?

Dilbertic said:   Thanks for the great info on the modem and comcast, so let me ask instead of renting the VOIP modem for 10.00 a month, do you guys know which one will work for VOIP with comcast on eBay or other, so I can return the Comcast VOIP modem?  BTW Modem i snow sold out on Woot, that was fast...

Dil

Comcast lists compatible devices here: http://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/

As an FYI, I don't know how Comcast handles this, but with Time Warner Cable, if you have phone service, and provide your own data-only modem, you keep using the phone/data modem from TWC (they just don't charge you for it), since that modem provides the phone service.  So, they don't get any equipment back, and you don't pay the fee.

this thing has been sold out since this morning

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017