This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Target Acer Chromebook 11 $129

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.target.com/p/acer-11-6-chromebook-white-cb3-131-c3kd/...

I have this Chromebook and, for the price, its a great value.  Knock off another 5% for Red Card holders.

Member Summary

Acer Chromebook
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Acer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Showing out of stock online and not available in my local store.

available in my area, but brickseek is showing $179.99 as the in store price. How hard would it be to match their website?

I have one, too. Great machine. Light, fast, inexpensive, excellent battery life.  Almost didn't get it, but highly recommend.

devyanks90 said:   available in my area, but brickseek is showing $179.99 as the in store price. How hard would it be to match their website?
  shouldn't be a problem, since it says instore only... they will match their online price.

$ 129 and IN STOCK at some Milwaukee, WI area stores  53154

Is this a weekly sale that ends tonight? If not it will be an additional 10% off tomorrow.

Do yourself a favor a buy a Chromebook with a touchscreen. Android apps are coming to Chromebooks, but many of them don't work very well on Chromebooks without touchscreens.

johnny98 said:   Do yourself a favor a buy a Chromebook with a touchscreen...
  Which one do you recommend?

I wonder if you can use the extra 10% for Sunday August 28 on top of 55 red card members?

wildbottom said:   
johnny98 said:   Do yourself a favor a buy a Chromebook with a touchscreen...
  Which one do you recommend?

Depends on what size screen you want and how much performance you need (eg for playing graphics-intensive games). There have been a bunch of new touchscreen Chromebooks announced recently that will probably be faster (and more expensive) than the models from a year or two ago. If you want cheap and don't need a lot of performance, the Asus Chromebook Flip and the Acer Chromebook R11 are good older models that can sometimes be found for great prices.

Found a bunch Chromebooks in my local area of Sacramento, picked up one for kids. Got the extra 10% percent off with red card. For the price it is a good starter Chromebook that cant be beat.

The offer is not available online. I purchased two chromebooks and was able to use both the 10% off today online and my 5% off red card. My husband has been looking for a tablet but is thrilled with his new computer.

shows $129 online to me.

supercandyman said:   shows $129 online to me.
  Shows only available in stores shipping not available on Target.com, don't know where you're getting your info, the 10 percent off is for today only, making for the price difference

One left in Walnut Creek, CA an hour ago $129 - 10% off

i bought one of these last year to use as a portable video player. i just load up a few SD cards and the family is good to go. it also has an HDMI port to output videos to big TVs. its SSD means long battery life, and i don't worry too much letting the kids use it.

it can serve as a Handy pseudo-computer for internet surfing on the road as well, although i usually bring my laptop.

What happens if the battery wear out on this?  Can you get replacement?

Actually a good question.

As a related story, I've got a Chromebook by a different maker that is 18 months old, and that gets heavy usage every day.   The battery life has declined from about 9 hours to 4 to 5.   I opened it up to check about replacing the battery.   It not intended as consumer replaceable, but was very easy 12 screws and a plug.   On eBay the battery price was nearly a $100 which seemed expensive for the price of the whole Chromebook.  I'm hoping the battery price falls before replacing it.

I got one (at Fairfax VA store) yesterday and tried it out. Thought the size would be cramped but it is type-able and screen is quiet good for the price. There was an Acer Cloudbook right next to this Chromebook at the store, and Cloudbook's keys are smaller and harder to type on. Boots up very quickly, and set up (with existing gmail account) is quick too. Keyboard and touchpad is a little sluggish (I will try to play with touchpad sensitivity if there is a setting somewhere) but I think keyboard sluggishness is from slow CPU. Screen quiet good for the price. Will connect an external keyboard/mouse to see if it's sluggish too, but this is a very workable laptop for web surfing, emailing, typing/notes and streaming things.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017