Vented diaphragm
Non Resonant air chamber
Standard copper voice coil wire
3.5mm Connector
5.1 feet - 7.9 feet Cord Length

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I owned a pair of SR60's some time ago, but I quickly got rid of them. It was definitely a case of ignorance in my case, but the vented diaphragm design means that everyone around you get's to "enjoy" what you are listening to. They defeat at least some of the reasons for using headphones.

I had a pair of SR-80's that I bought about 15 years ago. I loved 'em. Finally had to replace them last year and the newest incarnation of that same can is falling apart already. What I'm saying is the Grados sound good, but the quality control is slipping, IMO.

One other thing: If "ClassyU" the marketplace seller, is not a Grado "Authorized" reseller, they will not honor the warranty with these. Just FYI.

This is an audiophile's headphone, plain and simple. Its sonic accuracy, imaging, and musical transparency compare to headphones that cost twice as much. But it isn't glitzy - it lacks the "in your face" equalization common in the mass market, which tend to be bass-heavy (i.e. Beats), or overly bright, or both. (Think graphic equalizers with the "smiley face" curve. If you have no idea what I'm talking about you are much younger than I am. ) For what is does, it's an exceptional value. I for one would rather apply equalization (bass boost, etc.) myself when I want it, not have my headphones do it for me without a way to shut it off.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016