This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is an interesting one, but I don't think I am biting for this.

Total cost for Surfing Rueben is $38 + $30.40 + $22.80 + $15.20 + $7.60  = $114 plus tax. 

It looks like tethering for Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket is $1.99 / month. 

Tethering for Surfing Rueben is $17 / month.

The times and rest of the T&C aren't crystal clear yet.

1)    RingPlus Surfing Rueben: Unlimited Minutes/Texts/MMS/MB LTE (Surfing Data) w/$38 first month cost; cost will be reduced to $0 within 5 months; UPGRADES available. 

2)    RingPlus Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket Plan: 6,000/6,000/6,000/6,000 Minutes/Texts/MMS/MB LTE (Surfing Data) w/$38 one-time Top-Up; Allotments start at 4750 and go to 6000 within 5 months; UPGRADES available.

More About the Two PlansStart-time Sunday August 28, 2016 at 4pm-7pm Pacific. For new activations and for upgrades 7pm-until sold out. The number of upgrades available depends on the number of new subscriptions to each individual plan. 1.   Surfing Reuben (Data Research) Free Unlimited Plan within 5 months – Limited Spaces Here is how it will work:1) The Surfing Rueben Plan will start out with the following:First Month $38Unlimited -Talk- Text –MMS and LTE Data  2) Over the next five billing cycles, RingPlus will subtract $7.60 off your cost until the plan cost reaches $0. (Second month will be $30.20 …Third month will be $22.60 until after five months $0)3) After that you will have free/month:  Unlimited-Talk-Text-MMS and Data over the data.  4) By signing up for this plan, you agree to participate in this beta test which is researching the field of data compression, speed variation, and data stream sponsorships among other things. The goal is to research and produce the next generation of data delivery which will reduce RingPlus’ data costs while delivering a good consumer data experience and more free data. What is different? (Why is it a research plan?) The basic goal is making your data last longer and to reduce data burn, without the cell phone user really noticing it and opening it up for alternative revenue streams paying for the free data.You know that many companies are currently playing with data manipulation and slower speeds for streaming (but still enough to enjoy the video) with better compression, throttling some times, and sometimes not, to reduce data burn. We will do the same with the addition of inserting advertisement by Internet search, or an ad when you launch the browser sometimes.The goal is to bring you to unlimited data usage by sponsored data. ----- 2.   Mad Surfing BBQ BrisketMad Surfing BBQ Brisket Free Plan will be without advertisement during the RingBack tone and calls directly routed over the Sprint network as all Sprint post, -prepaid and RingPlus’ Mad plans.The Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket plan will utilize data optimization as explained below.By signing up for this plan, you agree to participate in this beta test which is researching the field of data compression, speed variation, and data stream sponsorships among other things. The goal is to research and produce the next generation of data delivery which will reduce RingPlus’ data costs while delivering a good consumer data experience and more free data. What is different? (Why is it a research plan?) The basic goal is making your data last longer and to reduce data burn, without the cell phone user really noticing it and opening it up for alternative revenue streams paying for the free data.You know that many companies are currently playing with data manipulation and slower speeds for streaming (but still enough to enjoy the video) with better compression, throttling some times, and sometimes not, to reduce data burn. 

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/7559/sundays-promo/p1 

Member Summary

ringplus
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Disclaimer

ringplus
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Disclaimer

ringplus
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
But during last 2 times BLT offer ""Unlimited Everything or 6k/6k/6k/6", I didn't see any placeholder option.

ghoshdd (Aug. 30, 2016 @ 1:22p) |

Since you have the ability to swap phones on your own account, that is always an option.

dealsnmoredeals (Aug. 30, 2016 @ 1:42p) |

even my obi200 has bad days so I may look at a cut mad plan again.

Not sure what this is but Vote is in.
https://social.... (more)

Monkeybiz (Aug. 30, 2016 @ 10:59p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Note, these plans are exactly like Freedompop where voice is using data (basically voice over ip). Unless your living underneath a Sprint tower, Sprint data really sucks (compared Verizon, AT&T,  or even T-Mobile

Not true.  Ring+ uses Sprint's voice bands for voice.  The regular "free" voice calls get rerouted through their ad servers, which introduce the extra latency -- but they still run through the voice network, and do not require a data conection.  The new Mad plans, however, are routed exactly the same as standard Sprint calls.  I'm somewhat interested in tonight's Mad offering, but I've got enough of these RP and FP phones already.  I'm gonna have to think about it, if I have time.

amm41716 said:   Note, these plans are exactly like Freedompop where voice is using data (basically voice over ip). Unless your living underneath a Sprint tower, Sprint data really sucks (compared Verizon, AT&T,  or even T-Mobile ) 

Oh man, I wish you would have mentioned this a few years ago. It would have saved me a lot of time since I wouldn't be able to enjoy free phone service!  

dealsnmoredeals said:   
amm41716 said:   Note, these plans are exactly like Freedompop where voice is using data (basically voice over ip). Unless your living underneath a Sprint tower, Sprint data really sucks (compared Verizon, AT&T,  or even T-Mobile ) 

Oh man, I wish you would have mentioned this a few years ago. It would have saved me a lot of time since I wouldn't be able to enjoy free phone service!  

Typically, this is not the case for Ringplus plans, however, with these plans, it specifically states "Minutes/Texts/MMS/MB LTE (Surfing Data)"... 

Adding Surfing Data means that the calls are going through VOIP. 

knickdigger said:   Not true.  Ring+ uses Sprint 's voice bands for voice.  The regular "free" voice calls get rerouted through their ad servers, which introduce the extra latency -- but they still run through the voice network, and do not require a data conection.  The new Mad plans, however, are routed exactly the same as standard Sprint calls.  I'm somewhat interested in tonight's Mad offering, but I've got enough of these RP and FP phones already.  I'm gonna have to think about it, if I have time.
  Unfortunately True for these particular plans. Usually not the case for Ringplus plans. 

amm41716 said:   
dealsnmoredeals said:   

Typically, this is not the case for Ringplus plans, however, with these plans, UT specifically states "Minutes/Texts/MMS/MB LTE (Surfing Data)"... 

Adding Surfing Data means that the calls are going through VOIP. 

RingPlus voice is NOT voice over IP like Freedom Pop.   Plans that don't have "Mad" in the name have voice calls routed through RingPlus Servers were music and adds replace the outgoing ring tone but this is all via the Sprint voice network.  Voice still works fine on 2G or 3G connections unlike VOIP based voice.   Some people have reported latency issues with this routing and a while back there were occasional blackouts.   I have found the service to be generally quite acceptable even in areas with weak but present Sprint voice coverage.  

The Mad plans were plans that customers pay a monthly recurring fee for.  Mad Plan voice calls are all routed directly through the Sprint voice network.   Just like Boost, regular SprintVirgin Mobile etc. calls are.   Mad Plans were not "free" plans, each had a monthly cost associated with it.   

The business model is ostensibly add supported for most plans, the Mad plans were different depending on a monthly fee.   "Surfing Data" is LTE delivered data that RingPlus can use data compression, throttle data speed and insert advertisements in.   It is in the data stream only.  

This weekend they are debuting a new style Mad Plan that does not have a monthly recurring cost  (I think this is the Mad BLT plan).   It is a "free" plan.   It routs calls directly through the Sprint voice network.  It has Surfing Data which we can assume they will monetize with add insertion.   Not into the voice stream, but I would assume customers are going to see some adds when they run their browser and perhaps some MMS although I am not sure about the MMS part.  

Confirmed, R+ uses VOCA instead of VOIP, but really not that different.

again a lot more questions than answers.(as designed) can this possibly get any more confusing ??

fatxman said:   Confirmed, R+ uses VOCA instead of VOIP, but really not that different.
  They are moving voice CDMA not LTE or EVDO.   It will work wherever Sprint has native voice coverage.

It's live for NEW ACTIVATIONS. It looks like 10 PM EST for upgrades.

Reuben sounds weird. See #4

4) By signing up for this plan, you agree to participate in this beta test which is researching the field of data compression, speed variation, and data stream sponsorships among other things. The goal is to research and produce the next generation of data delivery which will reduce RingPlus’ data costs while delivering a good consumer data experience and more free data.

Brisket and Reuben are available for an upgrade on the dashboard right now.

Redbeard25 said:   Brisket and Reuben are available for an upgrade on the dashboard right now.

I see Brisket, but Surfing is showing full price for the upgrade?

Do the Mad plans not have any sort of voicemail?

only for Member+?

MeIsCheap said:   only for Member+?
 The only thing left is Brisket for Member +.

Do they have a phone and plan combo or should I order the phone and wait for a plan to be announced?

rachnamoore said:   Do they have a phone and plan combo or should I order the phone and wait for a plan to be announced?

They do sell phones in the Ring+ store, and sometimes they have some phone / plan combos. If you know what model phone that you want, it's probably easier to get the phone and then wait for the next promotion and sign up then.

we were just discussing the Moto G4, ad version at Amazon is still alive for fifty off. https://www.amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-Exclusive-Lockscreen/... BB or ting has the C5 or 446c sim

I sort of dismissed this plan as too complicated with unknown throttle. I'll stick with BLT, much simpler and plenty for me.

Too bad some think this is VOIP, it's nothing like Freedompop. R+ uses real cellular and full speed LTE up to 59Mbps around town. They are just mixing it up with throttled LTE on some plans. Glad there are Mad plans if voice latency is an issue for you. Seems like the Cut or Double Mad plans (direct Sprint, not R+ routed) are worth looking into.

Monkeybiz said:   we were just discussing the Moto G4, ad version at Amazon is still alive for fifty off. https://www.amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-Exclusive-Lockscreen/dp/B01EZC9WC0 BB or ting has the C5 or 446c sim

I sort of dismissed this plan as too complicated with unknown throttle. I'll stick with BLT, much simpler and plenty for me.

Too bad some think this is VOIP, it's nothing like Freedompop. R+ uses real cellular and full speed LTE up to 59Mbps around town. They are just mixing it up with throttled LTE on some plans. Glad there are Mad plans if voice latency is an issue for you. Seems like the Cut or Double Mad plans (direct Sprint, not R+ routed) are worth looking into.

I moved a line to this last night.   Its one I use primarily for voice calls.   Voice works exactly like any Sprint phone no latency ....   I did some speedtest hits when I was at lunch with it today.   It certainly wan't throttled - 60Mb/s fairly consistently.   but I wonder if they have gamed the system so speedtest runs un-throttled or they pre-fetch the data used for download.  That would be funny.   I will run some youtube or Netflix in a few days and and weeks to see how that holds up.   I have to do this away from work because I work at a university where the cellular networks are often jammed and the phone connects to wifi all day anyway.

on this last round we picked up a Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket line and upgraded a future to the same. phone calls are improved for sure in this case. this free mad plan was more appealing to me than the unlimited promo. i have no idea how the can monetize this ad free plan. i almost feel bad like i should pay the $1.99 mo for the teathering add on before they take that option off the table.

great deal

j4mes said:   on this last round we picked up a Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket line and upgraded a future to the same. phone calls are improved for sure in this case. this free mad plan was more appealing to me than the unlimited promo. i have no idea how the can monetize this ad free plan. i almost feel bad like i should pay the $1.99 mo for the teathering add on before they take that option off the table.
  There was some mention of add insertion into data, like having your browser display an add when you open it.   I suppose they could send an MMS with adds but this was not mentioned in the plan description.   Either way, If its not chronic, I have no problem with seeing an Advertisement when I open up my browser a few times a day.    I would prefer to get a few adds in exchange for direct calling and no monthly fee service.   

I do hope these guys are going to make enough money to stay in business with plans like ours.   I don't use a lot of voice minutes or data, but do wish to have high allocations for the occasions where I would.  

thank you, dealsmoredeals for your response. I did check the website and did not see any phone plan combos.
The problem with buying a phone first and then waiting for a plan (which you get locked into) is that there is no guarantee that the phone may or may not work and then I won't be able to return it.

Did anyone else had an issue with incoming calls not ringing on standard RP plans? It has nothing to do with delay - they either ring immediately or not at all depending on time of day, location and position of the stars I am wondering if Mad plans will cure that problem or make no difference. I upgraded to BLT 4700-6000 a week or two ago and the only motivation to upgrade again would be resolving this issue. Happy with everything else - classical music instead of dull rings is actually kind of nice!

rachnamoore said:   thank you, dealsmoredeals for your response. I did check the website and did not see any phone plan combos.
The problem with buying a phone first and then waiting for a plan (which you get locked into) is that there is no guarantee that the phone may or may not work and then I won't be able to return it.

You're welcome. Ring+ plans are unpredictable and there usually isn't much notice. At most you would probably only have a few days notice, probably less than that. There's plenty of info on what new phones will work. If you are buying a used phone, you can activate it anytime on the Truly Free plan (no top up fee but there is a 30 day limit) to test out the phone. 

You can get a plan without having a phone using a placeholder, but you would have to get a phone and make a call within 60 days and you have to pay $1.99 for a swap. Check out the Ring+ FAQ.

dealsnmoredeals said:   
rachnamoore said:   thank you, dealsmoredeals for your response. I did check the website and did not see any phone plan combos.

You're welcome. Ring+ plans are unpredictable and there usually isn't much notice. At most you would probably only have a few days notice, probably less than that. There's plenty of info on what new phones will work. If you are buying a used phone, you can activate it anytime on the Truly Free plan (no top up fee but there is a 30 day limit) to test out the phone. 

You can get a plan without having a phone using a placeholder, but you would have to get a phone and make a call within 60 days and you have to pay $1.99 for a swap. Check out the Ring+ FAQ.

But during last 2 times BLT offer ""Unlimited Everything or 6k/6k/6k/6", I didn't see any placeholder option. 

ghoshdd said:     

Since you have the ability to swap phones on your own account, that is always an option.

even my obi200 has bad days so I may look at a cut mad plan again.

Not sure what this is but Vote is in.
https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/7639/bright-plan-cut-in-1...

The winner of Double or Cut 8 is Bright Plan Cut in 1/2!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017