This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Travelocity Mastercard Coupon | $100 off hotels or $150 off packages at travelocity.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Travelocity Mastercard Coupon | $100 off hotels or $150 off packages at travelocity.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Travelocity Mastercard Coupon | $100 off hotels or $150 off packages

https://www.travelocity.com/g/s2/mastercardcoupon

Hotel Offer: $100 off on select hotels 
Coupon Code: MASTERCARD100
Minimum Spend: $200 (minimum spend is the price of the travel reservation excluding any taxes, fees or additional costs). This spend must take place in one transaction. 

Package Offer: $150 off when you spend $750 on Flight+Hotel
Coupon Code: MASTERCARD150
Minimum Spend: $750 USD (minimum spend is the price of the travel reservation excluding any taxes, fees or additional costs). This spend must take place in one transaction. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$100 off no longer valid.

MASTERCARD100 Not working for me either.

Just an FYI. Travelocity has really gone downhill since being sold to Expedia. Their searches have gotten way more screwy and bordering on fraud. Last week I tried booking a domestic flight on Travelocity. When I entered all my credit card info and hit Confirm, I got a message telling me the fare had gone up. I restarted my browser, cleared the history and cache and searched again. The exact original fare and itinerary was still available, however when I hit Confirm, but the same message came up saying the fare had gone up (in the 60 seconds it took to fill in the payment info again. haha).

So just for kicks I went ahead and found the same fare and trip on Delta.com. I took screen shots of everything and went back a third and final time and purchased the more-expensive ticket from Travelocity. I then contacted Travelocity to file a claim against their Travelocity Price Guarantee. Lo, and behold, it wouldn't let me complete the process, telling me the itinerary I had just booked was not eligible. I called their awful non-english-speaking customer service department and was on the phone for almost an hour. Long story short, the manager could not figure out why I was getting the error (as was she) and so instead of offering the fare difference and a $50 coupon (which was the official remedy), she offered me a $150 coupon and no fare refund. Obviously they have far more incentive to avoid refunds, but I know I will use $150 coupon and the fare difference was about $35.

My overall impression was that things have deliberately been set up to screw the customer--on the front end and the back end. I have read similar complaints in the travel forums, so I know my experience is not totally unheard of.

frett said:   Just an FYI. Travelocity has really gone downhill since being sold to Expedia.  Their searches have gotten way more screwy and bordering on fraud. Last week I tried booking a domestic flight on Travelocity. When I entered all my credit card info and hit Confirm, I got a message telling me the fare had gone up. I restarted my browser, cleared the history and cache and searched again. The exact original fare and itinerary was still available, however when I hit Confirm, but the same message came up saying the fare had gone up (in the 60 seconds it took to fill in the payment info again. haha).

So just for kicks I went ahead and found the same fare and trip on Delta.com. I took screen shots of everything and went back a third and final time and purchased the more-expensive ticket from Travelocity. I then contacted Travelocity to file a claim against their Travelocity Price Guarantee. Lo, and behold, it wouldn't let me complete the process, telling me the itinerary I had just booked was not eligible. I called their awful non-english-speaking customer service department and was on the phone for almost an hour. Long story short, the manager could not figure out why I was getting the error (as was she) and so instead of offering the fare difference and a $50 coupon (which was the official remedy), she offered me a $150 coupon and no fare refund. Obviously they have far more incentive to avoid refunds, but I know I will use $150 coupon and the fare difference was about $35.

My overall impression was that things have deliberately been set up to screw the customer--on the front end and the back end. I have read similar complaints in the travel forums, so I know my experience is not totally unheard of.

Expedia has acquired several sites and all follow very questionable business practices. You ask for a room for 3 people and the price they show may not include the 3rd person. And when you go to reserve/pay, they tack on additional fees. I only use these sites to what hotels are available in the area and then book at the individual hotel site - seems to give me better pricing and sometimes even things like free wifi. Sure some of them dangle their rewards program or send coupons but even after booking once in a while, my reward nights balance is always zero. And the coupons don't seem to work at the properties that I want to stay at. So overall, I just stay from these guys.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017