RingPlus Labor Day Promotions

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Plans available during RingPlus Labor Day Promotion

1) RingPlus Surfing Rueben: Unlimited Minutes/Texts/MMS/MB LTE (Surfing Data) w/$38 first month cost; cost will be reduced to $0 within 5 months; UPGRADES available

2) RingPlus Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket Plan: 6,000/6,000/6,000/6,000 Minutes/Texts/MMS/MB LTE (Surfing Data) w/$38 one-time Top-Up; Allotments start at 4750 and go to 6000 within 5 months; UPGRADES available. (Billed directly to credit card not top up)

3) RingPlus BLT Plan Aug 23: 6,000/6,000/6,000/6,000 Minutes/Texts/MMS/MB LTE Data w/$38 one-time Top-Up; Allotments start at 4750 and goes to 6000 within 5 months; UPGRADES available (Billed directly to credit card not top up)

4) Mad BBQ Plus Plan w/Unlimited Talk, Text and Data (5GB Full Speed and afterwards Unlimited Surfing Data)

Mad BBQ Plus Plan includes Unlimited Data, Talk and Text
 5GB Full Speed and afterwards Unlimited Surfing Data  
 Tethering is free with Mad BBQ Plus Plan
 Billed directly to credit card

Member Summary

RingPlus Labor Day Promotions
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Top offs mostly for swapping in better phones leveraging every plan with every upgrade by matching with the right phone,... (more)

Monkeybiz (Sep. 08, 2016 @ 2:57p) |

I'm quite sure everybody's top-off has already been spent by R+ for cash-flow that keeps (any) business going.

Talki (Sep. 08, 2016 @ 3:36p) |

gonna have to move my panhandling to another corner

brusbrother (Sep. 08, 2016 @ 4:18p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Start-times:

-New activation

Advance opening will be available Thursday September 1, 2016 at 4pm- 7pm pacific.

Grand opening on Monday September 5 at 9am - 10pm Pacific or until sold out.

-Referral

All new activation will be ask if they were referred from an existing RingPlus during sign up.

From our past experience upgrades may sell out quickly this will ensure that a spot will be reserved for you. If you are an existing, we will reserve a spot for you. If you refer someone a spot will also be reserved for you.

If you decided to upgrade, you will find it under the reward section on your dashboard and you will be able to use it on Tuesday September 6. If you don’t want to take advantage you will find a small token of our appreciation at this section as well.

- Upgrades

RingPlus will open for general upgrades Monday September 5 at 5pm- 10pm Pacific and Tuesday for invited upgrades only.

The number of available upgrades will depend on activation.

Member+ can purchase any time starting Thursday September 1, 2016 at 4 pm pacific until Tuesday September 6, 2016 at 8AM. Of course Member+ are excluded and can upgrade requirement.

Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket Plan and BLT Plan Aug 23 are the same???

Well, price and data are the same but...

BLT plan is regular (including ring ads). Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket does not have ring ads, but... 

The Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket plan will utilize data optimization as explained below.

By signing up for this plan, you agree to participate in this beta test which is researching the field of data compression, speed variation, and data stream sponsorships among other things. The goal is to research and produce the next generation of data delivery which will reduce RingPlus’ data costs while delivering a good consumer data experience and more free data.

What is different? (Why is it a research plan?) 

The basic goal is making your data last longer and to reduce data burn, without the cell phone user really noticing it and opening it up for alternative revenue streams paying for the free data.

You know that many companies are currently playing with data manipulation and slower speeds for streaming (but still enough to enjoy the video) with better compression, throttling some times, and sometimes not, to reduce data burn. We will do the same with the addition of inserting advertisement by Internet search, or an ad when you launch the browser sometimes.

nice price and good product

This is now enough "free" GB and minutes that I could actually use it as my primary phone.  I just wish that it wasn't on Sprint.  My current (spare) RP line sounds like an analog cell phone from 1996.  So much static and noise and dropped calls. 

leeclinton said:   nice price and good product

Service, not product.

Good to me so far too. 

I need to buy one phone for above ring plus plan. Any smart phone on good deal in market?

ghoshdd said:   I need to buy one phone for above ring plus plan. Any smart phone on good deal in market?
  Here's my favorite RP Phone

jschuman said:   
ghoshdd said:   I need to buy one phone for above ring plus plan. Any smart phone on good deal in market?

For the lazy:Moto G (4th Generation) - Black - 16 GB - Unlocked - Prime Exclusive - with Lockscreen Offers & Ads $200

ablang said:   
jschuman said:   

For the lazy:Moto G (4th Generation) - Black - 16 GB - Unlocked - Prime Exclusive - with Lockscreen Offers & Ads $200

Thanks.. Same price in best buy as well.. Is Moto G's battery life as good as iphone?

jschuman said:   ghoshdd said:   

I need to buy one phone for above ring plus plan. Any smart phone on good deal in market?

For the lazy:Moto G (4th Generation) - Black - 16 GB - Unlocked - Prime Exclusive - with Lockscreen Offers & Ads $200      love it with now all the money being spent on these so called FREE plans coming every couple days, they got people buying phones for them that cost 100 to 300 now.

tinkakat said:   jschuman said:   ghoshdd said:   

For the lazy:Moto G (4th Generation) - Black - 16 GB - Unlocked - Prime Exclusive - with Lockscreen Offers & Ads $200      love it with now all the money being spent on these so called FREE plans coming every couple days, they got people buying phones for them that cost 100 to 300 now.

Thanks.. How is Moto G's battery life? Is it as good as iphone?

How is Moto G's battery life? Is it as good as iphone?

Curious how this works if you own an unlocked phone? I have a Nexus 6P with 3GB datae, unlimited everything else for $40 a month which is GSM. I tried to move over to ringplus last time they had the BLT promotion and found out I needed a CDMA Sim card. I have one from Ringplus now....is it a matter of just swapping out the sims and entering registering with ringplus?

Thanks

Moto G has decent battery life with light use. Amazon still has the ad version and it hasn't bothered me a bit. Maybe some didn't notice that this promo includes loaner phones so you won't miss out. I use Nexus phones with dual sim support and can swap out to GSM or CDMA sim. BB has them on sale, Moto G4 takes the C5 from Ting or the 446C from BB. My N6 sim was only $3 at BB. 

I'm getting excited about the Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket Upgrade since I need better voice and have enough full speed LTE tether.

does anyone know if the Mad Plans required a call every 60 days, and auto downgrade when 60 days call was not made? How do we get invitied for the Mad surfing BBQ plan? TIA

There's 3% cash back for Amazon Prime Exclusive phones, like the Moto G at Ebates.

I saw higher cash back amounts at competing rebate sites.

Xam said:   does anyone know if the Mad Plans required a call every 60 days, and auto downgrade when 60 days call was not made? How do we get invitied for the Mad surfing BBQ plan? TIA

I have not seen a plan that doesn't req the 60 days, it is to keep your line active.  Inactive line will get close and forfeit the number and everything.  There is no downgrade or anything, it's just GONE....ALL GONE. 

^not true, R+ recently purged all the loafers too lazy to support them with one call every sixty days. I don't care what your excuse is, it's how they pay the bills along with other revenue streams. All those users were downgraded to a truly free plan with top off intact. Most of those actually improved their plan by upgrading to the next one, I think it was Commitment for $9 fee that was added to old top off.

I don't know why some think the worse of Ringplus, I usually see the glass half full and give them the benefit of the doubt if they screw up something. Karl is good about making it up to us, time and again, even for those that take advantage, like the lovely club upgrade glitch. Club was reversed and we were able to get a redo on the legit Club plan the next week. It's all good here.

Bump NEW LINES are LIVE. Upgrades for M_+ UNLESS you have an old Truly Free plan laying around. I just checked and tax and telecom fees convinced me I need a flat $25 upgrade on Monday.

Monkeybiz said:   Bump NEW LINES are LIVE. Upgrades for M_+ UNLESS you have an old Truly Free plan laying around. I just checked and tax and telecom fees convinced me I need a flat $25 upgrade on Monday.
  Sooo tempting. Should have studied the terms more closely but my old Momentum 3K units plan works and is more than I need. But with the kids I'd jump now if it weren't for the $15 per GB data overage charge. Even with the RP Samara app, it's just too costly unless I watch it like a hawk. And teens really no nothing about data even when watching hours of cat videos (that is how they use data, isn't it?).

what about RingPlus Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket Plan? Will it be opening on Monday?

Do either BBQ Brisket or BLT include tethering at given price

Also BBQ brisket has no ads, correct-does it use Sprint towers direct-ie not through RP servers
but data is compressed/throttled-correct?

Thanks

Tether is only free on the Mad BBQ PLUS, others are on demaand $1.99/mo off CC. Wish it was off top off but unlikely. Brisket shouldn't have ad since it bypasses R+ servers completely. Also no R+ extras, like call block on Brisket. That said I'll kick myself if I miss that upgrade.

I see it (Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket) is already available under free plan. Is it opened today? What about on Labor Day, Monday? Can anyone explain?

Monkeybiz said:   UNLESS you have an old Truly Free plan laying around.
  I have a TF plan laying around but am not sure I want to spend $38.00 + tax for yet another line I am never gonna use.

I'm going to buy Motorola - MOTO G (4th Generation) from best buy. Can anyone please tell me where I can purchase required Sprint sim with low cost. Thanks

ghoshdd said:   I'm going to buy Motorola - MOTO G (4th Generation) from best buy. Can anyone please tell me where I can purchase required Sprint sim with low cost. Thanks
  easy, google ting sim guide https://ting.com/shop/sim#cdma and get that c5 446c at BB for less then $10. YMMV, Ting had a sale so I got a bunch for a buck each. Sims are only cheap if you get lucky and plan ahead. 

or get a loaner phone to hold plan until you get sim from r+ https://store.ringplus.net/SIMGLW446C_p_84.html 

Monkeybiz said:   Tether is only free on the Mad BBQ PLUS, others are on demaand $1.99/mo off CC. Wish it was off top off but unlikely. Brisket shouldn't have ad since it bypasses R+ servers completely. Also no R+ extras, like call block on Brisket. That said I'll kick myself if I miss that upgrade.
  Thanks

Thinking I just might buy with last spare pre-fed phone I have,

someone said reuben is $17 to tether so double check. BLT $2/mo on 6k full speed LTE is hard to beat. I'll settle for Brisket throttled upgrade with real Sprint voice. 

Monkeybiz said:   ^not true, R+ recently purged all the loafers too lazy to support them with one call every sixty days. I don't care what your excuse is, it's how they pay the bills along with other revenue streams. All those users were downgraded to a truly free plan with top off intact. Most of those actually improved their plan by upgrading to the next one, I think it was Commitment for $9 fee that was added to old top off.

I don't know why some think the worse of Ringplus, I usually see the glass half full and give them the benefit of the doubt if they screw up something. Karl is good about making it up to us, time and again, even for those that take advantage, like the lovely club upgrade glitch. Club was reversed and we were able to get a redo on the legit Club plan the next week. It's all good here.

All the plans I read said you will forfeit everything if you don't make at least 1 call in 60 days.  Which is fine for most people.  It's very generous IMO.  2 months is a long time to not call mom or dad to say hi. 

Didn't know I was "think the worse of Ringplus".  Just stating what I read.  I am happy so far with my Ringplus.  I do like to read all and know all before signing up.

Karl is great.  I see he respond to lots of message in the forum.  Anyway, it seem to me Ringplus is trying to get it's members to help others understand more about Ringplus, so I'm here to help what little I can. 

Monkeybiz said:   
ghoshdd said:   I'm going to buy Motorola - MOTO G (4th Generation) from best buy. Can anyone please tell me where I can purchase required Sprint sim with low cost. Thanks
  easy, google ting sim guide https://ting.com/shop/sim#cdma and get that c5 446c at BB for less then $10. YMMV, Ting had a sale so I got a bunch for a buck each. Sims are only cheap if you get lucky and plan ahead. 

or get a loaner phone to hold plan until you get sim from r+ https://store.ringplus.net/SIMGLW446C_p_84.html 

Thanks. How many days will take to get a loaner phone? Does loaner phone come with sim?

yes of course a loaner phone comes with sim. I've never done it myself but I would expect shipping anywhere from one to two weeks. Not every promo bundles store purchase with promo. You will get instructions on how to activate after you receive R+ loaner.

I've accumulated quite a few idle phones after a year of upgrades and easy swaps. I just can't part with them yet. I should list in classified but I'm too busy with other things.

Refurbished phones are another source, Boost used to sell them until I spilled the beans. Funny, a sale on non exploding Note refurbs http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/09/02/deal-alert-refurbished-n... I would suggest investing in a good Nexus 6 or Moto G4 deal for built in back up plan for both GSM and CDMA

Thanks.. But problem is that this ring plus offer is on Labor day, Monday. I can't get that offer if I wait for loaner phone. To get this offer I must have a valid phone and sim in it.

ghoshdd said:   Thanks.. But problem is that this ring plus offer is on Labor day, Monday. I can't get that offer if I wait for loaner phone. To get this offer I must have a valid phone and sim in it.

edit, a phone sale at r+ at 5pm, details to follow, no mention of bundling promo with phone. https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/7718/ringplus-labor-day-w...

hmmm,. one of us isn't awake, I though I made it clear. Your Monday promo will be reserved for you. Instructions come with LOANER phone, try reading up on social, they are the experts. https://promos.ringplus.net/ 

In what language is this written?  It's certainly not English ...

It is mentioned in the offer "Additionally, Free port-in & Loaner Phones (Deposit required) will be available for during this promotion." But loaner phone sale start at 5 PM PT today whereas "RingPlus Mad Surfing BBQ Brisket Plan" star on Monday.
If I buy loaner phone today promo period and then how can I get the offered plan on Monday with this loaner phone?
What are the steps in obtaining a loaner phone and activating it during the promo period??
Thanks in advance..

Loaner phones are separate from sale, two different things.

Sale items excluded. rp_mod_sothan:

Per promo terms

"Store Purchases
Please note that buying items in the RingPlus Store will NOT make the purchaser eligible for the offerings in this promotion."

Unfortunately purchasing a phone will NOT lock in the Labor Day Weekend plan promotion.

------------------------------------------

LOANERS, Once you receive your phone, you will be able to go to RINGPLUS.NET and activate it on the currently available plans.https://store.ringplus.net/Loaner-Phones_c_55.html For information on returning Loaner Phones, please visit =9ptHTTPS://SOCIAL.RINGPLUS.NET/DISCUSSION/2900/FAQ-HOW-TO-RETURN-YOUR-LOANER-PHONE for details, and please note that you will have to pay for return shipping. 

I don't think they would include Loaner phones in a promo unless it reserved that particular plan but I could be wrong. If that's not enough to make your head spin then R+ might offer a cheap placeholder in Classified section when promo goes live. Too much to explain when I have to eat. 

deal alert, Obihai OBi200 VoIP Telephone Adapter w/ Google Voice/SIP on sale for $49.99 - $10 w/ promo code AFEMENEG23 = $39.99. Shipping is free.

Great little VOIP backup solution to Ringplus. Even the Brisket direct over Sprint is subject to occasional outages. Some of which aren't even Ringlus fault. I've only noticed a few interruptions in the last year since I have GV on Obitalk. 

I use my obi mostly to avoid voice delay and some calls might not even connect. The best part is VOIP uses my GV number so caller ID works when I want it to. I doubt I'd ever port my GV number over but it does work on up to five phones and on Obitalk.

I can't wait to find out Monday, I may add Brisket a new line and refer a family member for guaranteed upgrade. It's not like the last chance, there will be better deals for sure but this is the first time I've seen direct Mad plans for free. Some call it a trap but getting loyal users to pay a little along the ways is good for business and helps Ringplus offer even better promos.

Skipping 77 Messages...
gonna have to move my panhandling to another corner

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017