• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Adorama has the Lenovo IdeaPad 700 15.6" IPS Laptop w/  i7-6700HQ (2.6 GHz), 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD, GeForce GTX950M - 4GB, Win 10  on sale for $799.99 with free shipping

• Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz CPU
  • 15.6" (1920x1080) IPS LED Backlit LCD Display
  • 16GB DDR4 Memory
  • 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M Graphics w/ 4GB VRAM
  • Backlit Keyboard
  • Windows 10

ReviewLaptopMag 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This is an awesome laptop, I bought this exact one, from Adorama, when it was on sale last time. It's pretty fast, very capable of playing games. I was able to play Fallout 4 (on medium) at 60fps most of the time.
The extended warranty is recommended.

rated:
​Why do I need to buy extended warranty if product is reliable and good quality?

rated:
mark13 said:   Why do I need to buy extended warranty if product is reliable and good quality?
  This is a common question with no certain answer. A couple things to consider are:

A 99% success rate with 100,000 units produced would still mean 1000 laptops go wrong and I doubt very highly that any company's laptop is of that quality, not to mention there are multiple companies making the pieces inside any number of which take out the whole laptop when they go, if you can't have someone fix it. So even if Lenovo had that high of quality then it would still be on each of the individual manufacturer's quality to keep the laptop alive.  So even a quality laptop production will still result in 1000's of laptops with terminal hardware problems.

So the following is the next few things to consider are:

1. Do you have to have the laptop for important matters?
  2. If so, do you have alternatives that could get you through until you can afford a new one if this one goes wrong or breaks?
  3. Can you put down all the money for a new one if it is unsalvageable?
  4. If no then it's probably worth the $63 - $130 to get coverage for 3 years, if yes then don't bother.  

Most people probably don't need an extended warranty but they do have a use for some.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016