This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Load $10 or more to the Starbucks app with Visa Checkout, we?ll send you a $10 eGift at starbucks.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Load $10 or more to the Starbucks app with Visa Checkout, we'll send you a $10 eGift

http://www.starbucks.com/promo/visacheckout 

1. Download the Starbucks app and create an account
  2. Load $10 to the Starbucks app with Visa Checkout
  3. Receive your $10 eGift within 5 days

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Worked for me, too. two day turnaround. I even forgot to choose Visa Checkout. I chose the Visa card which was set up to... (more)

glanwin (Sep. 14, 2016 @ 12:17a) |

it takes me 2 days to receive the 10 ecash. I used visa checkout.

Does anyone know whether this is a targeted offer, mea... (more)

goshopping (Sep. 14, 2016 @ 12:06p) |

Hi, 

Its been 4 days and still I didnt get my egift. Please let me know what do I need to do?
Thank you !!!

Ethiraj (Sep. 28, 2016 @ 3:44a) |

Promotion Period: The Promotion Period runs from 9:00 AM PST on 9/1/16 and ends the earlier of (a) when all Bonus Loads are distributed or (b) at 11:59 PM PST on 9/30/16.

ANOTHER THREAD THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SET TO AUTO-EXPIRE.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I assume we're eligible again after the last offer.

I love that the instructions tell you to go to http://www.starbucks.com/visacheckout, but it's broken.

Promotion Period: The Promotion Period runs from 9:00 AM PST on 9/1/16 and ends the earlier of (a) when all Bonus Loads are distributed or (b) at 11:59 PM PST on 9/30/16.

Was just about to do this, but looks like I need to wait until noon.

Fudge, I just did it because I didn't read the entire thread first. Guess I'll see what happens. I spend way too much on a place I only visit once a month.

In the T&Cs, there are a limited number of $10 bonuses, and it doesn't look like you'll know if you're getting the bonus when you spend the $10. No real downside to trying it, I guess.

"If you use Visa Checkout and load $10+ during the Promotion Period to complete steps above and meet these promotional offer requirements, you may receive a Bonus Load. YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO RECEIVE A BONUS LOAD. SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED. Qualifying customers will see the $10 Bonus Load in the form of an emailed Starbucks eGift card within 5 days."

Instructions are confusing. Step 1 is to visit the website (starbucks.com/visacheckout) but then Step 2 is to go to your app to use Visa Checkout using Visa Checkout on the app merely adds a credit card to your app. So it doesn't appear any different that if you had added the credit card directly to your starbucks account.

seawolf21 said:   Instructions are confusing. Step 1 is to visit the website (starbucks.com/visacheckout) but then Step 2 is to go to your app to use Visa Checkout using Visa Checkout on the app merely adds a credit card to your app. So it doesn't appear any different that if you had added the credit card directly to your starbucks account.
  Yes. I am also confused by this.

If you go to starbucks.com right now, you can delete all the credit cards on your app. Then at 9 pacific, go in and add one via Visa Checkout on the app (?) and do the reload?  I guess?

EDIT: AHA! Maybe you reload on the site and not the app. You just use it once it's loaded with the app. Is that right?

NEXT EDIT: No... step 2:  Second, use the Starbucks app to load a minimum $10 onto your Starbucks Card using Visa Checkout as your payment method.

"We're sorry, a system error occured. Please try again later."

I added a Visa Checkout card to my Starbucks app, and then it showed in the list as just a Visa payment method. Reloaded $10, we'll see what happens.

Redbeard25 said:   "We're sorry, a system error occured. Please try again later."

Ditto here.

edick said:   
Redbeard25 said:   "We're sorry, a system error occured. Please try again later."

Ditto here.

Still system erroring for me. #sigh

How to Participate: Take the following steps during the Promotion Period to receive a Bonus Load:

First, visit starbucks.com/visacheckout.
Second, use the Starbucks app to load a minimum $10 onto your Starbucks Card using Visa Checkout as your payment method.
You are only eligible to receive one Bonus Load.
You will receive a $10 Starbucks eGift Card to the email address associated with your Starbucks account within 5 business days of the load.

Problem is, the mentioned link says "We're sorry, we can't find the page you're looking for"

I added the money - it better work

Does it have to be $10 or can I load more than $10 like $25 or $30? Will it also work?

hildaricky said:   Does it have to be $10 or can I load more than $10 like $25 or $30? Will it also work?
  Depends on what "or more" means to you?

"Unable to complete your request.Please try again later."

Been getting the above all day. Anyone else?

Sad state of affairs.........Starbucks.
Luckily I still have plenty of GCs from previous deal.

Is it just me or this deal seems shady AF? I can only add payment method using visa checkout but not pay with visa checkout itself. There is also no way of knowing if they ran out of bonuses.

Just did this using Chrome on my PC with no problems at all.  Now I just need to wait 5 days to see what happens..........

edit:  LOL.  I just realized I was supposed to use the Starbucks app to purchase the GC so I guess nothing will happen!

Also........Every failed attempt shows as a pending charge on credit card. Check your accounts online. It resulted in me getting a fraud alert text from my bank!!

Same here.  Read your post and then checked my VISA account:

Sep 2, 2016 STARBUCKS CARD RELOAD –$10.00
  STARBUCKS CARD RELOAD $10.00
  STARBUCKS CARD RELOAD –$10.00

That PSL Fan Pass thing looks shady as hell. pslfanpass.com is not registered by Starbucks (their real domain is registered by their IT contractor, CSC), and their whois information shows that somebody anonymously registered it through GoDaddy.

You may just look like an idiot presenting this at the counter.  But it could be fun to watch...
YMMV.

Just load $10 and paid with the visa card I signed up with Visa checkout.  Now wait to see if $10 egift will be in my email in 5 days.

Loaded $10 with Visa Checkout on the app yesterday, got the extra $10 in email today.  Thanks, OP.

The worst instructions on a Starbucks promotion yet...

Anyway, I deleted my credit card and re-added it through the app via Visa Checkout. Reloaded for $10, let's see!

Well, that was fast. I have the $10 gift card already. Woot woot!

Is this only for new people (new email) using app for the first time or for existing customers as well? I added $10 but it seems only to be for new accounts (although it doesn't explicitly say that).

Azurik said:   Well, that was fast. I have the $10 gift card already. Woot woot!
 I stand corrected as I see people now are reporting they're getting the bonus $10.  

Reloaded $10 yesterday and got my bonus $10 tonight. Used an existing card added through visa checkout.

I reloaded via the app before it was supposed to start (9am PST) and I just got my e-gift card. I was sort of worried! Thanks OP!

$10 bonus just came in...

Got the bonus card. Thanks op!

MisterEd said:   Is this only for new people (new email) using app for the first time or for existing customers as well? I added $10 but it seems only to be for new accounts (although it doesn't explicitly say that).
Existing customers too.

Existing customer. Did not delete my Amex from the Starbucks app. Yesterday I added $10 and when paying I chose the Visa Checkout and picked my same Amex through that. Received the $10 bonus just now.

Turns out you don't even have to reload at all. All you have to do is add the card using Visa Checkout and you will get the $10 email.

Yes. I reload $10 around 1PM using the app yesterday and get an email this morning for $10 e-gift card.

john99 said:   "Unable to complete your request.Please try again later."

Been getting the above all day. Anyone else?

I'm still stuck here too. Has anyone gotten out of it?

I can still reload with ApplePay, so I know I'm not totally borked. 

Is the $10 credit coming from a Starbucks email address?  I ordered yesterday using Visa Checkout but haven't received anything as of yet.

Just wanted to update regarding my experience with Groupon bought Starbucks GCs:

I bought multiple GCs from this deal but only loaded one on my SB account at the time of this deal.

Today when I tried to load the website says there are no funds under that GC?

This happened with four of such GCs.

I had a similar experience with a Groupon bought Starbucks GC. At that time I contacted Groupon but they just passed the buck to Starbucks and I let it go since it was only $5 ($10) but this time $20 ($40) are at stake.
What is my recourse?

Skipping 23 Messages...
Hi, 

Its been 4 days and still I didnt get my egift. Please let me know what do I need to do?
Thank you !!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017