• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
It's this time again for the Walgreens in store AARP membership promotion.

Individuals are eligible for a free one year AARP Membership (regular $16) when spending $15 or more on Walgreens brand health & wellness products until 01-Oct-2016. The mail-in membership form prints at the cash register at check out. Works on existing memberships, too, as a one year extension.

More details on pages 66/67 of the September 2016 Super Savings booklet. found here: http://ads.iheartwags.com/2016/08/september-2016-coupon-book-082...

edit: Link fixed

Member Summary

walgreens (3.90kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Offer details (46.46kB)
Thanks giselmey
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Received the Catalina coupon in mail this past week. As others have said, their customer service is pretty good. You don... (more)

anonguy (Sep. 18, 2016 @ 3:39p) |

Catalina gave me the run around. I gave them the info and never got the coupon from them. I called them back and they sa... (more)

eegolden1 (Oct. 17, 2016 @ 7:32p) |

Catalina came through for me. But, that said, I haven't heard from AARP yet either.

anonguy (Oct. 17, 2016 @ 7:37p) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I do this every year. For free it's worth it.

rated:
I'm paid about 2 years out, but I'll get another year since it is free.

thanks OP.

rated:
Usually this was in August. I was thinking they discontinued it...glad to see it was just  pushed back

rated:
And FYI, you don't have to be 50 to have an AARP membership. :O

rated:
And, AARP can be extremely valuable. Seriously. It saved my family $2K on flights to Europe this summer ($400/ticket on RT business/first seats).

rated:
So, what do you buy for this deal to make it a slick deal?

rated:
Saphira2021 said:   So, what do you buy for this deal to make it a slick deal?
  BOGO Walgreens-brand vitamins should work. Wait for a sale this month.

rated:
15% off at Outback with the AARP card

rated:
LORENW said:   I'm paid about 2 years out, but I'll get another year since it is free.

thanks OP.

Thats a captivating story, thanks for sharing 

rated:
Insurance through AARP and The Hartford cannot be beat. I have 5 cars all insured with Hartford. High liability limits, (500K, 1M) comprehensive, towing & labor, all for about $1800 a YEAR. It would be less, except one car, a 2001 Mustang Convertable, our daughter drives, and just for her car it's about $770 for the year.

rated:
$400 off business class tickets on British Airways with AARP membership. ($65 off economy) https://www.britishairways.com/en-us/offers/partners/aarp-member...

rated:
You couldn't pay me to join this organization.  It is nothing but a sham for a powerful lobbying organization for the benefit of their own for-profit insurance enterprises.  And their positions are usually in direct conflict with their public image of supposedly looking out for the well being of senior citizens.  

rated:
dcwilbur said:   You couldn't pay me to join this organization.  It is nothing but a sham for a powerful lobbying organization for the benefit of their own for-profit insurance enterprises.  And their positions are usually in direct conflict with their public image of supposedly looking out for the well being of senior citizens.  
  Take the "free" membership and send a complaint as a member?

rated:
Redbeard25 said:   And FYI, you don't have to be 50 to have an AARP membership. :O
  Is this true? Anyone younger than 50 yrs old can join AARP?

rated:
I don't remember any proof being asked for, and i think when I find my 22 year old beautiful bride, she becomes a member

rated:
No. Not true. I sent in a free registration one week before my 50th b-day and they rejected it.

Anyone 50 or over can get all the great benefits of membership in AARP  for only $16 a year. And membership includes your spouse or partner, free! Joining online is fast and secure. You become a member right away and receive your membership number online.

rated:
AARP is just an insurance company disguised as a "club".

rated:
bobley said:   
dcwilbur said:   You couldn't pay me to join this organization.  It is nothing but a sham for a powerful lobbying organization for the benefit of their own for-profit insurance enterprises.  And their positions are usually in direct conflict with their public image of supposedly looking out for the well being of senior citizens.  

I like the way you think!

rated:
GatorLex said:   No. Not true. I sent in a free registration one week before my 50th b-day and they rejected it.

Anyone 50 or over can get all the great benefits of membership in AARP  for only $16 a year. And membership includes your spouse or partner, free! Joining online is fast and secure. You become a member right away and receive your membership number online.

This is wrong. If you're under 50, you can get what they call an Associate Membership. But you still get all the benefits. I did it, and used it for the $400 business class flights. 

rated:
docjoo said:   
Redbeard25 said:   And FYI, you don't have to be 50 to have an AARP membership. :O
  Is this true? Anyone younger than 50 yrs old can join AARP?

Just put it in the name of someone 50+, and they can add someone of any age. 

rated:
metsfan said:   
GatorLex said:   No. Not true. I sent in a free registration one week before my 50th b-day and they rejected it.

This is wrong. If you're under 50, you can get what they call an Associate Membership. But you still get all the benefits. I did it, and used it for the $400 business class flights. 

Isn't there a minimum for associate... 45 or 40? 

rated:
acquavallo said:   
metsfan said:   

Isn't there a minimum for associate... 45 or 40? 

I don't think so. I signed up at 35. I just used the regular online form, and put in my birthday. 

rated:
dcwilbur said:   You couldn't pay me to join this organization.   
  After reading a half page of glowing comments I wondered if anyone would bring out the CR(AARP) smack down. I've despised them for decades.

rated:
UKtour said:   
  After reading a half page of glowing comments I wondered if anyone would bring out the CR(AARP) smack down. I've despised them for decades.

Then you might want to consider NOT opening threads with "Free AARP Membership" in the title and save your valuable insights for other, more worthy topics.

rated:
akronharry said:    Leave the politics out of it

That's the problem with AARP, they've become too political.

rated:
GatorJ said:   
UKtour said:   

Then you might want to consider NOT opening threads with "Free AARP Membership" in the title

If you look way up to the top you'll see neither who you quoted started this thread, but if you can use the benefits (which I can't) then it's a great deal. I'm going to Walgreens tomorrow to pick up my Rx and probably enough other items to qualify but nothing they offer is any good for me free or not.

rated:
I've done this deal before, but then later regretted it.
Think twice before providing your actual phone number.

rated:
Great, thanks OP. I use it frequently for hotel discounts, and it's great. When I've used it the discount is better with my AARP card than AAA -- just saying.

rated:
GatorJ said:   
UKtour said:   

Then you might want to consider NOT opening threads with "Free AARP Membership" in the title and save your valuable insights for other, more worthy topics.

My point was only intended as a public service announcement.  I'm amazed at the number of people who blindly join and support this organization with no idea of what they are all about.  All those nice pictures of old people, you know...they must be good for old people, then, right?  WRONG.

This isn't really about politics at all; this is an example of one of the most self-serving entities you'll ever find.

rated:
never mind

rated:
UkeDoggie said:   I've done this deal before, but then later regretted it.
Think twice before providing your actual phone number.

google voice is your friend

rated:
I made a qualifying purchase last night.....no sign-up form printed at the register.....staff didnt know what I was talking about.   Any Ideas?

rated:
kbaxter said:   
bobley said:   

I like the way you think!

I like the way you think, also.

rated:
meggacat said:   I made a qualifying purchase last night.....no sign-up form printed at the register.....staff didnt know what I was talking about.   Any Ideas?
  show them the booklet from the OP.

rated:
for some reason the link in the op didn't work. this one did
http://ads.iheartwags.com/2016/08/september-2016-coupon-book-082...

rated:
Why not?

I took their AARP cc sign-on bonus so might as well take this.

rated:
I did this last year. I have used discounts at Hilton Hotels and Denny's. I will also use at Outback next time. Just those discounts are worth more than the $16 membership fee, and its even better when Walgreens pays for it for me.

What other discounts has everyone enjoyed with AARP?

rated:
dcwilbur said:   
GatorJ said:   
UKtour said:   

My point was only intended as a public service announcement.  I'm amazed at the number of people who blindly join and support this organization with no idea of what they are all about.  All those nice pictures of old people, you know...they must be good for old people, then, right?  WRONG.

This isn't really about politics at all; this is an example of one of the most self-serving entities you'll ever find.

I think support is a strong word.  More like get free membership, use the discounts.  If anything, we're trying to make them poorer. 

I miss the days of 5% anywhere cashback for my AARP chase CC.  

Skipping 41 Messages...
rated:
eegolden1 said:   Catalina gave me the run around. I gave them the info and never got the coupon from them. I called them back and they said they sent me an email wanted a copy of receipt. Never got email . They =said originally on phone the info I gave them was all that was needed. Now they tell me they will not honor offer as it has expired. I should have gotten the coupon at time of purchase printout. it did not print one. If they do not honor I will not be going to Walgreens again.
  Catalina came through for me. But, that said, I haven't heard from AARP yet either.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016