This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Arris SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (Refurbished)
$54.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16825694008

Compatible with All Major Cable providers: Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, Charter, Time Warner and others
Download speeds up to 686 Mbps
Upload speeds up to 131 Mbps
16 download & 4 upload channels

Member Summary

Arris SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (Refurbished)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

With this, I would need a fast wireless router. Is it cheaper to buy a wireless router separately, or to by a modem with wireless router built in?

Good question

Definitely get modem and router separately.

Any coupons ?

$55 is a good buy, save $ renting modem from your carrier(Comcast).
Always get router and modem separately, got more control on the network, at least that works well for me.

FYI, for those of you who use Time Warner, the SB6183 has issues with IPV6. Google and read some of the discussions.

I just received this modem from woot deal last time and replaced it with my old one. The download speed almost 50% faster immediately. I have Cox Internet Premier. The download speed was around 110Mbps previously with SB6121. After this upgrade, the download speed can reach 180 Mbps easily. The upload speed stay the same.

expired - $79.99 now darn!

Traida said:   expired - $79.99 now darn!
When a deal is dead, don't just post to the thread. Click the "mark as expired" link in the first post to alert the moderator to move the thread to Expired Deals. 

It's back!

Traida said:   expired - $79.99 now darn!
Thanks for posting Traida!

It's nice to have the additional useful information of what the price was on the day you made your post. ...Especially when combined with the kind post below letting us FWers know that it's back in stock.

FW is wonderful and the forums work better when people take the time to volunteer a little extra information instead of simply marking the deal as expired.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017