"THANK YOU!  Your submission has been successfully sent to The Libman Company."

Already received email confirmation :
"Thank you. You should receive your free product within 10 business days!"

Member Summary

mop
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Sounds like this offer ended up like this one. Gotta love the use of words like 'fraudulent' and 'unauthorized'. Compani... (more)

SweetClover (Oct. 04, 2016 @ 8:16p) |

Agreed... my livelihood is working for the fraud department of an enormous. nationally recognized bank and you've got to... (more)

KCQT (Oct. 05, 2016 @ 7:47a) |

I don't know how they blamed the freebie sites. When this first popped up I googled Libman and the offer was right there... (more)

VegasVegan (Oct. 05, 2016 @ 9:15a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP - ordered mine and also got confirmation.

Great post, OP!  In for one.  Thank you!

Thanks OP.

Thanks!

TY

Thank you OP.

Super, thank you!

Thanks!

Thanks, hope it works, and I don't get flooded with Spam emails, and phone calls! LOL

In for one. Thanks.

Gave it a shot also , thanks

thanks opThank you!  Your submission has been successfully sent to The Libman Company.

Wish it came with a French maid!

Thanks, hope it works, and I don't get flooded with Spam emails, and phone calls! LOL

You use a real address & number?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

falconcrest said:   Thanks, hope it works, and I don't get flooded with Spam emails, and phone calls! LOL

I used a throw-away email address, and a fake phone number from The Rejection Hotline.

If your computer does auto-fill, make sure you include the complete city/state/zip. I filled out ones for myself, my sister, and 2 friends, and then realized the auto-fill was only putting in the city, not the state and zip.  I hope they don't disqualify me because I entered the same names and email addresses when I resubmitted.

KCQT said:   https://libman.com/pages/receive-a-nitty-gritty-roller-mop 

The email confirmation address was no-reply@powr.io  .io address is assigned to British Indian Ocean Territory. The email went to spam folder.

Something doesn't look right.

Though I filled the form out, what made me suspicious is that they said 'you should receive your free product...'. I can't believe they'd pay the postage for the actual mops, so I'm assuming if this is legit, they'll just send a coupon for the free mop.

falconcrest said:   Though I filled the form out, what made me suspicious is that they said 'you should receive your free product...'. I can't believe they'd pay the postage for the actual mops, so I'm assuming if this is legit, they'll just send a coupon for the free mop.
  My guess would be a coupon, not the mop itself. Then again, ya' gonna listen to an ape?

Oh yeah, Thanks OP and green 4 U.

OK, knowing that other offers had not been honored (this maybe a pretty expensive [as in > $10 if it's a coupon for a FREE squeeze mop] freebie if it rings true) I took my precautions.   

As in REAL NAME, REAL POST OFFICE BOX (where I receive ALL my freebies) and a throwaway AOL email address I use for companies I don't intend to follow.   

thank op!

Thanks, in for one!

​Thanks OP in for 1  

thanks

Thanks

Thanks!

thanks

Thanks!

Thank you!

FatWKing said:   

The email confirmation address was no-reply@powr.io  .io address is assigned to British Indian Ocean Territory. The email went to spam folder.

powr.io is not British Indian Ocean's email.

Great find, in for one.

Looks dead.

CouponClippen said:   
FatWKing said:   

I said the domain .io was for BTOT. The offer seems to have expired, so may be it was legit.

FatWKing said:   
CouponClippen said:   
FatWKing said:   

I said the domain .io was for BTOT. The offer seems to have expired, so may be it was legit.

CouponClippen is correct; powr.io is a website plug-in provider, and they provide customizable email alerts for websites.  See https://www.powr.io/  Libman apparently used their plug-in to handle auto-reply confirmations from this promo. Perfectly legit source. Yes, there are scams out there, and often if it looks too good to be true, it often is. This appears to be on their domain, and from them, though scammers have had to up their game, as they often get caught. Plus, scammers wouldn't end it like this. They would run it to get as much data as they can sell to spam & junk-mail lists.

For Libman, the upside to this is that they make their money on refills, and they hope you will like the product enough that you will use it and buy those refills. It's like many of the free or really cheap ink-jet printers, the money is on the refills. The refills cost as much as the mop. Me? I prefer my Starfibre microfiber mop, never need refills, just throw the pads in the washer. But this is a nice freebie, especially if you have messy kids/pets. You can mop up spills with this, can't with my Starfibre mop. The added scrub brush allows you to loosen up stuff that sticks to your floor, also nice with kids/pets in the house.

Also, some wondered if they would mail this, or send a coupon. They often use bulk-rate shipping, so it would not surprise me in the least if they shipped it. It's a fairly lightweight item. It will probably come in 2 or 3 pieces,that you'll have to assemble.

Facebook find: Interesting. Around 9-2-16, there was a form for a free mop on Libman.com. Those that signed up (and gave personal info) received 'confirmation emails'. That SAME page now says there is no free mop. Libman needs to be forthcoming regarding HOW the offer ended up on YOUR website. Employee set this up on the day he was fired or quit? Site was hacked? And then to top it off, I check this facebook page, and (unless I missed it) there is no mention of this issue.

The Libman Company
The Libman Company An old offer that was exclusively available to a select list was released fraudulently to the public via freebie websites without the consent or authorization of The Libman Company over the Labor Day holiday weekend. Unfortunately, we aren't able honor these sign-ups. However, rest assured your data and information will not be used by The Libman Company or other third parties. We are sending out an email to explain the situation to those who signed up, but that will be the only instance this data is used and all information will be erased after the email is sent. We sincerely apologize for the confusion.

CouponClippen said:   Facebook find: Interesting. Around 9-2-16, there was a form for a free mop on Libman.com. Those that signed up (and gave personal info) received 'confirmation emails'. That SAME page now says there is no free mop. Libman needs to be forthcoming regarding HOW the offer ended up on YOUR website. Employee set this up on the day he was fired or quit? Site was hacked? And then to top it off, I check this facebook page, and (unless I missed it) there is no mention of this issue.

The Libman Company
The Libman Company An old offer that was exclusively available to a select list was released fraudulently to the public via freebie websites without the consent or authorization of The Libman Company over the Labor Day holiday weekend. Unfortunately, we aren't able honor these sign-ups. However, rest assured your data and information will not be used by The Libman Company or other third parties. We are sending out an email to explain the situation to those who signed up, but that will be the only instance this data is used and all information will be erased after the email is sent. We sincerely apologize for the confusion.

My guess is incompetent IT--they didn't check that the person signing up was an intended recipient.  The URL leaked and they got the expected result.

Found this on spam folder:

It's come to our attention that over the Labor Day holiday an old offer that was exclusively available to a select list was released fraudulently to the public without the consent or authorization of The Libman Company. Unfortunately, we aren't able to honor these sign-ups. However, rest assured your data and information was not stored and will not be used by The Libman Company or other third parties. If you have not signed up for our email list then this is the only email you will receive from The Libman Company. We sincerely apologize for the confusion.

Pretty sure we never get this

Skipping 11 Messages...
KCQT said:   
SweetClover said:   Sounds like this offer ended up like https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1525201. Gotta love the use of words like 'fraudulent' and 'unauthorized'. Companies still haven't got a clue regarding those freebie websites. If you email it (or use a package insert with an open link), someone is always going to 'share', and once one person 'shares', the rest follow with reposts of the 'shared' post.

At least Matlaws and Sandwich Brothers stepped up to the plate, and honored requests, even though the offers were not 'authorized' by them for posting on freebie boards. I got two free 9-packs from Matlaws, and a free box from Sandwich Bros, and I continue to support them by buying their products. It's the nature of freebies, sometimes legitimate company's have restricted offers that get out to the general public - by now you would think they'd be wise, and use one-time-use individual links that only the recipient can use, eliminating the 'sharing'.

Agreed... my livlihood is working for the fraud department of an enormous. nationally recognized bank and you've got to admire the 'responsible' arses out there that try to blame shift onto someone else for their own mistakes, while throwing around those words without full understanding of the implication of their meaning; the epitomy of responsible.  I got the Sandwich Bros. coupon too, even though they're not sold in my area and they were no where to be found here, so that shows how they stepped up with fulfillment and integrity.  

I don't know how they blamed the freebie sites. When this first popped up I googled Libman and the offer was right there under the Libman main page as a sub page and went right to it through that direct link from google search. The sub page is still there though they have taken down the "free" part and when you click the link it says offer over..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017