This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

DeWalt 12-in 15-Amp Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw w/Free Stand and FS. $249 at lowes.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

DeWalt 12-in 15-Amp Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw with Free Stand and free shipping. $249 at lowes.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

DeWalt 12-in 15-Amp Single BEVEL Compound Miter Saw with Free Stand and free shipping.
$249
http://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-12-in-15-Amp-Single-Bevel-Compound-Miter-Saw-with-Free-Stand/1007355 

This 15-amp compound miter saw delivers 4,000-RPM for extended power and durability on the jobsite. The precise miter system and machined base fence support optimize cutting accuracy in all applications. The 0-50° left and right miters provide versatility, while the 0-48° left and 0-3° right BEVEL increase cutting capacity. The tall sliding fence supports nested crown moulding up to 5-1/4-in and vertical base moulding up to 6-1/2-in, and also slides out of the way to allow for BEVEL cutting. The stainless steel miter detent plate boasts 11 positive stops to improve productivity, while the cam lock miter handle has detent override to deliver quick and accurate angles. This lightweight saw sports a carry handle, making it easy to transport around the jobsite or between locations.

The description doesn't say which stand it comes with but it's probably the DWX724 Compact Miter Saw Stand.  If anyone knows for sure please add it to the description.
http://www.dewalt.com/en-us/products/accessories/tool-accessories/saw-accessories/miter-saw-accessories-and-stands/compact-miter-saw-stand/dwx724 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This saw regularly sells for $200 on Amazon (check the camels) but the inclusion of a stand makes this a good deal.

Noahbody123 said:   DeWalt 12-in 15-Amp Single BEVEL Compound Miter Saw with Free Stand and free shipping.
$249
http://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-12-in-15-Amp-Single-Bevel-Compound-Miter-Saw-with-Free-Stand/1007355 

The description doesn't say which stand it comes with but it's probably the DWX724 Compact Miter Saw Stand.  If anyone knows for sure please add it to the description.

I spoke with a Lowes customer service rep last night who told me that the free stand is a DWX726, which is a rolling stand:  http://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-Rolling-Universal-Miter-Saw-Stand/50030592 

But, our local Lowes store (Staunton VA) told me that the free stand is the DWX723, which is a fixed (albeit portable) stand: http://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-Aluminum-Adjustable-Miter-Saw-Stand/3326150 

Either way, this seems like a great deal, although I wish that it was a sliding unit.  The cheapest sliding unit Lowes carries is $549 plus $199 for either of the two stands = $750.

I can live with the fixed pivot for 1/3rd of the price.

ReachELS said:   
Noahbody123 said:   DeWalt 12-in 15-Amp Single BEVEL Compound Miter Saw with Free Stand and free shipping.
$249

I spoke with a Lowes customer service rep last night who told me that the free stand is a DWX726, which is a rolling stand:  http://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-Rolling-Universal-Miter-Saw-Stand/50030592 

But, our local Lowes store (Staunton VA) told me that the free stand is the DWX723, which is a fixed (albeit portable) stand: http://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-Aluminum-Adjustable-Miter-Saw-Stand/3326150 

Either way, this seems like a great deal, although I wish that it was a sliding unit.  The cheapest sliding unit Lowes carries is $549 plus $199 for either of the two stands = $750.

Thanks for the information.  If it is the DWX723 that makes it an even better deal as that unit is the heavy duty 16' extendable stand.  I thought it would be the cheapest scissor unit.

To sweeten this deal use a Lowe's 10% discount code and pay with a Lowe's gift card now on sale for 10% off.

Noahbody123 said:   Thanks for the information.  If it is the DWX723 that makes it an even better deal as that unit is the heavy duty 16' extendable stand.  I thought it would be the cheapest scissor unit.
Used a 10% discount code but missed the 7.5% off gift card ($200 for $185).  Oh well.

Pretty sure that I will be getting the DWX723 as I ordered online and they are shipping from my local store...the same store that told me that the free stand was the DWX723. Should know by Wednesday.

Also saw that Sears was selling the DW715 for $200 (no stand)...given that I paid $224 ($249 less 10%), the incremental cost of the stand relative to Sears is only $25.  I'm happy.

ReachELS said:   
Noahbody123 said:   Thanks for the information.  If it is the DWX723 that makes it an even better deal as that unit is the heavy duty 16' extendable stand.  I thought it would be the cheapest scissor unit.
Used a 10% discount code but missed the 7.5% off gift card ($200 for $185).  Oh well.

The gift card deal also includes an additional $5 off  the 7.5% sale price so you're getting an effective discount of 10%.  

Noahbody123 said:   
The gift card deal also includes an additional $5 off  the 7.5% sale price so you're getting an effective discount of 10%.  

Yeah - noticed that later.  Sorry to have missed that opportunity.

I received the miter saw and stand today - the stand is the DWX723.

ReachELS said:   
$249

Call me cheap but I rather get one at Harbor Freight (do understand the quality delta among the two) the price has no comparison, the warranty is solid for 90 days and the one I got was for half of that price, double BEVEL and sliding unit. Purchased it and have been very happy with the performance. For $130sh, can't go wrong.

fattywallace said:   
ReachELS said:   
$249

Call me cheap but I rather get one at Harbor Freight (do understand the quality delta among the two) the price has no comparison, the warranty is solid for 90 days and the one I got was for half of that price, double BEVEL and sliding unit. Purchased it and have been very happy with the performance. For $130sh, can't go wrong.

I prefer to pay a bit more for the better quality and most importantly, accessibility to replacement parts.

ReachELS said:   
fattywallace said:   
ReachELS said:   
Noahbody123 said:   ....

I prefer to pay a bit more for the better quality and most importantly, accessibility to replacement parts.

And not have to spend 2 days aligning it so that it cuts straight. 

I clicked on the link and it doesn't say anything about a stand. is the deal dead?

skunker said:   I clicked on the link and it doesn't say anything about a stand. is the deal dead?
I get the feeling that this offer was a mistake (and has now been corrected).  I (luckily) printed out a copy of my internet order showing the free stand.  An hour after placing the order, my email confirmation did not show a free stand.  So, I was a little suspicious.

FedEx only delivered the saw yesterday.  However, I was in town and took that fortunate copy (which showed a free stand) to the local Lowes and they gave me one.

So, apparenlty this type of deal has been done before. I searched on Google and this same deal with free stand was available in 2014, so probably not a mistake?

So....Lowes said they had no idea about this. They said that the "Free" is meant by a "free standing table", but not the word "FREE". Whatever.

Did you receive the stand by mail?  I was told by customer care when i bought the saw it came with a stand DWX726.  Then I received the saw yesterday without a stand.  Customer care is now saying it was a mistake from an old promotion and there is not supposed to be a stand with the saw....

ibanez16 said:   Did you receive the stand by mail?  I was told by customer care when i bought the saw it came with a stand DWX726.  Then I received the saw yesterday without a stand.  Customer care is now saying it was a mistake from an old promotion and there is not supposed to be a stand with the saw....
I ordered online almost immediately after seeing the post on FW last Sunday.  I printed a copy of the order when I placed it...clearly showing DW715 "Dewalt 12 in - 15 amp Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw with Free Stand" for $249.  Wasn't sure what stand was included but, at that price, I wasn't too picky.  Customer care also told me that the stand would be a DWX726 but the "Tool World" guy at our local store said it was the DWX723.

It was odd that the "Order in Process" and the "Your Order Has Shipped" emails I received only referenced the saw...so I safeguarded the printed copy thinking that I might need it somewhere along the line.  On Thursday, the DW texted me that the saw had arrived - but no stand.  I was near a Lowes so I went in and spoke face-to-face with a Customer Service Rep, showing her the order copy showing the free stand.  The same "Tool World" guy I had called earlier informed the CSR that the free stand was the DWX723 (which is a heavy duty stand).  They had a couple on-hand so I walked out with one - no charge.

I don't know if it was a mistake but they sure didn't run the promotion very long.  However, another FWer above noted that they have run this promotion before.  I only found this offer on the more expensive DWS780 - @ $599.  Home Depot has that promotion right now. 

When I walked into Lowes, I suspected that they might tell me that it was a mistake.  Had that happened, I would have insisted that they honor the offer which they had presented to me and I had accepted.  I would have pointed out how much I spent with them this year and rescinding offers is not a good way to treat customers.  Fortunately, I did not have to make those arguments...but I was prepared to do so.

Legally, they are most likely on solid ground to rescind the offer and refund your money.  It's a bad business practice but I have seen it done elsewhere.  If I were you (and I well could have been), I would stress your loyalty to Lowes, hopefully showing them how much business you do with them and pointing out just how close it is to the nearest Home Depot.  The store manager has the authority to honor the ad...mistake or not.

Thanks for the response.  I do quite a bit of business with Lowes not sure how much maybe 60 or so online orders a year plus instore purchases.  Their prices are not great, so with crap like this I am better off going to a local lumbar yard supplier for things as well as homedepot.  I did contact customer service and told them they can send out UPS or FedEx to come and pickup, I doubt they will send the stand.  Its not my responsibility to return to store as its their fault.  A google search shows that a free saw comes with their ad!  but it was removed from their website.  Also their link was still active as of yesterday with free saw included within the URL.  I am very dissapointed they did not honor this and just said it was a mistake.  It would not have been such a big deal as the fact that I contacted customer care and they said that the saw stand came with this when I ordered.  I even received a slip with my saw saying there would be multiple boxes!  Now they are saying their employees were wrong as well as their website and the multiple box slip!  I am very angry at Lowes over this, they did not even contact me and let me know I would not be getting the stand, probably were just hoping I would not notice?

I am sorry that they did not do (what I would call) the "right thing". Did you try going up the line and speaking to someone with the authority to approve the deal?

Their prices aren't great but you should always be able to find a 10% off coupon (http://www.mycheapcoupons.com/) and perhaps pay with a gift card bought at a 10% discount as well. Knocking off 20% can result in great pricing.

Don't blame you for asking them to come pick it up - I would too. I am really surprised that they did not make this right, especially if they had your spending history.

ibanez16;19628842 said:... I did contact customer service and told them they can send out UPS or FedEx to come and pickup, I doubt they will send the stand. 

If you got the saw but not the stand and still want to keep it then call Lowe's and have them do the 110% price match against Sears who has the saw (only) for $199.00 .

http://www.sears.com/dewalt-12-in-single-bevel-compound-miter-sa... 

Looks like $199 on Amazon, too. Not bad!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017