This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Rite Aid 9/11 - 9/17 (Free GE Bulbs $7.99 and earn $7.99 in points, limit 1)

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Freebies

GE Bulbs $7.99 and earn $7.99 in points, limit 1

RA reusable shopping bag, reg retail $1 to $2 -$1.00 in ad coupon

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
That's interesting. I guess they do not have access to their transaction database. With SR uploading is optional.

BTW for... (more)

billrubin (Sep. 18, 2016 @ 4:25p) |

I need a 3c (or more) item to get there. Is there a list somewhere? Or a suggestion?

serenity22 (Sep. 23, 2016 @ 12:27a) |

try the little pack with 5 band aids - in the trave & trial size section

my4mainecoons (Sep. 23, 2016 @ 12:43a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

For RAKE in the Pts:
Band Aid deal is still running.  BOG50%, use the peelie on the bag and $4/3 in bag coupon (last coupon in the booklet) for MM wyb $50 worth.

Single serve candy 69¢ again.  Still might find some with freshness peelies.

Centrum vitamins are $6.99 and there's $4/1 in tomorrow's RP.  Check to see if you have the $10/$50 Plenti Household Partner offer.  If so, buy $50 worth and earn 3000PP.
NOTE: must buy all $50 worth (8 bottles) in one transaction. 
 

DEAL IDEA

  • Buy 4 Revlon Mascara, $8.99 each
    Buy 4 Revlon Eyeliner, $4.15 each (50% off)
    -(4) B1G1 Revlon Buy any Eye Liner Get any Revlon Mascara FREE, 9/11 SS (R), exp. 09/25/2016
    Pay: $16.60 
    Get 2,000 Plenti Points ($20 - Limit 2)
    as low as FREE + $3.40 money maker after stacked offers

if you are GOLD, the $1 reusable shopping bags are a 20c MM!

Rings up 80c Gold, coupon takes off $1, must have other items on order for overage (like the free a pts LED Bulbs)

MrVietnam said:   
GE Bulbs $7.99 and earn $7.99 in points, limit 1  
 


YMMV, but the 60W dimmable (single bulb) was a MM for me. Somehow the $7.99 sale price was encoded in the computer as the regular price. As a result, the 20% W+ discount made it $6.39. Still credited the full 799 PP, so the extra $1.60 more than covered the 39 cents in sales tax.

melachri said:   
MrVietnam said:   
GE Bulbs $7.99 and earn $7.99 in points, limit 1  


YMMV, but the 60W dimmable (single bulb) was a MM for me. Somehow the $7.99 sale price was encoded in the computer as the regular price. As a result, the 20% W+ discount made it $6.39. Still credited the full 799 PP, so the extra $1.60 more than covered the 39 cents in sales tax.

  

wasn't coded wrong, that one is $7.99 regular price. that's why the gold came off.

Had to buy some stuff at RA tonight so I'm $28 on the way for Rake the Points. Bulb included. What else is good to complete it this week? I'll check Band Aid but is there anything else?

New $2 coupon for GE Lighting to make it a MM:

https://www.coupons.com/coupons/?pid=15493&nid=10&zid=yn07&plid=...

billrubin said:   New $2 coupon for GE Lighting to make it a MM:

https://www.coupons.com/coupons/?pid=15493&nid=10&zid=yn07&plid=ESCRSS3024&crid=GN201211-n3&varb=11802&cid=19545162&afsrc=1

  

if you bought these yesterday, go back with your receipt to get a post sale coupon credit.  can always take the bulb with you, if given a hassle just do a return/rebuy with the Q.

THANKS BILL.

Yoksel said:   Had to buy some stuff at RA tonight so I'm $28 on the way for Rake the Points. Bulb included. What else is good to complete it this week? I'll check Band Aid but is there anything else?
Get Bandaids!  Huge MM.  There are overlapping bandaid deals besides them being BOG50%:
1) Rake in the Points, 2) $2 catalina wyb 3 Bandaid products and 3) After the Game.  Earn 300 PP wyb $15 from list of products.  I posted the list towards the end of the 8/28 thread.

Here's my scenario from the 8/28 thread:
IF your cashier will scan your Plenti card after coupons have been entered:
1 Band Aid Large Adhesive Pads $5.29 + 2 boxes of gauze $2.99 ea. & First Aid Kit
Less the $4/3 in bag coupon and the $4.99 bag peelie manually entered
Scan card.
The Large Adhesive Pads and First Aid Kit "attach" to each other
Receipt shows
$5.29 Large Pads
$2.49 First Aid kit
$2.99 Gauze
$1.49 Gauze
- $4/3 from coupon booklet in the First Aid bag
- $4.99 peelie on the First Aid bag that beeps
= $3.27 and earn $2 cat (net $1.27 oop)
$12.26 towards RITP and $5.29 towards ATG
Did it 3 times and earned the 300 pts for After the Game as well as $36.78 towards RITP for $3.81 oop
If cashier won't scan card last then s/he might enter the free bag peelie at $2.49 so a little more oop.

With your $28 already earned you would earn the 2000PP as well as 300PP for ATG for $3.81.
You can't get much better than 81¢ to finish RITP.  Even if you found 60 of the 69¢ candy with 50¢ peelies it would cost more.



 

MISTERCHEAP said:   
billrubin said:   New $2 coupon for GE Lighting to make it a MM:

https://www.coupons.com/coupons/?pid=15493&nid=10&zid=yn07&plid=ESCRSS3024&crid=GN201211-n3&varb=11802&cid=19545162&afsrc=1

  

if you bought these yesterday, go back with your receipt to get a post sale coupon credit.  can always take the bulb with you, if given a hassle just do a return/rebuy with the Q.

THANKS BILL.
 

  Thank You, Mr Billrubin and Mr C.    I bought it yesterday so will definitely go back to the store for the credit.   BTW, I did a similar thing once (had the coupon in my pocket and forgot to use it).  I immediately went back to the cashier after checkout and she did a return/rebuy for me.  The Plenti points that were rewarded initially at the first purchase did not get deducted.

mmyk72 said:     Thank You, Mr Billrubin and Mr C.    I bought it yesterday so will definitely go back to the store for the credit.   BTW, I did a similar thing once (had the coupon in my pocket and forgot to use it).  I immediately went back to the cashier after checkout and she did a return/rebuy for me.  The Plenti points that were rewarded initially at the first purchase did not get deducted.
Yes, I have run into that as well. Sadly, I think this one is limit one, so no return/rebuy bonus.

billrubin said:   
mmyk72 said:     Thank You, Mr Billrubin and Mr C.    I bought it yesterday so will definitely go back to the store for the credit.   BTW, I did a similar thing once (had the coupon in my pocket and forgot to use it).  I immediately went back to the cashier after checkout and she did a return/rebuy for me.  The Plenti points that were rewarded initially at the first purchase did not get deducted.
Yes, I have run into that as well. Sadly, I think this one is limit one, so no return/rebuy bonus.

  

right, it is a wash. if you paid w/Plenti, they'll get credited back but the earned points won't., and you pay with plenti again.

MISTERCHEAP said:   right, it is a wash. if you paid w/Plenti, they'll get credited back but the earned points won't., and you pay with plenti again, just make sure you have enough PP's to work with as the credited points won't show til the next day. which is why a simple coupon credit is the easiest way to go.
 

Actually, I believe that returns do get credited and can be reused immediately.

my4mainecoons said:   
Yoksel said:   Had to buy some stuff at RA tonight so I'm $28 on the way for Rake the Points. Bulb included. What else is good to complete it this week? I'll check Band Aid but is there anything else?
Get Bandaids!  Huge MM.  There are overlapping bandaid deals besides them being BOG50%:
1) Rake in the Points, 2) $2 catalina wyb 3 Bandaid products and 3) After the Game.  Earn 300 PP wyb $15 from list of products.  I posted the list towards the end of the 8/28 thread.
 

Thanks a lot for such a great write-up! Found plenty of bags on the shelf but only one with the book inside. Got some more stuff so I'm $42 in Rack The Points now, will finish later this week!  

billrubin said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   right, it is a wash. if you paid w/Plenti, they'll get credited back but the earned points won't., and you pay with plenti again, just make sure you have enough PP's to work with as the credited points won't show til the next day. which is why a simple coupon credit is the easiest way to go.
Actually, I believe that returns do get credited and can be reused immediately.

 Bill is right, Plenti points from returns get credited back immediately.

MrVietnam said:   
billrubin said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   right, it is a wash. if you paid w/Plenti, they'll get credited back but the earned points won't., and you pay with plenti again, just make sure you have enough PP's to work with as the credited points won't show til the next day. which is why a simple coupon credit is the easiest way to go.
Actually, I believe that returns do get credited and can be reused immediately.

 Bill is right, Plenti points from returns get credited back immediately.

  

OK, thanks for the update, will fix my post.

Return-rebuy isn't necessary for coupon adjustment. 
RA registers have option for "post-coupon".  If cashier doesn't know how to do it then get someone who does, like a shift supervisor.

sorry if this been asked before, does paying with PP earned last week negate any point toward this week's Rack?

ZenNUTS said:   sorry if this been asked before, does paying with PP earned last week negate any point toward this week's Rack?
  

no, each week's offer is new and not predicated on previous earnings/offers. you're good.

my4mainecoons said:   Return-rebuy isn't necessary for coupon adjustment. 

RA registers have option for "post-coupon".  If cashier doesn't know how to do it then get someone who does, like a shift supervisor.

If the item was paid for with plenti points, will the "post-coupon" adjustment properly return them?  
That actually sounds like a really neat function that RA registers can do.
 

MGR said:   If the item was paid for with plenti points, will the "post-coupon" adjustment properly return them?  
 

It's not tied to the transaction. I've always gotten cash back when doing a post-coupon (and I never pay cash at RA).

For some reason, this week's ad for my region (So. California) doesn't have the $7.99 FAR GE lightbulb deal printed in it. So only people who follow internet shopping sites would be aware of it in advance. 

So that explains why there was a full stock of those items in my RA store this evening. Typically, FAR items would be cleaned out within a couple days.

The shelf tags for the lightbulbs were all correctly identifying the Plenti Point deal (so folks will have to stumble across this freebie by routine store browsing).

Strange. I wonder why RA did that.

Wow. The 2 packs are really great bulbs. I bought one with my main plenti account, rolled my points. Going to go back and get 2 more for my other plenti accounts.

As MGR mentioned these aren't in the ad for SOcal. Fine by me. 6 good LED bulbs for $-6 in points is a win. Will come in Handy in lots of fixtures. Thanks OP!

my4mainecoons said:   
Yoksel said:   Had to buy some stuff at RA tonight so I'm $28 on the way for Rake the Points. Bulb included. What else is good to complete it this week? I'll check Band Aid but is there anything else?
Get Bandaids!  Huge MM.  There are overlapping bandaid deals besides them being BOG50%:
1) Rake in the Points, 2) $2 catalina wyb 3 Bandaid products and 3) After the Game.  Earn 300 PP wyb $15 from list of products.  I posted the list towards the end of the 8/28 thread.

Here's my scenario from the 8/28 thread:
IF your cashier will scan your Plenti card after coupons have been entered:
1 Band Aid Large Adhesive Pads $5.29 + 2 boxes of gauze $2.99 ea. & First Aid Kit
Less the $4/3 in bag coupon and the $4.99 bag peelie manually entered
Scan card.
The Large Adhesive Pads and First Aid Kit "attach" to each other
Receipt shows
$5.29 Large Pads
$2.49 First Aid kit
$2.99 Gauze
$1.49 Gauze
- $4/3 from coupon booklet in the First Aid bag
- $4.99 peelie on the First Aid bag that beeps
= $3.27 and earn $2 cat (net $1.27 oop)
$12.26 towards RITP and $5.29 towards ATG
Did it 3 times and earned the 300 pts for After the Game as well as $36.78 towards RITP for $3.81 oop
If cashier won't scan card last then s/he might enter the free bag peelie at $2.49 so a little more oop.

With your $28 already earned you would earn the 2000PP as well as 300PP for ATG for $3.81.
You can't get much better than 81¢ to finish RITP.  Even if you found 60 of the 69¢ candy with 50¢ peelies it would cost more.



 

  

Thanks Maine! Started doing this deal and wanted to point out, still very doable even if the items you listed are SOLD OUT OR if you'd rather get real Band Aids vs Gauze type /large pad type items which most don't use very often (and aren't even that easy to sell at garage sales).

You can get the 20ct Band Aid Asst'd with AntiBiotic for $5.49 (20 cents more than the $5.29 pads)

and if your store is out of the cheap gauze at $2.99, there are Band Aid Sheer Strips 40ct for $3.49/then $1.74 on the BOGO50%.

adds up to 90c to your OOP max, still a great MM and I'm sure there are many who would pay a little more to stock up on BandAids which are a higher use item.  Here in my state, there is no TAX on and of the items on the deal.

Thanks again Maine, great post. My store had a boatload of First Aid kits, all with different designs if you want to get a variety.

Two wks ago I earned RITP twice (limit is 2) on one card by doing After the Game scenario to max that out (Limit 2) then finished the 2nd RITP buying 3 cheap bandaids and first aid bag.
No tax on bandaids but had to pay sales tax on the free bag here.
I would have gotten more bandaids this week if I didn't max out RITP buying vitamins. 
I had 1000PP wyb $50 vitamins PPHO on all my cards.  Like the eye vitamin deal a few months back, have to spend the $50 in one transaction.
I decided to max out RITP & PPHO in one transaction so needed to buy $100.  Higher profit buying $100 at a time vs buying $50 and $50.
Got 15 bottles of different Centrum products @ $6.99 ea, used 15 $4/1 mq. 
Paid 4485 PP and earned 1000 PPHO x 2 and 2000 RITP x 2 for ~ 1500PP MM per card.

Found 4 packs of GE halogen bulbs for $3.45 in a store going through Wellness conversion.  Used the $2 ip and earned 799 PP. 


 

my4mainecoons said:   Two wks ago I earned RITP twice (limit is 2) on one card by doing After the Game scenario to max that out (Limit 2) then finished the 2nd RITP buying 3 cheap bandaids and first aid bag.
No tax on bandaids but had to pay sales tax on the free bag here.
I would have gotten more bandaids this week if I didn't max out RITP buying vitamins. 
I had 1000PP wyb $50 vitamins PPHO on all my cards.  Like the eye vitamin deal a few months back, have to spend the $50 in one transaction.
I decided to max out RITP & PPHO in one transaction so needed to buy $100.  Higher profit buying $100 at a time vs buying $50 and $50.
Got 15 bottles of different Centrum products @ $6.99 ea, used 15 $4/1 mq. 
Paid 4485 PP and earned 1000 PPHO x 2 and 2000 RITP x 2 for ~ 1500PP MM per card.

Found 4 packs of GE halogen bulbs for $3.45 in a store going through Wellness conversion.  Used the $2 ip and earned 799 PP. 


 

  

Yeah, didn't get much in the Game points as it seems only certain First Aid items are included, not band aids.  But no biggie, was still a great deal, have $6 in $2 cats to burn at the supermarket now, converted some points into cats to spend elsewhere rather than rolling them back on the next band aid order.

Looks like GE coupon is NLA

billrubin said:   
MGR said:   If the item was paid for with plenti points, will the "post-coupon" adjustment properly return them?  
It's not tied to the transaction. I've always gotten cash back when doing a post-coupon (and I never pay cash at RA).

At one store they don't manually input beeping coupons.  Instead they take the "offender" to a different register, enter it as a post-coupon and hand me the cash to apply to the purchase I'm making.
I could pay for transaction with points and just pocket the cash but I use the cash on the purchase.
RA has had post-couponing for years-- before Plenti and before +Up-- even back in the stone age of Single Check Rebates.
You always receive cash back for "post-coupons".  There's actually a small pile of $1 bills in my Rite Aid coupon wallet from post coupons.

How quickly does Savingstar post Rite Aid purchases? Is it the next morning, or later than that? I don't typically do S* at RA so I forget the exact timing. I know that CVS takes a couple of days.

Newbie at RA. Just transferred a prescription and got 2500 Plenti points. Can I use Plenti points to buy and get the $7.99 new points added to my account?
Also, that GE coupon doesn't appear at the link provided. Is it tied to a particular zip code?

brusbrother said:   Newbie at RA. Just transferred a prescription and got 2500 Plenti points. Can I use Plenti points to buy and get the $7.99 new points added to my account?
Also, that GE coupon doesn't appear at the link provided. Is it tied to a particular zip code?

  

yes, you can use those points to buy the bulb and get the points from the deal. the coupon ran out of prints, NLA.

billrubin said:   How quickly does Savingstar post Rite Aid  purchases? Is it the next morning, or later than that? I don't typically do S* at RA so I forget the exact timing. I know that CVS takes a couple of days.
  

RA is the fastest it seems! Have had credits show up the same night if purchased early in the day. typically no more than 1-2 days after.

my4mainecoons said:   Get Bandaids!  Huge MM.  There are overlapping bandaid deals besides them being BOG50%:
1) Rake in the Points, 2) $2 catalina wyb 3 Bandaid products and 3) After the Game.  Earn 300 PP wyb $15 from list of products.  I posted the list towards the end of the 8/28 thread.

Here's my scenario from the 8/28 thread:
IF your cashier will scan your Plenti card after coupons have been entered:
1 Band Aid Large Adhesive Pads $5.29 + 2 boxes of gauze $2.99 ea. & First Aid Kit
Less the $4/3 in bag coupon and the $4.99 bag peelie manually entered
Scan card.
The Large Adhesive Pads and First Aid Kit "attach" to each other
Receipt shows
$5.29 Large Pads
$2.49 First Aid kit
$2.99 Gauze
$1.49 Gauze
- $4/3 from coupon booklet in the First Aid bag
- $4.99 peelie on the First Aid bag that beeps
= $3.27 and earn $2 cat (net $1.27 oop)
$12.26 towards RITP and $5.29 towards ATG


 

  
Last night i tried to mimic your band aid transaction but failed miserably.  First, the cashier insisted on ringing my plenti card first, then she questioned the free bag coupon (saying i have to buy 3 bags to get 1 bag free).  Finally had the supervisor stepped in and used the free bag coupon.  I did 2 separate transactions (only 2 first aid bags available) and both didn't print any catalina coupons.  Asked about the catalina and was told not aware of such coupon.
So my 2 transactions net $5.77+$1.48 tax  for transaction 1 and $6.47+$1.55 tax for transaction 2.  Transaction 2 is a bit higher as they ran out of the gauze so I got 2 boxes of band aid instead.  These 2 transactions contributed about 50% of the $50 RITP, so basically I spent $12.24+$3.03 tax to get 1000 plenti points.  I think this was really a bad deal for me since other than the 2 boxes of band aid they are all pretty much useless for us.  

Niniss- contact Catalina re: missing Catalina coupon.  You'll have to upload scan of your receipt.  You should get them.  Catalina ends tomorrow.  
If you're really disgusted, return the Band Aids.  You shouldn't lose in the process.

For me it typically takes 3 days for SavingStar for RA purchases to credit.

my4mainecoons said:   Niniss- contact Catalina re: missing Catalina coupon.  You'll have to upload scan of your receipt.  You should get them.  Catalina ends tomorrow. 
 

You don't need to scan the receipt, although it can make the approval easier. All you need to do is provide the information from the receipt including the total, and they can look it up that way.

I didn't receive a Bandaid catalina 2 wks ago.  
Emailed them the information and they requested a scan of the receipt.
This was for RA and the same catalina niniss is missing.
Received the catalina today.

my4mainecoons said:   Get Bandaids!  Huge MM.  There are overlapping bandaid deals besides them being BOG50%:
1) Rake in the Points, 2) $2 catalina wyb 3 Bandaid products and 3) After the Game.  Earn 300 PP wyb $15 from list of products.  I posted the list towards the end of the 8/28 thread.
Receipt shows
$5.29 Large Pads
$2.49 First Aid kit
$2.99 Gauze
$1.49 Gauze

$12.26 towards RITP and $5.29 towards ATG
Did it 3 times and earned the 300 pts for After the Game
. . .



 

Instead of pads, I bought Band Aids.
Made four transactions. On each transaction, I bought the bag + $4.99 BandAids + 2x $3.79 BandAids.
3 of the $4.99 BandAids were identical, regular size, 20-pk. They generated $4.99 towards ATG
1 of the $4.99 BandAids as the same product, but larger size, 10-pk. This generated nothing.
The other BandAids generated nothing.
I am sitting on $14.97 towards ATG.
Since it's Sunday already, am I OOL?

Also, the CATs did not print. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

Started looking into next week's $50/2000 deal. I have never done one before, and feel totally lost. IF anyone comes across a good way to score some necessities pls. post.

Skipping 6 Messages...
serenity22 said:   
my4mainecoons said:   @ serenity- ATG is a monthly promotion so you can still complete it.
  I need a 3c (or more) item to get there. Is there a list somewhere? Or a suggestion?

try the little pack with 5 band aids - in the trave & trial size section



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017