Sam?s Club Membership 50% Off $22.50 at samsclub.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Sam?s Club Membership 50% Off
$22.50
https://www3.samsclub.com/best-deals/clubpickup 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Shouldn't even discuss Sam's in the same thread as Costco. They are two different animals and don't attract the same dem... (more)

lexcurat (Sep. 20, 2016 @ 11:28p) |

this offer still works for me

JohnnyKS (Sep. 22, 2016 @ 10:55a) |

FWIW if you need Disney gift cards Sams Club sells them for about 5% off every day.

People that frequent Disney and/or ar... (more)

jasonv1 (Sep. 22, 2016 @ 12:33p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It says for new membership only. I will try to renew mine with the coupon and see what happens

Signed up yesterday. Thanks OP

I need one of these for CostCo.

austinjenna said:   It says for new membership only. I will try to renew mine with the coupon and see what happens
  Let us know if it works. They usually don't accept these deals unless your membership expired at least 6 months ago. 

How about using it for a primary membership for the spouse and become secondary member youself?

lexscholar said:   I need one of these for CostCo.

Seems like Sam's always has a discount but I never see Costco offer one

TomT said:   
austinjenna said:   It says for new membership only. I will try to renew mine with the coupon and see what happens
  Let us know if it works. They usually don't accept these deals unless your membership expired at least 6 months ago. 

The length of membership expiration has never been a factor when I've renewed with these deals.

How does this work with the AmEx offer of $45 statement credit? Do I charge the 22.50 and get 22.50 MM?

rlshoemake87 said:   How does this work with the AmEx offer of $45 statement credit? Do I charge the 22.50 and get 22.50 MM?
  The AMEX offer says you have to spend at least $45 on a new membership to get $45 back.

Tried this. Got the code. Says I have to take into the store and is for new memberships only.

I find that using the new Scan and Go app (no checkout to go through and never have to scan member card) all my family can now shop at Sam's without being a member.  As long as they can get in the door they can use my membership. And they can use their own credit card with the app. We have enough old membership cards to flash at the door that all the kids have their own card.

Wish I had a Sam's Club near me, I prefer their pork butts over costcos.

saintpauljeff said:   
lexscholar said:   I need one of these for CostCo.

Seems like Sam's always has a discount but I never see Costco offer one

Not to rain on anyone's preferred warehouse shop, but IMO there's a reason Sam's has to offer membership discounts.

I/We did the Sams Groupon deal last year, and we've since let it expire with no intention of renewing.  I *really* wanted to like Sam's Club.  Its a couple exits away from the Costco that we frequent, but the parking lot at Sams is much less crowded, and the inside of Sam's likewise less of a zoo.  Paradoxically, it often took the same time or longer to check out at our Sams vs. Costco, even though Costco has all lanes open and the lines snake during peak hours.

The kicker was that initially it seemed Sams had a few distinct offerings that interested us, but as time went on those items were either also carried by Costco (likely local competitive analysis) or just no longer stocked at Sams.  The associates at Sams had an apathetic attitude when inquired of such no longer carried items.

I think Sam's could be a strong competitor to Costco, if it was allowed to.  I don't think it takes a bunch of board committees to guess what/why Costco draws in such a following.  However, I suspect Wal-Mart doesn't want Sams to compete too well against Wal-Mart.

The only thing I used my sams club card for was gas. I hated having to go in the store because of the employees. I let mine expire last month, and the only way I will get another is if it is free.

the employees at sams are rude, rough, scumbags, thiefs and every thing that a human can possibly be....while the emps at a costco are generally straight_up smiling & helpful...also engage in small talk, draw smiley faces behind the receipts for toddlers....hi-fi the kids...remember you by name and personally greet and show genuine concern....YES, there are some scumbags at costcos too and almost all of these crooks exist in the returns + membership counters of Costcos.....

YES, I have had a Sams club employee steal my gift card that had ~75 dollars remaining balance....she pulled the classic "throw it in the trash can located beneath her register" super fast even before you can recollect your thoughts....it took me 1 minute but I held up the lane bad mouthed her and called over the manager....pointed the "remaining balance" that gets printed on the receipt and demanded I be given a freshly printed Gift Card because I don't trust her any more.....the manager made her empty the trash can search thru the rubble and retrieve the correct card and took me over to the membership station where he printed a fresh card and told me this is the 2nd time that specific employee got caught with such a theft....
if you guys need to, check google and you will find this trick commonly used by Sams and WalMart employees....

did anyone have luck with renewing membership?

Wish we had a Costco around here...I'd be willing to check it out....but since we don't I might sign up for this again. We let ours expire in March...the first snail mail deal we got was 2 months free plus $10 gift card. I'm glad we held out, because this one is better. We've been using Amazon in the mean time for certain things, but sometimes we don't want to wait a couple of days.

Thanks OP. It would be wonderful if we had a Sam's closer than 15 miles away from us. We might even join !  Our county is served by two clubs. One in the northwest part and one in the southern part, but nothing here in the northeast part of the county.

Racerbob said:   Thanks OP. It would be wonderful if we had a Sam's closer than 15 miles away from us. We might even join !  Our county is served by two clubs. One in the northwest part and one in the southern part, but nothing here in the northeast part of the county.
  Closer than 15 miles!! WalMart is the only thing closer than 15 miles for us. Sam's is 30 miles, as is Target, the mall and everything else. We don't see it as an inconvenience. 

dealgain said:   the employees at sams are rude, rough, scumbags, thiefs and every thing that a human can possibly be....while the emps at a costco are generally straight_up smiling & helpful...also engage in small talk, draw smiley faces behind the receipts for toddlers....hi-fi the kids...remember you by name and personally greet and show genuine concern....YES, there are some scumbags at costcos too and almost all of these crooks exist in the returns + membership counters of Costcos.....

YES, I have had a Sams club employee steal my gift card that had ~75 dollars remaining balance....she pulled the classic "throw it in the trash can located beneath her register" super fast even before you can recollect your thoughts....it took me 1 minute but I held up the lane bad mouthed her and called over the manager....pointed the "remaining balance" that gets printed on the receipt and demanded I be given a freshly printed Gift Card because I don't trust her any more.....the manager made her empty the trash can search thru the rubble and retrieve the correct card and took me over to the membership station where he printed a fresh card and told me this is the 2nd time that specific employee got caught with such a theft....
if you guys need to, check google and you will find this trick commonly used by Sams and WalMart employees....

Wow, thanks for the heads-up. I never would have even thought of that. I rarely ever use a gift card at Sam's but I could absolutely see the bottom feeders working in these places trying to make off with some easy $$$ from unsuspecting folks. I can't believe they are allowed to get away with that.

Way late reporting this, but hope it helps someone... successfully used this deal on our Sams Club renewal. Our membership expired May, 2016 and they went ahead and renewed for another year at the $22.50. We also prefer Costco, but travel a lot and sometimes Sams is the only option, so we renew it when a good deal comes around. Thanks for sharing OP.

Shouldn't even discuss Sam's in the same thread as Costco. They are two different animals and don't attract the same demographics.

this offer still works for me

FWIW if you need Disney gift cards Sams Club sells them for about 5% off every day.

People that frequent Disney and/or are Disney Vacation Club members can easily make up for the cost of a Sams membership (if not come out ahead) by buying Disney gift cards from there. Stack that discount with credit card 5% cashback for wholesale club purchases (even gift cards) for even more savings.

This is the primary reason why I have a Sams membership, although I tend to let it expire and buy a new one when a deal like this pops up.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017