This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Moto G4 Play now available at amazon for pre-order $99.99 w/ads ($50 off msrp) Prime required

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Product link:
https://www.amazon.com/Moto-Play-Unlocked-Exclusive-Lockscreen/dp/B01KBH547A/ 

Article to help you decide which Moto is best for you: (note that the "plus" is not available from Amazon with a Prime discount... yet.)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2016/05/28/motorola-moto... 

Member Summary

G4
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
good price for these product. thanks.

dynochristophe (Sep. 08, 2016 @ 12:03a) |

great deal , thans.

pirateharrisbarbara (Sep. 08, 2016 @ 3:52a) |

mine will be here friday. i paid $157. that included a $5 coupon code and i paid $3.99 for prime 1 day shipping. its not... (more)

rosscjr (Sep. 15, 2016 @ 6:16p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Pre-ordering this item is reserved exclusively for Prime members

ffrob said:   Pre-ordering this item is reserved exclusively for Prime members
  Updated.

"note that the "plus" is not available from Amazon. .. yet"

Yes it is. There are only 3 G4 phones. G4, G4 Plus and Play.

Decent backup or main phone if you don't care about updates. I'd imagine the Amazon shoveware will slow OTA (security and features) updates quite a bit.

Now this is real cheap for considering the specs. Green!

you can remove the adds easily

good deal

Reasonable price for a new phone. Specs are a little under my Samsung S5 so I will not be jumping on it, but for a non-contract budget phone it looks good.
Also might a good alternative for the R+ users.

NM

wizardking said:   Reasonable price for a new phone. Specs are a little under my Samsung S5 so I will not be jumping on it, but for a non-contract budget phone it looks good.
Also might a good alternative for the R+ users.

Reasonable but not really a great deal. The G4 Play is essentially a re-badged Moto G 3rd gen (2015). Those go for $150 now, so this is basically the same price before the $50 advertising discount.

Moto (under Lenovo) is slow with updates, so you'll eventually get Android 7.0 (Nougat). But you probably won't get security updates in a timely manner.

Great moto, a great deal.

NO NFC

There's no way to get this to work with Page Plus is there?  I'm still stuck on my 1st gen Moto G (flashed from Boost), which ran out of space long ago. And I'm tired of not having a decent camera.

works with ALL carriers

But I don't think PP allows phones you don't buy from them anymore, or maybe at least not on their prepaid plans, which is what I have.

Looks like this has the same processor as the Moto G (2015 - 3rd gen), same screen size, worse camera, but better battery and newer OS. Are those the only improvements?

I'm going to wait for it to actually hit the stores and hope it drops the price of the Moto G3, and then buy that.

meade18 said:   Looks like this has the same processor as the Moto G (2015 - 3rd gen), same screen size, worse camera, but better battery and newer OS. Are those the only improvements?

I'm going to wait for it to actually hit the stores and hope it drops the price of the Moto G3, and then buy that.

Moto G4 Play is set up out of the box to work on all 4 networks which is more important for the CDMA networks as far as finding lower priced phones. Battery in G4 is supposedly removable. NFC optional. Last 2 need additional verification.

Comparison: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=8104&idPhone1=7247 

good deal but also compare to the blu r1 hd. please note that they may have a purchase limit. i bought the blu r1hd and broke it within a month and had to have my gf order me another.

great deal

good price for these product. thanks.

great deal , thans.

mine will be here friday. i paid $157. that included a $5 coupon code and i paid $3.99 for prime 1 day shipping. its not the best or cheapest but i'm still excited cause i need a dual sim phone to use on ringplus. edit: not a dual sim phone

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017